It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Carter, former US president, reveals he has cancer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Former US President Jimmy Carter says recent liver surgery revealed that he has cancer and it has spread to other parts of his body.
The 90-year-old statesman underwent surgery to remove a small mass in his liver earlier this month.
He said he would reveal more "when facts are known, possibly next week".
Mr Carter, who left the White House in 1981, has remained active carrying out humanitarian efforts with his Carter Center in recent years. [BBC News]

Very sad. I think he's a very cool, reverant, and respectful man who is still very vital at the age of 90. All the best to him and his family in this battle.

edit on 8/12/2015 by ~Lucidity because: phone stutter

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

This is so sad... I have always had a lot of respect for the man. Good wishes to him and his family.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

And in a final tribute to the medical religion, he takes the hemlock. I support informed consent, so be my guest.

We could have used a few more years of his truthiness. Thanks for being a warrior over the years.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I still have the gold peanut I bought during his campaign.
I wish him an easy passage.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
That may explain why he has broken from the party mantra as of late. I look forward to hearing more of what he has to say during these trying times and hope that his truth will bring him comfort and healing.

Peace be the journey...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Despite his record as POTUS....I always liked and respected Carter.
Sad news....

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I wouldn't wish cancer on any one.

Over the years, I've come to respect the man a great deal. As President, he was in over his head most of the time.

Had he waited ten years or so? He might have been a great President.

I wish him well, and my prayers.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
We all know that no one lives forever but some people cause us to suspend that knowledge. I hope the best for him and his family.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I never cared for his political views but always respected him as a man.
The time he went to 3 mile island during the crisis really impressed me.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
As a president, *meh*

As a humanitarian? A giant.

Take care, Mr. Carter.

My prayers are with you and your family.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I love you Jimmy, stay strong.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

God speed to the man. He has always been a great humanitarian.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
No matter what history may make of any mistakes during his presidency...
One would be hard pressed to question his intentions.

A good man no doubt.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I always thought he was the most honest president in my life time. For a past president to roll up his sleeves and help build houses for those who couldn't afford one says a lot about his character.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Liver cancer is a tough battle to fight, so I wish him all the best on that front.

He was a decent person who simply put himself in the wrong position with the presidency.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

That is sad. He has done so much for the world, it is unfair.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I have to add a short story about Jimmy Carter from an interview I heard Greg Allman of the Allman Bros Band say. Their was a function at the Carter Farm and the Allman Bros were paid to play a short set, well they got tied up in traffic and the truck broke down and they didn't show up till after the function was over. A skinny guy in shorts and cowboy boots came down and met them when they arrived, he had a bottle of whiskey in his hand and told them the function was over. They sat down and drank the bottle of whiskey with the skinny guy and talked and laughed. They had no idea when the chat was over the skinny guy stood up and introduced himself as President Carter.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Awe! I like Jimmy Carter.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I was going to take my kids to one of his Sunday School readings when I lived in Georgia. He might be CFR and stuff, but he seemed genuine in his later years.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
He lived a long time. I voted for him and I thought he was a brave president. He tried but the machine hated him at the time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join