It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Paratroopers in Ukraine Have Putin Rattled

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

“The situation is very tense and concerning,” independent analyst and former Kremlin adviser Stanislav Belkovsky told The Daily Beast on Wednesday. “Putin is ready to fight with NATO, as he seriously believes that the U.S. wants to occupy Russia.”

Back in the 80's was the movie "Red Dawn." Is Putin thinking of a Red, White, and Blue Dawn?

www.thedailybeast.com...

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
WE DON'T WANT TO OCCUPY RUSSIA.
We want Russia to back off Ukraine and surrounding countries.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
There is only one outcome from a war between Russia and the US, both sides know it and would go that route first if ever a war to occur. No winners, so they both know it will never happen. Good ol' political propaganda.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
In all seriousness I don't think Putin is worried about the US trying to take over Russia.
You couldn't do it - impossible in every way shape and form.

What a nonsense article...

The U.S. military is drawing on its own experiences to teach the Ukrainians how best to survive under heavy artillery barrages, tank and sniper attacks,

Really? When was the last time the US military was under such attack? Bastogne? Do they forget about the great Patriotic war that Ukraine fought?

the US is there to provoke Russia to do something stupid. The quicker they do something stupid that we provoke the quicker we can go to war. Spend money, make people rich, remove the population and blame the REDS!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

On the other hand, if the US wasn't there Russia likely would have fully invaded Ukraine by now.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

You forgot to add.

So that the mighty US can extend their empire right up to Russia's door step.

Russia did not want nor did they need to get involved in Ukraine.

They reacted when the US installed a puppet regime after throwing out the democratically elected government.

The US only wants others to have democracy when the people choose the US puppets.

Otherwise it is REGIME CHANGE, US style.

P

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

There is another outcome,

a second cold war and some cool new Bond movies.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
If anything happens it'll be another Cold War, with Russia and the US never fighting each other directly, but loads of proxy wars being fought all over the world, only this time they'll be more focused in Eastern Europe.

Russia does not want Ukraine to join the European Union. They want to establish a new bloc of power, fashioned after the Soviet Union. They've been at it for years, like when they invaded Georgia. But they don't have enough allies yet to really send the proverbial sh** flying into the proverbial fan.

You can bet Russia's government is telling its people all about how aggressive and belligerent the US is. Russia is a dictatorship in all but name, and if you want to successfully run a dictatorship, the people need a common enemy to unite them.

In the 90's Putin brought down the corrupt oligarchs who had seized power following the collapse of the USSR. The people loved him well for that, for a while at least. Whatever else he might be, he's smart. Like a typical dictator, he's managed to cultivate a great image for himself.

I think it might be wiser to look at who is or will be allied with Russia. Without allies, all it can do is posture and whine, but Russia's hand has a long reach.

I wonder what China will end up doing.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I agree with that, but the disturbing thing is what other delusional world leaders might think.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheChrome

OR what idiotic amatures might stumble out...aka OUR POTUS.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7
Yeah, and Russia wants NATO off it's damn doorstep.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Just like right after WWII, and look what happened that time...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

You forgot to add.

So that the mighty US can extend their empire right up to Russia's door step.

Russia did not want nor did they need to get involved in Ukraine.

They reacted when the US installed a puppet regime after throwing out the democratically elected government.

The US only wants others to have democracy when the people choose the US puppets.

Otherwise it is REGIME CHANGE, US style.

P

Answe rme this question..if it was a Puppet regime how come THEY APPROVED OF IT PUBLICLY?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman
Somehow you think one situation is the same as the other - or - you are in agreement regarding the buffer zone left after the break of the USSR?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

We want CHINA not Russia they are an irritation since Chechniya.
Putin is acting foolishly because of a weak US president.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Yeah, and Russia wants NATO off it's damn doorstep.

And yet they have had no problem in the past as NATO countries already are on their borders.

When Russia leaves their neighbors alone...those neighbors won't be looking for NATO to keep them from becoming part of Russia again.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Answe rme this question..if it was a Puppet regime how come THEY APPROVED OF IT PUBLICLY?

And Putin sees them as the legitimate government elected by the people of Ukraine.

What's even funnier is that the candidate the US backed didn't even win.

(post by notmyrealname removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artlogic

originally posted by: notmyrealname
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Your need and sad. I wish you resemble someone that you will get nothing for your pathetic and grovel, I may someday let you well. if you both pathetic and desire to ride on your pathetic and grovel, I may someone that was anywhere near a high level IQ. Your need and grovel, I may someone that was anywhere near a high level in an organization however I have a feeling that was anywhere near a high level IQ. Your need and grovel, I may someone that was anywhere near a high level in an organization howev

Cool Runnings amigo.

Having trouble with your translator there comrade?

Putin needs to dock his pay. I think that was an attempt at an insult but it's hard to tell.

I don't think I've ever seen someone stutter in a text message before. putin needs to dock his pay. I'm not sure but I think that was an attempt at insulting. Or a recipe for chicken curry.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join