It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we still not have Answers for Ceres Lights?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Seriously. We been in Orbit awhile now and Nasa still wont try and explain those bright spots? There must be a cover up. Either they are hiding something or we sent and inadequate probe way on in deep space. Why would we not have instruments on Dawn to help us determine what those spots could be?

We knew for instance there could be water out there, yet...silence.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I saw dead silence coming in regards to this. But give them some time, I'm sure they will come up with something that will make the people happy, they always do.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
maybe because their operating budget was slashed to almost nothing they probably dont have enough 'workers' to get more analysis and pics to us more promptly

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
maybe because their operating budget was slashed to almost nothing they probably dont have enough 'workers' to get more analysis and pics to us more promptly

Or maybe its an Alien City and they are hiding it.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

NASA = Never A Straight Answer

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Or...they just don't know yet. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
Or...they just don't know yet. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

My speculation on the reason we have no Information on Ceres Lights is more fun than yours.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

originally posted by: In4ormant

My speculation on the reason we have no Information on Ceres Lights is more fun than yours.

No doubt about it. You could make it a short story and I would read it!
edit on 12-8-2015 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Actually, NASA has essentially ruled out the possibility that the bright spots in Occator crater are made of ice. Very recently they reported that Dawn's spectrograph had not detected evidence of water ice, and it should have been able to, if water were present.
Salts now seem to be the new favorite, and they are looking for evidence to support this. If they don't find the evidence, they will move on to something else. By the careful process of elimination, they will eventually have a good, scientifically supported explanation for the bright spots.
Dawn will enter its new orbit, three times closer than the old one, and will begin to take new, much better images, and scientific readings, in just five days. There's a good chance that we will soon know more about Ceres than we currently do.
Dawn moves very slowly, due to its ion propulsion system. It takes weeks to move from one orbit to another. Besides that, there was a two week hiatus, in which Dawn didn't move any closer to Ceres. This was caused by a malfunction that has now been corrected.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Here is my crappy short story you could read, don't say I didn't warn you, its bad.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ross 54
Actually, NASA has essentially ruled out the possibility that the bright spots in Occator crater are made of ice. Very recently they reported that Dawn's spectrograph had not detected evidence of water ice, and it should have been able to, if water were present.
Salts now seem to be the new favorite, and they are looking for evidence to support this. If they don't find the evidence, they will move on to something else. By the careful process of elimination, they will eventually have a good, scientifically supported explanation for the bright spots.
Dawn will enter its new orbit, three times closer than the old one, and will begin to take new, much better images, and scientific readings, in just five days. There's a good chance that we will soon know more about Ceres than we currently do.
Dawn moves very slowly, due to its ion propulsion system. It takes weeks to move from one orbit to another. Besides that, there was a two week hiatus, in which Dawn didn't move any closer to Ceres. This was caused by a malfunction that has now been corrected.

I hope it's a massive colony of luminous bacteria. That would be phenomenal.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

The TRUTH may be too much for some to handle...
Acknowledged

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
a reply to: In4ormant

Here is my crappy short story you could read, don't say I didn't warn you, its bad.

It needed a little more character development but not bad for a draft.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
They might have the data already, but reserving it for study. This is a normal practice in science community, as it gives the mission participants a fair chance to make discoveries first and release official statements/articles/science papers. It's better to be thorough and methodical, than release half-baked "news" which them might turn out to be inaccurate.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Seriously though, salt? How could salt be so reflective? We've all seen the images, I think salt pans is bull# personally. But hey, 20 years ago I thought Cydonia had ruins.

edit on 3America/Chicago30Wed, 12 Aug 2015 22:30:42 -0500121000000015 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
We still don't have a yes, no, or maybe about the Cuban Underwater Pyramids. Can't imagine some sort of significant information being brushed under the carpet elsewhere...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ross 54

I guess if you want to go out on a limb like that, sure. I think Aliens are more probable. Ship broke down and they had to build a dome to survive. Dome is what is reflecting the lights. They been there a few thousand years now so they have had time to create smaller additional domes.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Maybe it's an alien symbol like in Ernest Cline's book "Armada" -- and NASA is studying it, trying to decide if we should take it as a sign of hostility?

Sorry, I just finished the book "Armada". Humans in the 1970's find a huge swastika on Europa with the Voyager space probe, but NASA covers it up.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The irony here is killing me.

Nasa puts something out and it's quickly jumped on here as:

BS, lies, hoax, no straight answer, disinformation.

Nasa doesn't put something out or is quiet about something and:

It's a cover up! They're hiding something! Aliens! They don't want us to know!

The waffling is making me think I'm in a pancake house.......

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Nobody said "Simon Says" before the request.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join