It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relationships are overrated

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Elysian

Who even does that to people?

I do not get human beings sometimes, I really do not.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Who even does that to people?

I do not get human beings sometimes, I really do not.

And allegedly im "attractive"
So either everyone I have met is a liar
Or the people standing me up are cowards

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Feeling your pain there.

It probably is cowardice, but thats still low.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Of my three best friends two at the moment are going through separations/divorces one with two kids one with one kid its the kids I feel sorry for,are the good times they had worth the acrimonious end,I haven't had a girlfriend for 20 years after having my heart pulled out of my chest and stuck in a blender set on frappe Ive never been interested again....yes Ive had sex and muck around but hell will freeze before I love again.
edit on 15-8-2015 by khnum because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2015 by khnum because: boo boo

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

That there is an outrage!

Cowards with enough bottle to ask for a date have to be the worst kind. At least cowards who commit to the role do not let people down!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Relationships are not overrated. And, people don't have to be in a relationship if they don't want to. People are capable of making their own decisions. I'm in a very happy, successful almost two year relationship. We are 5 years apart and I couldn't be happier. It's nice to share experiences with someone whom you have a lot in common with. It's fulfilling to see them happy and healthy. You enjoy the little things in life together, you experience good and bad together. Yes, it's all a life long learning experience, but it's not overrated. Again, it's a choice. If you choose to be single, so be it.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ofleming
Big difference between being lone and being lonely.
Loneliness is a sad state.
Being lone is a choice and not so bad for some.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Well said. Loneliness can be a part of that but overall it doesn't have to be a miserable existence to be on your own. Was far more miserable when I wasn't alone in some cases.

But then again it's difficult for me to understand why it is that some people feel so incomplete/unhappy without someone else.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Then KUDOS to you, i couldn't care less about relationships either. None of it matters, it's all subliminal. And quite frankly, i don't give a flying 'you know what' if people agree or disagree. I am what i am and that is all. Take it or leave it. The world is farked beyond repair and i would'nt mind watching it implode on itself to be honest.

Thats all folks, that's it. The End.
edit on 8/24/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: valiant

Then KUDOS to you, i couldn't care less about relationships either. None of it matters, it's all subliminal. And quite frankly, i don't give a flying 'you know what' if people agree or disagree. I am what i am and that is all. Take it or leave it. The world is farked beyond repair and i would'nt mind watching it implode on itself to be honest.

Thats all folks, that's it. The End.

hahaha.....anyone who says they dont care about relationships clearly does. And frankly, im sick of the doom and glolom from you guys. If your life is so awful that you think the entire worls is farked then i feel bad for you. Mankind is doing some incredible things these days that we should all be proud to be part of. Yes there are terroible things happening as well, but thats the way it goes.

I may suggest that the reason you guys are alone (and supposedly SO happy to be so) is that you are all miserable and so nagative?

Lighten up. Enjoy life. The world is fine and we are having a blast...come and join us

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Actually No, you're wrong. But nice try. The world isn't real get over yourself.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Actually No, you're wrong. But nice try. The world isn't real get over yourself.

Spoken like a true angsty teenager. Let me guess, you also have Tumblr account?
edit on 26-8-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Funny, i was thinking the very same thing about you.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Awareness, why are you militantly defending this idea the world is not real and relationships aren't either? I'm not being rude or mean I just trying to understand. You are free to believe whatever and you don't need my permission, I just want to get some perspective. Have you always felt this way? If not, then when did you start and was there an event that took place? My regards

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Funny, i was thinking the very same thing about you.

Sigh...oh bore off. Go back to your "nothing is real....we are all living in a turtles dream" existence if you want. Ill continue to enjoy my life and my work and love my wife.

Ta ta

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Best not to try do things you love and peeps will love you for it...

:-)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The problem is that most people are biased about each side. If someone's in a relationship, they say it's the best thing ever. If someone's not, they underplay it. I am in a relationship. It's amazing. I love it because I love my partner. However, being single is also awesome and can be just as amazing. I think the only reason people feel pressured to be in relationships is because of insecurity, social psychosis, and our biology. I think the majority of relationships are born out of loneliness and not actual love for one another.

In my view, being single and being in a relationship are both awesome. However, the idea that if you're not in a relationship that something's wrong, is not. It's just not true. You can be happiness on both sides and people need to accept that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join