It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Paratroopers in Ukraine Have Putin Rattled

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Empire....THAT would mean we HOLD the land which we don't.
We DON'T colonize ,we sell stuff.
We have bases to counter flash points(AND we are getting MORE in the pacific)
The countries are asking us in,NOT very Emperial to me.
IN fact it's called being the world's POLICEMEN which I am sick of.
edit on 13-8-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I KNOW they aren't that stupid. They are stuck with their crappy leader like WE are stiuck with THIS asshat.

At least after 8 years we bring in a new asshat.

Russians are stuck with their's until he decides to leave.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You are hated when you don't help...and hated even more when you do help.

Amazing world we live in.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

We KEEP getting compared to Nazis and called an Empire,it's like they DON'T know what those are...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheChrome

“Putin is ready to fight with NATO, as he seriously believes that the U.S. wants to occupy Russia.”

And this is why world leaders like Angela Merkel genuinely think he is going insane.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: pheonix358

We want CHINA not Russia they are an irritation since Chechniya.
Putin is acting foolishly because of a weak US president.

The funny thing is, Americans can't have China. Just like India.

A: You guys are not Asian
B: Your not learning Chinese.
c: Your culture is completely the opposite of China's ideology.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

SINCE you haven't been reading we don't "want" China,why would we want THAT ant pile?
I meant WE WANT to "counter" CHINA ,I suppose is a better wording for civilian types.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

a reply to: makemap

SINCE you haven't been reading we don't "want" China,why would we want THAT ant pile?
I meant WE WANT to "counter" CHINA ,I suppose is a better wording for civilian types.

Some people actually believe that the United States is literally an empire. For the record, the United States can project power globally (which neither Russia nor China can) and its cultural products are popular world-wide. It does not actually control the internal politics of other states. It is not an empire, just an extremely powerful and influential nation.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: yuppa

Answe rme this question..if it was a Puppet regime how come THEY APPROVED OF IT PUBLICLY?

And Putin sees them as the legitimate government elected by the people of Ukraine.

What's even funnier is that the candidate the US backed didn't even win.

True. It is really funny. WHats funnier is the rules they might adopt. Such as Grammar nazi ism. I mean can you imagine Putin or ukraine making it so you cant even mis-spell?. For the crime of bad grammar 10 lashes komrade!!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

a reply to: SubTruth

Empire....THAT would mean we HOLD the land which we don't.
We DON'T colonize ,we sell stuff.
We have bases to counter flash points(AND we are getting MORE in the pacific)
The countries are asking us in,NOT very Emperial to me.

America doesn't colonise? you might want to reflect on...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

We KEEP getting compared to Nazis and called an Empire,it's like they DON'T know what those are...

They more than likely don't, but it seems to be too much to actually learn what they are.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

That wasn't an opinion...it was just a solution to possibly keep it from happening again.

edit on Thu Aug 13 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Please explain how the Nuland call proves a US backed coup. Last time I checked the protests that led to Yanukovych's impeachment were pro-EU. Plus the US backed candidate didn't win in the election.

Did you even listen to the conversation? They are clearly talking about who is to be installed as the new leader of the Ukraine...Mr. Arseniy Yatsenyuk...and low and behold...3 weeks later, guess who was the Prime Minister if the Ukraine?

If you think this is some kind of coincidence...I want whatever you're smoking.

If you read the other link....PRESIDENT OBAMA admitted they were behind the regime change....what more do you people need?

Last time I checked the protests that led to Yanukovych's impeachment were pro-EU

Perhaps for the oligarchs....but I can tell you without doubt that the militia units such as the Azov Battalion, Right Sector....who provided the muscle in the Maidan...were doing it purely because they are anti-Russian....not pro western.

Do you even know what's going on there?

Hell, even his own party voted to impeach him.

And now...unhappy with the cease fire....the Ultra-nationalist fascist groups inside the Ukrainian Parliament are demanding that Poroshenko be impeached. Seems they took issue with Poroshenko's order to disarm and be folded into the Ukrainian Army.

Ukraine: Thousands of far-right supporters rally in Kiev calling for impeachment of President Poroshenko

[www.ibtimes.co.uk...]

The Ukrainian Revolution’s Neo-Fascist Problem

HERE

If you need more information....I would be happy to link it for you.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

IF the US is SO HOSTILE and voracious WHY does Russia still exist?

Russia is a bit too big a fish to fry for the Americans....they can slaughter innocent people all day long...but a well equipped, motivated, and well trained force....LOL...NOT.

You my sadly misguided friend, have been watching too much Fox News...and you are a prime example that there are some men you just can't reach.

Good day to you sir.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: deadcalm

Did you even listen to the conversation? They are clearly talking about who is to be installed as the new leader of the Ukraine...Mr. Arseniy Yatsenyuk...and low and behold...3 weeks later, guess who was the Prime Minister if the Ukraine?

You seem to be a bit confused here...

You do know that he was offered the PM job by Yanukovych and turned it down...ironic isn't it?

He turned down the position of prime minister when the now-ousted Yanukovych offered it to him in January but he accepted the role following the Euromaidan protesters' victory last month.

www.theguardian.com...

You should also know that it was parliament who voted him in as PM...he wasn't put there by the US.

For the candidacy of the Prime Minister of Ukraine, 371 members of parliament voted for Arseniy Yatsenyuk, only two votes short of the record high 373 votes won by Yulia Tymoshenko in 2005.[12]

en.wikipedia.org...

And now...unhappy with the cease fire....the Ultra-nationalist fascist groups inside the Ukrainian Parliament are demanding that Poroshenko be impeached. Seems they took issue with Poroshenko's order to disarm and be folded into the Ukrainian Army.

Did you even read the article?

The demonstration was not done by anyone in parliament and the reason for it is not what you seem to think.

"Right Sector is initiating a nationwide Ukrainian referendum to answer several questions. First, a motion of no-confidence in government; second, we demand for the Russian war against Ukraine to finally be recognised as a war, and not as an antiterrorist operation. Our Ukrainian people must have their word here," he said.

"Three, we demand a complete blockade of the occupied territories. Four, we ask our people to support the legalisation of the Ukrainian volunteers corps and other volunteer units according to the law," Yarosh added.

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

If you need more information....I would be happy to link it for you.

Please do as your last source is a bit on the wrong side with his opinions that are not based on actual facts, but are full of assumptions.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Well equipped, well trained, and motivated? Have you missed the fact that Russia's air force is literally falling apart? Or what about the fact that most of Russia's military is composed of one year conscripts with only a few months training?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

It's our execptionalism again(THEY hate that)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I have we don't do that as a policy.
LOGIC clearly shows we only destroy ,never occupy with skill.
If you are citing the passed ,well ,I am talking about THIS millenia actually.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

NOT when the wall came down you weren't.
We could have overun to the point where you had ONLY nukes.
NOT a problem.
You just can't figure out WHY.
Had the tables been turned I KNOW RUSSIA would hit the US. Slovic empathy is LEGENDARY that way.
It isn't what America wants or it would have happened.
I WAS in the CAV unit that was there eo lead it.
edit on 13-8-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join