It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Video Captured By Homeland Security Analyzed

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
No you can't, you would be guessing at its position and the circling of the plane creates an illusion.

a reply to: funbox

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

and how many miles per hour would you be out? enough to not make a point ?

funbox

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
So I found another version of the video which seems to be higher quality, unfortunately it is an edited version. To me though, the object clearly goes behind some trees, and it definitely appears to be submerged at the water stage. At some points the haze/distortion around the object seems quite clear too. View on 720 and full screen this puppy.

edit on 14-8-2015 by Jonjonj because: forgot something

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

say for instance, the time it takes to get from the railway track to the warehouse *the one with the hot roof*

as the crow fly's

funbox

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Did you just make a point?

Another researcher determined 19mph, is he wrong? That was using the ripples is the water...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Even your video clearly shows it never goes in the water. Why do you think it does? The hot side just rotates away from the camera.

a reply to: Jonjonj

edit on 14-8-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox

I want proof just as bad as everyone else, but:

the proof is there , its speed can be calculated from the known forest that it crosses, also some of the fields. maybe even that bit where the land meets sea.. all known distances..

you have the tools to prove its speed

funbox

Does that take into consideration the focal length of the lens on the camera after all we ALL should know how focal length can change how things look.

edit on 14-8-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Ummm, in the video above, why does the video show when the object enters the water (54 sec mark), it disappears right to left? If it was entering the water, wouldn't it disappear left to right?
edit on 14-8-2015 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope

You seem quite impressed with this 160 page report most likely coming from MUFON-centric sources and study. It only holds weight in your world of UFOlogy. It means zip outside of that.

All balloons pop and disappear? Once released, some balloons will pop when they reach a certain altitude, while others will fall back to Earth as the helium slowly leaks out.

Some balloons do not experience this brittle failure mode. Instead, they slowly leak helium and descend to the Earth in one piece. This happens to balloons that do not have sufficient helium to rise to the altitude of five miles, which is the breaking point for latex. These balloons travel about 68 miles on a calm day before returning to the ground.

Source
I suggest you either use a little common sense or do your research before making comments. It seems silly to post a link to verify something like this.

So what do you think is in the three screen grabs I posted?

A group of connected round objects tumbling in the wind, but absolutely not balloons, huh? Maybe a group of interconnected reconnaissance alien space pods tumbling through the air checking out Puerto Rico before crashing into the sea? Well that makes sense. Of course I'll hear- "I never said aliens!" while continuing to support MUFON's strange object conclusion. I'd have to say a poor aerodynamic design with all of that drag it must create from tumbling. Hopefully no occupants in those alien space pods either, they would get awful dizzy.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait....

Are you saying cameras can trick you??????

a reply to: wmd_2008

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait....

Are you saying cameras can trick you??????

All the time on here it seems.
edit on 14-8-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

a stable focal length is all you need as well you know, not the altered one in jaws. do the math if you dare

funbox

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

ripples in the water , how very accurate .. why not some known positions like I've suggested, the way it traverses some of those fields is faster than 19 mph in my inexpert opinion

funbox

edit on 14-8-2015 by funbox because: w

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It isn't traversing those fields that fast though. The moving plane circling overhead is creating an illusion of speed.

The reason he used ripples is because there is pretty solid visual evidence the object is 1-10 ft from the surface. Using those elevations the fastest speed possible was 19mph.

You do know ripple effects in water from wind an be measured right?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

how is the movement of the plane creating the illusion , when the camera is panning in tandem with the object .. you ever used a dolly and tripod before
?

the time the object was by the water was not the best time to estimate its speed I think , there are points in the video that are far more suitable , especially when its speed over land appears to exceed 20 mph

I do some flashy graphics or video , but I really cannot be arsed

funbox

edit on 14-8-2015 by funbox because: www

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
About 80mph, flew low to the ground. Hard to tell what it is from the video, but my guess would be a helicopter.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I have figured it out! Its Atari E.T. Compare the two links!

love4games.org...

3.bp.blogspot.com... ael%2BHernandez%2BAirport%252C%2BAguadilla%252C%2BPuerto%2BRico%2B8-11-15.png

edit on 14-8-2015 by eldustman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin96
About 80mph, flew low to the ground. Hard to tell what it is from the video, but my guess would be a helicopter.

That's waht I thought, a heliciopter that comes out of the water and lands on the water and doesn't have rotary blades, other than that, ya helicopter.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

Your screen grab does not prove they are balloons. Why are they warmer than the ambient temperature? If they were warmer, and are balloons, they would be rising, not falling. If they were balloons, they look full to me, so they should not be descending. IF they are balloons, what reason would there be for a DHS plane to be sent off to record them? If they are balloons how do you explain the flight pattern? If they were balloons, I'm pretty sure 6 people with higher degrees in science would know whether they were balloons or not. So yes, they are balloons which explains why a Fed Ex flight was delayed over a small grouping of balloons. Know what happens to balloons vs. Jet plane? Ballons either float on or they are sucked in and are shredded. No damage ever has been reported on a plane as cause of balloon, so let's just delay a flight in case it may happen this time. Right?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
It's little more than a black dot, unfortunately. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe all UFOs are natural phenomena or terrestrial craft.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join