It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Probing Laser Directed Into Jet's Cockpit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
XL5

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Its not terrorists, if it were, the pilots would be blind. Maybe some one got tired of seeing the jets lights at night?

Maybe the big warnings on the green laser pointer package lead some kids to believe they could blind the pilots with it (your eyes widen at night to let more light in).

Terrorists would use a Q-switched ND:yag or ND:glass laser to blind the pilots (the eye "sees" the IR as green in that case).

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Maybe they are doing practice runs on trying to track planes so they can down Air Force One with a missle?

The laser might not be an attempt to blind the pilot but rather to see if they can track a plane at various heights and weather conditions.

XL5

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Why wouldn't they use a low power IR laser that can still reach the jet and use night vision goggles or a cheapo camera with no IR filter, so only they can see the beam?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I just purchased a Green Laser from Bigha and they report they use it to point out stars in the sky. I ofcourse do not use it for that , but for own experiments using chrystals , and magnetics. Try Bigha webb site and see..

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
Why wouldn't they use a low power IR laser that can still reach the jet and use night vision goggles or a cheapo camera with no IR filter, so only they can see the beam?

Because it most likely is not terrorists like the article would lead you to believe.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
There are supposedly chinese versions of laser weapons that have the ability to track aircraft. It only makes sense. Why would you make a weapon to blind military aircraft if you had to point it by hand. That would be impossible. This is a piece of military equipment someone is using I would say.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm surprised nobody mentioned the incident in NJ. It actually happened about 10 minutes from where I live.

www.dailyrecord.com...

I think that's the same incident. I'm not sure though. Aparently the laser was shined into a helicopter and the fbi was somehow able to track it down to a residence, and arrested a father of 2 kids who were playing with laser pointers. They questioned the man but he was released 24 hours later. Some of the pointers they make these days can easily reach the planes, but it is strange how it is suddenly happening all around the US at the same time. It makes me wonder... It's also very possible that a lot of kids simply got laser pointers for christmas this year and were testing out the capabilities.

[edit on 2-1-2005 by Barcs]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Agreed Arek,
I think that all possible avenues be explored before heading for the "alien" hypothesis.
Green laser beams are the most sensitive to the human eye and its color spectrum. Example to substantiate this would be the use of green displaying light amplification goggles and eye-wear.

Agreed.

The next problem is how one could point such a beam, and maintain such a beam, at an object flying at a decent rate of speed.
Possible solution would be strapping, duck taping, etc. the laser device onto a tripod and/or telescope.

That's assuming it was intentional, could have been accidental playing around with either a light show laser, laser pointer (more powerful ones these days, likely leading to more such incidents lately), etc.

If painting a target, seems they'd do so for more than a few seconds, to make sure it's working correctly.... I'd look to the mundane vs. aliens here....

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
greetings Im new here.... D tizzle

I just heard of these incidents and ended up here as a result of following up on the news article from FOX.

I have read all of your replies and noticed that my first thought on this has not been addressed.

How about the global missile defense system?

All I have heard of is how the tests have failed. Hum... How did they test it?
What did they test it on. I dont recal the Gov launching any test missiles to target. Could thess planes be the test target.

Its the first thing that came to my mind. Why not target something that is in the air.

Also, could the GMDS be used for non-missile targets such as a space plane with a deadly payload.

Dtiz

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I am from NJ , and it was reported here that he got his laser from Bigha.com , where in my later post I also have recieved one. I am also from NJ , but will not ever do anything like pointing a laser at anyone . I do experiments with crystals and magnetics. Not on air planes ..Point being made that he did buy the laser from the same place as I and did live in NJ. Some people just do not understand that there actions cause a reaction , most times not to there likeing..

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
what about a rifle site?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join