It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive sinkhole in China collapses at construction site, one worker killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
This is a pretty amazing video of a huge sinkhole that collapses killing one worker. Article says that the sinkhole started the day before and the workers were trying to reinforce the hole so it didn't collapse, but it did and one of the workers that was in the hole was killed.

Video of collapse

Another article

What is going on today? Yet another tragic and frightening disaster video has gone viral on the Chinese internet today, showing the moment earlier this morning when an urban rail construction site in Dongguan suddenly and finally collapsed.
According to Apple Daily, the site had partially collapsed the day before opening up a gargantuan sink hole. As workers tried to repair the damage and reinforce the site earlier today, it finally completely collapsed, shaking the entire neighborhood in the process and killing one worker underground.
This is the fifth collapse in just the past three years within 4 kilometers of the site, with each one more devastating than the last.
Watch the terrifying video here and just refrain from going outside today:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

It's amazing only one person was lost in that collapse. Tragic nonetheless, but somehow still a blessing that all others involved survived.

Between their failing economy, all the massive explosions and the literally collapsing infrastructure... China needs a damn hug this year.

edit on AMq000000amThursday0000008620 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

Yeah, they do...lot of stuff happening with typhoons, flooding and explosions, along with sinkholes.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aqualung2012

It's amazing only one person was lost in that collapse. Tragic nonetheless, but somehow still a blessing that all others involved survived.

Between their failing economy, all the massive explosions and the literally collapsing infrastructure... China needs a damn hug this year.

Something tells me a hug ain't gonna fix crap. Made in China, what cha gonna do?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

Yeah, they do...lot of stuff happening with typhoons, flooding and explosions, along with sinkholes.

It's called high-tech warfare. Cause chaos without firing a bullet. Seen the value of the Yuan lately?

Then again, they likely did this all by themselves.

Made In China.
edit on thpamThu, 13 Aug 2015 08:15:23 -0500k1508America/Chicago1315 by Sparkymedic because: Afterthought

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I feel bad for the workers who are put into such a dangerous situation (which shouldn't have to be that dangerous in the first place).

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic

originally posted by: Rezlooper

It's called high-tech warfare. Cause chaos without firing a bullet. Seen the value of the Yuan lately?

Then again, they likely did this all by themselves.

Made In China.

So we're unleashing HAARP on them?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I don't recall in my life time hearing or seeing so many massive sink holes. In just the past few years it seems like you hear about one every few months. The earth is definitely trying to tell us something or their is something manmade causing this.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

It's called growing too quickly. The population of the Earth is increasing exponentially, which is in turn adding more and more buildings, roads, homes, etc...which then leads to resources being used faster i.e., more digging for utilities, pumping more water out of aquifers, etc...which leads to things like this.

It's just like with storms now. People think they are getting more frequent, when in reality they are decreasing but we just have more people around to witness and report them.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I dunno. Maybe HAARP? Like I already said, they likely did this to themselves. This is nothing new for China. Less than a month ago a similar incident occurred at a fuel storage facility. Big blast, but fewer deaths...or so we are told.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danke
a reply to: WeRpeons

It's called growing too quickly. The population of the Earth is increasing exponentially, which is in turn adding more and more buildings, roads, homes, etc...which then leads to resources being used faster i.e., more digging for utilities, pumping more water out of aquifers, etc...which leads to things like this.

It's just like with storms now. People think they are getting more frequent, when in reality they are decreasing but we just have more people around to witness and report them.

Unreal. You keep on thinking like this. Slowly but surely you are becoming the minority as people wake the #@* up! This entire summer, almost every day, Good Morning America has led off with headlines about storms, floods and wildfires and yet you believe this is because - just this year- there is finally enough people to report on it more. LMAO!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic

I dunno. Maybe HAARP? Like I already said, they likely did this to themselves. This is nothing new for China. Less than a month ago a similar incident occurred at a fuel storage facility. Big blast, but fewer deaths...or so we are told.
/

I've posted many times over the past three years about these explosions and how they will continue to increase in frequency and intensity along with sinkholes, quakes, volcanoes, die offs, disease and extreme weather, and sure enough, it has all been increasing and I have been spot on with my predictions. That doesn't mean I am correct with the causation...although I 100% believe I am correct...it is happening nonetheless. Read my past threads posted from my book Fever Rising and my dangerous gas theory thread I posted in December of 2012...It's all happening and occurrences are more and more to the point they are now making the nightly news headlines. Hard to ignore and will get even more difficult as these explosions, sinkholes and weather events begin to affect each and everyone of us personally. That day is coming soon.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Yeah, I dunno. I have a feeling it's all racked up to corruption and a serve lack of safety laws in China, and other places around the world where this crap happens. And at the end of the day, people are just people. We all make mistakes. Also, s#!t happens!

That said, perhaps more and more of us are making them as more and more (possibly) intelligent people are killed through this kind of randomness. Talk about brain drain!

I'm not exactly sure these things are on the rise either though. Do you have stats to back up this theory?

It is very interesting that only at the beginning of this week though, the Chinese Yuan was beginning to bottom out of its valuation. Very suspect, but who knows.

new topics

top topics

join