It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am conflicted

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
With this latest scandal of Hilary Clinton's, I'm so conflicted. I'm worried she will get the Democrat nomination.

I want to like her, but I cannot make myself do this. I want Bernie Sanders to get the nod. If he isn't able to get it, I fear I will lose hope.

As a liberal, I will not vote for any republican. So I would have to do what I have done in past races and "vote for the lesser of two evils". I get so tired of doing this.

No, if she gets the nod, I will bow out. I will not vote at all as a form of protest. Because I'm tired of her and all her scandals. I don't like her.

This is all just pathetic.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Same with me. Normally I would vote democrat even if I wasn't entirely happy with the candidate. If she gets the nomination, I am just not voting.

It's not her mails and it's not Benghazi. Those are the least of my worries. I knew, from online gaming, one of the security personnel that died at Benghazi. He is likely rolling in his grave over the unending coverage. He always knew the risks.

I even thought she did a fair job as Secretary of State. She has a lot of other skeletons in her closet I am more concerned about and we don'
t need a dynasty.

edit on 12-8-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Go Hillary!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Republicans love this kind of attitude.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yes, I imagine they would. They may find that the tables turn on them and they will be in the same boat I'm in.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

Yes, I imagine they would. They may find that the tables turn on them and they will be in the same boat I'm in.

Many vote Libertarian anyway.

2016 won't matter.

Jeb is taking the whole ball of wax.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

With this latest scandal of Hilary Clinton's, I'm so conflicted. I'm worried she will get the Democrat nomination.

I want to like her, but I cannot make myself do this. I want Bernie Sanders to get the nod. If he isn't able to get it, I fear I will lose hope.

As a liberal, I will not vote for any republican. So I would have to do what I have done in past races and "vote for the lesser of two evils". I get so tired of doing this.

No, if she gets the nod, I will bow out. I will not vote at all as a form of protest. Because I'm tired of her and all her scandals. I don't like her.

This is all just pathetic.

Pleeeeeze don't do that. If your last option is to not participate, at least give it to a 3rd-party contender.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Republican have that kind of attitude. I'm always hearing "if ____ makes it as GOP, I'm not voting!"

Trump and Hillary are both inciting those sorts of responses. Maybe if they both get in, a third option may have a chance, heh heh.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I can't imagine any decent third party contender. Although if Sanders doesn't get the nod, I wonder if people could still put him down as a write in. It would be a long shot, but I'd rather do that than vote for Hilary.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Yeah, but I remember hearing this is 2008 with Obama vs Hillary. PUMA: "Party Unity, My Ass!" was all the rage. In the end they still voted for Obama over McCain. It's just words at this point.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Republican have that kind of attitude. I'm always hearing "if ____ makes it as GOP, I'm not voting!"

Trump and Hillary are both inciting those sorts of responses. Maybe if they both get in, a third option may have a chance, heh heh.

You are correct. I will not vote for an establishment goon period.

If it is Bush vs. Hillary, I will vote for Gary Johnson.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I can never understand people like you,that you feel allegiance to a party no matter how diabolical they are or how corrupt they are.
It's obvious the votes are rigged and your vote counts for nothing anyway.
At this moment in time Hilary looks like she needs a word with the FBI over the emails,a position no Presidential candidate should ever be in.
But i would bet every dollar i have that she will get in next year and when she does she will destroy this country.
I am not having a go at you but get your mind away from the left right paradigm.
I am working class and as a young man would have always voted labour in Britain but when they were in they were just as bad as the last lot and it immediately hit me like a ton of bricks,they are full of sh!te.

edit on 12-8-2015 by southbeach because: grammatical

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I'm beginning to honestly wonder if our votes actually make a difference.

For right now?

My vote is going as my signature states.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Your post made me grin.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I am not a Republican or Democrat, but I do have a logical progression for my vote.

If Republican = Bush and Democrat = Clinton then
Vote = Gary Johnson
EndIF

I won't vote for Bush or Clinton and if it is between Bush and Clinton I will vote Gary Johnson. I might vote for Gary Johnson anyway, but I want to see who ends up as the nominees before I decide.

I feel sorry for you folks that are locked into only being able to vote for one party. I prefer to keep my options and my mind open.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

It did happen to them, remember Ron Paul?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

At the risk of sounding like one of those crazy conspiracy theorists who is probably on an entire catalog of watchlists...

it almost seems like both parties are creating the same narrative, the Dems with Clinton and Sanders - the Rep's with Bush and Trump. If I wasn't sober and somewhat sane, I might suggest that it smells almost deliberate.

America is currently dramatically polarized by partisan dogmatic principle. The actual "middle" no longer exists. In it's place has arisen this quagmire of Oligarchical and Corporatist power. In the current middle, neither the left nor the right really get represented. We all end up under the boots of Multinationals who don't give a spit about the US or it's people.

Enter into that The Donald and Bernie. The most Right and Left of both sides. Toss in a few tropes and memes... a ton of disinformation... and some convenient "movements", on both sides... all combining to make most of us suspicious or even afraid of either Bernie or Donald winning.

Toss in a sprinkling of both structured parties decrying The Donald and Bernie - and it all adds up to cancelling them both out. They stay around just long enough to make both sides feel like they've got a horse in the race.

Then, the actual election comes and we're left with Bush and Mrs Just Like A Bush - both serving the above mentioned "middle" - the Oligarchs.

The People sullenly head to the polls to cast their vote for their second choice - their default... and no matter who wins, Bush or Clinton? It's exactly the same outcome. The corporations just purchased yet another election thanks to Citizens United.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Enter into that The Donald and Bernie. The most Right and Left of both sides.

While I totally agree about Bernie there is no way that Donald is even close to the most right wing of the Republicans. I still think there might be something to your theory though. I think if one party has a Bush/Clinton and the other doesn't then we might see a landslide for the non-Bush/Clinton candidate.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

You think we haven't been there?

What do you call McCain and Romney?

Ah, and I remember how many liberals at the time told us and told us that they were the only 'electable' and 'reasonable' ones in the bunch.

So I am not going to feel one bit sorry that you finally perceive the problem.
edit on 12-8-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I am simply going to write in who I want.That way there can be no "oops,the computer cast my vote for the wrong person",or if who I wanted didn't get in,I still got to vote for who I wanted.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join