It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am conflicted

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: ChiefD

Don't give up your vote! You have another choice! WRITE IN BERNIE SANDERS!!!

I'm quite certain this will be a huge movement if Hills gets the nod...

.......or Rand.......God please let Rand make it to the primaries lol

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Check out Jim Webb...

He's what TPTB call fringe...

He's not... he's an honest Democrat... left a cushy Senate seat once he saw what actually is going on in the hallowed halls of Congress...

Last time I looked, Sanders was an Independent... now he runs as a DEM? had to get some $$$$ from the corrupt election procedure?

Me? I am all for a Carson/ Webb shake up..... flip them to your party preference, but IMO, those two are the best we have to choose from...

YMMV

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Carlson is done IMO. He made the mistake of getting caught up in the PP drama and now it's come out that he, himself, utilized fetal tissue for research in the nineties. He's trying to spin it but I think he just checkmated himself.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

You must not have spent time to sit back and compare... the PP deal vs a Dr researching...

I am quite sure that Ben didn't take a life with gov't funding, sell it to the most lucrative buyer and used that to conduct his job....

apples and oranges...

PP needs heads to fall if it wants to keep being funded by the taxpayers on any level... IMO...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I once felt this way, but this time around I'm not registering to vote for a single person or issue. I think the only place in America where your vote doesn't count is if your the city of Washington DC as congress is more than willing to reverse elected policies. Its the upcoming pot issues on at least 16 different state elections that I will be voting for. If these election issues succeed the federal government will have no choice but to change, end, or reform the war on drugs, ending the war on drugs would solve many of the problems we have as a country.

Currently I support Sanders, whoever I vote for in the election will be the best choice I can make, but its the other issues that will bring about real change.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

None of the researchers dealing with PP took any "lives with government funding". This is a point that many people have been screaming since the onset of this debacle. That kind of misinformation shows how muddied the waters are regarding this issue.

Carson engaged in the same exact behaviors that he is currently speaking out against for political gain. He got caught.

FTR: I am very much sympathetic to the research being done and feel it to be a quantitative positive. Just as Carson apparently did when he was focused upon science and not politics.

But it stands that he pandered to a particular viewpoint ( a misinformed one at that ) and now will have to reap what he's sewn.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I beg to differ on your POV, but I do wonder.. why do folks who actually try and find someone to move the nation forward be it left or right, and fall into the trap of demonizing those who may actually be the answer...

Me I am Webb left Carson right ... in my dreams that would be my ticket...

I dread the $$$$$$$$$$ influence and we will be faced with another Bush- Clinton battle..

Are we so weak that we allow this......... again?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

I beg to differ on your POV, but I do wonder.. why do folks who actually try and find someone to move the nation forward be it left or right, and fall into the trap of demonizing those who may actually be the answer...

C'mon Jack, haven't you been paying attention? It's all media manipulation, now it's social media and bandwagoning that causes people to be extremely stupid without even realizing it! I thought everyone knew this.....
(on ATS)
edit on 13-8-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

It does seem to be seeping into our hallowed ground of ...

trying to find the answer?

I don't mind opposing opinions, discussion from opposition makes us better... would rather the discussion these days avoided the spoonfed divide...

we are better than that... aren't we?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

we are better than that... aren't we?

I'd love to say yes to this... but all evidence lately shows we aren't. It's super embarrassing.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

chin up.... fight the good fight... as in... present your thoughts, ignore the deflection, and hope that your message gets through the maze of "one upmanship" meme, parroting posts that we all, on differing sides have to deal with..

We cannot cave to the crowd of Cardashian followers can we?

I hope not.....

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yeah, I know we're all screwed. I'm just gonna shrug, laugh, and drink beer.

And if Sanders doesn't get the nod, I'll write him in. Because I'm just that kind of person.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I want to like her, but I cannot make myself do this. I want Bernie Sanders to get the nod. If he isn't able to get it, I fear I will lose hope.

Hope had it's head blown off in front of God and everybody
about fifty years ago. Hope for what? Can you even tell me?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Nope. Sad that.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I didn't think so.
But I apologise for being so harsh okay?
Call it manopause?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join