It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fetal tissue and how it has advanced medical science.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

There's nothing callous about using someone else's trash for the betterment of mankind.

Abortions are going to happen, might as well use the results for good.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

no, they are where they are at because our great leaders have placed their and their buddy's desires for the country's natural resources above the troops welfare....
but well, you seem to have missed the point I was making entirely so I will just say this....
what about those women, who really want their babies but find out that for one reason or another they can't have them without facing nasty consequences or well, find out their babies are severely deformed....
you're unwanted baby bit doesn't cover everyone involved, now does it??

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

i just had my first instant onset migraine. something nut rightttt...... . . angRY

HULK SMASH!!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

There's nothing callous about using someone else's trash for the betterment of mankind.

Disgusting

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Sorry to offend you delicate sensibilities! Would you prefer "biologic waste" instead of "trash"? I mean, you guys DO seem to prefer that aborted results become trash rather than stem cell samples and growth cultures.

edit on 12-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Disgusting
Thank you.
I couldn't find the words to respond to such complete lunacy.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

What is lunacy is retarding scientific and medical advancements because you're offended by the use of aborted embryonic and fetal tissues and stems cells, for the betterment of mankind.

(post by fixitwcw removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
www.pewforum.org...

The Case Against Embryonic Stem Cell Research: An Interview with Yuval Levin
Scientists largely agree that stem cells may hold a key to the treatment, and even cure, of many serious medical conditions. But while the use of adult stem cells is widely accepted, many religious groups and others oppose stem cell research involving the use and destruction of human embryos. At the same time, many scientists say that embryonic stem cell research is necessary to unlock the promise of stem cell therapies since embryonic stem cells can develop into any cell type in the human body.

In late 2007, researchers in the United States and Japan succeeded in reprogramming adult skin cells to act like embryonic stem cells. The new development offers the possibility that the controversy over the use of embryos could end. But many scientists and supporters of embryonic stem cell research caution that this advance has not eliminated the need for embryos, at least for the time being.

This was written in 2008, what is still going on today is barbaric and unnecessary.

Follow the money.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I mean, you guys DO seem to prefer that aborted results become trash rather than stem cell samples and growth cultures.

Um no, we would prefer if there were no "aborted results" (again... disgusting).

edit on 12-8-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

SMACK!

that fell faster than wtc7.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

A Case For Embryonic Research

First, it is important to note that not all Abrahamic religions universally agree with the notion that a human embryo has any moral status at all. Orthodox Jews, imams in the Islamic tradition and many Protestant denominations do not equate the embryo with the moral status of a born human person. The Roman Catholic Church did not traditionally attribute personhood to the embryo, and this view only started to change in the middle of the 19th century. Even now there are many people who are pro-life who support human embryonic stem cell research.

If you talk to any of the stem cell biologists, they’ll tell you that the need for human embryonic stem cells continues and will continue for the foreseeable future for a number of reasons. For one thing, in order to know what those alternatives can do, they’ll need to be compared with something, and the gold standard continues to be human embryonic stem cells. For another, there may be some biological limits to the utility of alternative sources, such as these skin cells. And, of course, the techniques now being used involve a genetic factor that is carcinogenic. At this point it is still too early to tell exactly what this news means.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

I mean, you guys DO seem to prefer that aborted results become trash rather than stem cell samples and growth cultures.

Um no, we would prefer if there were no "aborted results" (again... disgusting).

You can dream.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
So weve got 2 nazy references, a bunch of childish comments, and where only on page 3.

It seems difficult for some people to understand, an abortion is a medical procedure that is decided between the women and her doctor, i love free speech and all , but damn people love to share how outraged they are when it does not affect them personaly.

Oh and stem cell research, is helping us the living live longer and cure diseases, to learn about the human body.

edit on 12-8-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Where do you draw the line between scientific benefits and amoral activity?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
So weve got 2 nazy references, a bunch of childish comments, and where only on page 3.

It seems difficult for some people to understand, and abortion is a medical treatment that is decided between the women and her doctor, i love free speech and all , but damn people love to share how outraged they are when it does not affect them personaly.

Oh and stem cell research, is helping us the living live longer and cure diseases, to learn anout the human body.

How do you know people here haven't been affected deeply? Are you omniscient?

Someone very close to me, in my family, had an abortion when she was a young woman. Today she regrets it as the greatest mistake of her life. She prays for forgiveness from God every night for the life she feels she killed...and wonders every day who that child would have grown up to be.
Just because you are able to to be so cavalier about it...doesn't mean everyone else is.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Love,you man, i usually tip toe around the subject of abortion, i personally am against it, but i can understand why women can take that decision. For the moral part thats a tough one.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: beezzer

Love,you man, i usually tip toe around the subject of abortion, i personally am against it, but i can understand why women can take that decision. For the moral part thats a tough one.

Didn't mean to put you on the spot.

scientific advances are great. But there is always a line that cannot be crossed.

It differs from person to person.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
For the Bible believing Christians in this thread, I've said it before and I'll say it here:

The Bible teaches that the human soul is imparted into the human vessel at the first breath. This always happens outside of the womb. You will find the hebrew term "mi-beten" to express that human soul-life begins OUTSIDE of the womb.

Until you take your first breath, there is no soul, just biological machinery.

This is not a Biblical issue, but a political one.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: The GUT
Should we grow some of them little suckers for harvesting then? I know it's more complicated than that, but it all starts to lead to those kind of questions.

Have abortion rates been going up or down since the 1970's?

And the crazies have been getting crazier....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join