It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nature Lovers Outraged: Bear and Cubs That Killed Hiker to Be Put Down

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Last week in Yellowstone National Park, a hiker was found dead, partially consumed by bears. That was tragic. But now, according to The Telegraph, a momma grizzly and her two cubs may face a similar fate if a DNA test proves they were responsible for the hiker’s death.

The news that the bears will be put down has nature lovers everywhere outraged.

“Nature should not pay the price for humans venturing out into the wild,” posted one angry commenter on Facebook to park authorities. The park has also been fielding a deluge of calls from people lobbying for the bears’ lives. Many of the protesters believe it’s a case of a mother grizzly protecting her cubs. But was it?

Source

This is just stupid. What do these people expect when going into a bears natural habitat? This is what happens when someone goes into a predators domain that is uneducated and unprepared on what to expect.
edit on 13-8-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Sorry if wrong forum, didn't know exactly where to put this at.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

Last week in Yellowstone National Park, a hiker was found dead, partially consumed by bears. That was tragic. But now, according to The Telegraph, a momma grizzly and her two cubs may face a similar fate if a DNA test proves they were responsible for the hiker’s death.

The news that the bears will be put down has nature lovers everywhere outraged.

“Nature should not pay the price for humans venturing out into the wild,” posted one angry commenter on Facebook to park authorities. The park has also been fielding a deluge of calls from people lobbying for the bears’ lives. Many of the protesters believe it’s a case of a mother grizzly protecting her cubs. But was it?

Source

This is just stupid. If you go into the wild and get attacked and eaten by a bear it's your own fault. It's certainly not the fault of the bear, who is doing what comes naturally: looking for food and finding it. You know the hazards. So, why this?[/quota

I agree, however there is a point to this. Once they kill, they are likely to again. We have been hunting man killers forever. They still do it with big cats all over the world. It's sad but necessary.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

I hate when crap like this happens. There's a tribe in africa where if you get eaten by a tiger, they shrug, they don't seek revenge, they accept that well, it's what tigers do.

+5 more 
link   
Any animal that kills a human should be put down.. WTF ? A man is dead and people are worried about the bears..

link   
Last I checked humans are also a part of nature.
This abstract concept that we are separate from nature is garbage and being on the top of the food chain we don't like to be eaten regardless where we are.
People act as if helicopters are flying over wild areas not accessible to humans killing all bears which isn't reality.
These bears see humans as an easy meal now.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I have more respect for animals than I do for arrogant old men who fail to take the proper safety precautions. Besides there are over 7 Billion humans on the planet, not nearly that many bears.

The deceased man, 63-year-old experienced hiker Lance Crosby, was hiking alone (which is against park recommendations) and did not have bear spray with him.

edit on 13-8-2015 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I think the problem might be the cubs recognize humans as a food source now. A grizzly is a pretty badass..can take down a bull moose with one swipe.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

If you go into the wild and get attacked and eaten by a bear it's your own fault. It's certainly not the fault of the bear

Its my own fault if a bear eats me??

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I agree.

We encroach and encroach and encroach on their habitats, their homes, we kill them with our machines like they don't matter, and now this?

They were here/there first. They should not lose their lives because of an encroacher. Humans are not all that matters.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Sure is.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Sure is.

So if you come to my neighborhood and I attack and kill and eat you it would be your own fault for being in my neighborhood?

link   

Even knowing the risks of what you're doing? Anytime you go into the wild in an area where Bears, Cougars and Wolves roam, you risk being attacked and killed by them. Perhaps this man was close to the bears den....or too close to the bears cubs. The bear was acting out on instinct to protect its young in that case. Any smart man knows that you do NOT get close to a momma bear and her cubs out in the wild. The momma bear WILL attack you.

So what I see, is humans being stupid and not educated on the subject of being outdoors in areas where apex predators roam and call home.

link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
Any animal that kills a human should be put down.. WTF ? A man is dead and people are worried about the bears..

Tell you what. If a bear comes into your home and you put him down, we're going to put you down. That work for you?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Are you a bear?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I agree.

We encroach and encroach and encroach on their habitats, their homes, we kill them with our machines like they don't matter, and now this?

They were here/there first. They should not lose their lives because of an encroacher. Humans are not all that matters.

Their habitats? This is our planet as much as it is theirs. I am all for not hunting bears, but if one eats a camper he should be out down.

We should just let him feed on humans whenever he wants?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Kinda hard to blame the bear when it is in his own environment.
Sure If a bear roamed the streets and ate someone kill it but in it's home?.
Sad and tragic.
No wonder you guys need guns with blooming bears in your countryside, worse we have to deal with is annoyed badgers.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Bear lives matter?????????

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

Tell you what. If a bear comes into your home and you put him down, we're going to put you down. That work for you?

Why is the woods their home and not ours? Its our effing woods and if I want to go camping I hope all the bears that have Eaten people have been put down.

If you dont want to get put down dont effing eat someone.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

It comes down to a simple situation as when you even just once feed a dog or car from your dinner table, they instantly learn where to go sit and beg, meow, or look wistfully the next time they are hungry and you are eating.

These bears have now been feed just once. Evidently, humans are eatable and easy to catch.

While "bear lives matter," the facts of the matter, both physical and ideological are not easy to sort out except for a quick, not very popular solution to some folks.

(I was doing this and see a similar response.)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join