It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Strange During 2015 Perseid Meteor Shower

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I know this reply is a bit late but bare with me. I live in the UK and was out on the 10th August taking long exposure photos of the Persied meteor shower, and to be fair I got a few decent photo's.

After an hour or so, I noticed a very bright light which was moving very slowly east to south. I was able to take a photo of this strange light (albeit 20 second exposure). What made this incident strange was the fact of how slowly it moved and how luminous it was. It eventually went from a bright orange glow to completely black within a second.

I don't know how similar this is to your experience?!? But, you're more than welcome to the photo.

a reply to: Aqualung2012

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I was out Thursday 8/11 at 4:30 am. I was enjoying the meteor shower just before dawn when they said it would be the best viewing time. I kept seeing stars appear, grow brighter then disappear. Three times it occurred, separately not repeated flashes, south east direction. I thought maybe a straight on shot was happening, but I have never seen that before. So glad you posted. I joined just so I could find others who saw this as well . I don't feel so alone!

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
10-4, ditto.....for a week......and a two stage meteor even....where the second stage was twice the mass of the first as it came in due east....Thursday nite Dallas

a reply to: Starlight6

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Edit
edit on 14-8-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Maybe this has been going on for a long time already.. singularityhub.com... but from the air craft

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Thanks for the info about strange meteors. Will watch for that next time.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ratcals
I do happen to have photographic evidence of this phenomenon. I was outside Thursday morning to photograph the meteor shower. My setup was as follows:

Nikon D7200
18mm lens
ISO 3200
F/3.5
25 second exposures at a 45 second interval
Total 244 exposures

When I was quickly going through them on my camera I noticed these random 'stars' that seem to appear for one frame and then disappear. To be honest I didn't think anything of them until I started reading this thread. I want to say I saw about ten of them over the almost two hour period. I didn't see them as they were happening. It wasn't until I reviewed my photos did I see them. Give me a couple of days and I'll try to make a time lapsed video. Can anyone suggest a good, free program for doing that?

Awesome
Been running a sky camera for the last 3 year got a 2 TeraB drive almost full
Have seen 100' s of these I just ease them most time because I'm looking for Meteor
Will go back to 2014 and 2015 and see if I still have some, Im at work now so will be later on today

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
OK still looking for a double flash
found a few single
So here some eye candy in the mean time

Total catch for Aug 10, 11, 12 /2016

files.abovetopsecret.com...

This show the part of the sky they came from

This show Ground Map overlay

Now looking in 2015 files be back later