It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Video Captured By Homeland Security Analyzed

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ectoplasm8

originally posted by: iDope
When a 160+ page report by scientists go into every detail imaginable and cannot conclude what it is, noone on this thread will either.

Yeah, quite the unbiased clear-minded group of scientists. Investigated by a group that call themselves the Scientific Coalition of UFOlogy. Can't go wrong there.
The video is first given to Daina Chaviano who happens to be a field investigator for MUFON in Florida. She then contacts Morgan Beall who is the lead investigator of the MUFON chapter for Florida. Then Robert Powell was along to help author the paper and has been the director of research for MUFON since 2007. Hmmmm... is there a running theme here?

Every time you mention "scientists", inferring it's a group unbiased investigators, either lead or follow it with "many affiliated with MUFON." I think it's important for clarity.

Who would you give it to? No government organization would cover it clearly and report their findings to the citizens unbiasedly. No other organization would touch it without risking their own credibility, and for what reason? Oh that's right, nothing exists unless it is from this planet, and that is science saying that, and also religion, lose-lose.

Actually show a scientist that is unbiased in every way. Show me an evolutionary scientist that is unbiased towards creationism. All you will find are empty answers consiting of "I don't Knows." This panel of "researchers" exhausted 160 pages of detailed reports consisting of radar, mapping, photo analysis, video analysis, mathematical odels to determine speed and altitude and size, and yet you disprove them how? A few sentences saying that they are wrong when you prove their research wrong? No, you just conclude they are wrong, just like all other sciences were wrong until they were proven right after many years of skepticism of facts, neglect of being further studied, exhilation of scientists willing to study, indoctrination of youth to believed principles and imprisonment to those that were improperly indocterned. So which side of the road do you fall in that makes your briches nice and wet?
edit on 14-8-2015 by iDope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin96
Weird huh? Still, it wasn't all that fast. And it flew in almost a straight line, which THEIRS never do . My guess would be a terrestrial aircraft of some type. a reply to: fockewulf190

Wasn't all that fast? as compared to what? A bird? A balloon? a Jet? Me flicking a booger? Report says median speed of 80 mph, and judging by the distance of the plane/camera to the object, that seems legit. So what terrestrial object is that small, originates from the ocean and then goes back into it? According to the original report. There is no video of it coming out of the water but that is what is claimed by witnesses.

Looking at the radar of how the object moved, in no way did it move in a straight line. Here is the flight pattern of the object in under 3 minutes. The line is in Dark Blue. There are points it disappeared and reappeared due to it's altitude, but here is the image.

edit on 14-8-2015 by iDope because: spell check

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Around the 1:10 mark you can see what looks to me like something travelling at sonic speed, you can see the pressure of air flow around the object at that point. It also seems to be wobbling as it travels rather then a clean travelling line, as a drone should achieve straight lines. Its like a raisin type shape.

This is very interesting considering it was filmed by government body. It seemed like the person who operated that camera was just as intrigued as we are.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Has anyone in this thread actually read the report?

I'm amazed that folks here can in watching a clip perhaps 2 times (some once.. some not even finishing it).. can come up to conclusive results on what the object actually was. 6 folks with plenty of scientific history spending 1000 man hours, debunked by 7 minutes of watching a video. Amazing!

They're all experts here, didn't ya know?

They work in tandem, you'll soon notice them.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ectoplasm8
This is ridiculous. First off, the "object" isn't going underwater. Watch the sequence between 1:41 and 1:45 before it's even near the water. This is a screen shot from that sequence reading right to left:

In frames 1 and 2 the object is clearly visible. In frames 3, 4, 5 and 6 it goes behind a cloud. In frame 7 it's clearly visible again as it emerges from the cloud. You see the same thing between 1:49 and 1:57. IR can't see completely through dense cold clouds and will only give a small heat signature of the object, as it does in the video.

The only time it touches water is at 2:34 when after losing altitude, the bottom strikes a wave and it splits apart.

You're not alone gortex. As I said over a year ago with this video.... Ballooooooooons:

As I have said before balloons do not act this way, and are not going to be hotter that the surrounding temperature. As Helium gets warmer it expands, meaning these balloons would be larger and would float higher, which is obviously not seen here. If you have ever seen a bunch of balloons released during the summer you will know what I mean, they just keep rising and rising and rising until it is too cold or there is little pressure surrounding them and they pop. How many objects in the video have a larger heat signature than the so called balloons? Why are they on radar as originating from the water and then travelling in a hexagonal like circle and returning to the water?

Helium rises, hydrogen rises, so what is in these balloons and what is propelling them besides wind? If it is reported that the wind was between 8-14mph during this time, why would it move so fast, why would a DHS plane even care about a group of 4-6 balloons? Why would this even be a subject worth talking about? Because it is not ballons bafoon! I have seen millions of balloons released in my lifetime and no balloons act like this.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: sprockets2000
This reminds me of the UFO they said could be "trash" in Denver. Trash HAHAHA

www.youtube.com...

Perhaps there is debris being raised up by the atmospheric winds? LOL. Yet he states that its flying too fast to be a bird or a plane? Hmmm. Superman or walmart sack in a triple sharknado? Noone will ever know.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Is there a better quality video of this anywhere? Hard to tell anything conclusive at 480p Youtube resolution video.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

They're all experts here, didn't ya know?
They work in tandem, you'll soon notice them.

Because anyone who doesn't buy the unexplained object narrative is a shill , that's a given here , right ?

I've read enough to understand that this is essentially a MUFON report , the authors of the report are not exactly dispassionate scientists.

Richard Hoffman , State Director for Mississippi and Alabama.
www.mufon.com...

Carl Paulson , Florida MUFON Field Investigator.
www.floridamufon.org...#!UFOS-BEING-FIRED-UPON/c2128/21937410-0E30-483C-BBA6-B0573842355F

Larry Cates ,Science review board analyst MUFON.
Aricle by Mr Cates pages 16-17

Morgan Beall , Florida State Director.
www.mufon.com...

Robert Powell , Director of Research MUFON.
www.mufon.com...

Daina Chaviano , MUFON Volenteer , Author of fantasy and science fiction.
en.wikipedia.org...

Before the hit job claims start this is public record and relevant , if you believe in MUFON then the report is good enough for you , if you don't trust MUFON then it's just another reason to doubt the reports findings , either way I'm done here , let the show continue.

Edit
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

Just seen your post , I think we're on the same wavelength.

edit on 14-8-2015 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
*funbox watches Gortex float away on a cloud *??*

funbox

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
You're right, I could never comprehend it. I only have two scientific degrees and that fake report requires at least 3 to be able to understand...

a reply to: fleabit

edit on 14-8-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Let's not forget the video was provided by Jose Martinez and that originally he claimed he got it from someone on a Blackhawks helicopter...

He claimed a contact in the PR military confirmed it was an DHS helicopter...

The original story was torn apart, so now they've changed it because they know what type of plane it actually came from.

That alone should tell these people it's a hoax.

a reply to: gortex

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Because anyone who doesn't buy the unexplained object narrative is a shill , that's a given here , right ?

You know, being skeptic to claims of extraterrestial craft or just unidentified flying/submerged objects is one thing, spending thousands of hours on a web site systematically coming up with explanations that always lead to the same conclusion is another.

I've read enough to understand that this is essentially a MUFON report , the authors of the report are not exactly dispassionate scientists.

At least they do have credentials. Do you?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Instead of attacking the credentials or reputation of those doing the research, how about attacking their research instead. While government agencies or scientists might be researching this sort of thing, we'll never hear about it, nor the results. Would you have been more pleased if a group of mechanics from Detroit had done the research? At least someone is taking the effort to research it, and a lot more effectively than the YouTube researchers we have on this board.

For example.. they calculated the speed of the object. If their #s are correct, then there is no way this thing is a balloon, and should end the balloon comments. But instead of taking the time to dissect their report and how they came up with the calculations for the speed, people ignore it.. insult the researchers, and dismiss the sighting with a balloon analysis within minutes of watching the video one time.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Heliocentric

You know, being skeptic to claims of extraterrestial craft or just unidentified flying/submerged objects is one thing, spending thousands of hours on a web site systematically coming up with explanations that always lead to the same conclusion is another.

I come up with explanations for sightings because I can be bothered to look behind the headlines .... can you ?
If by some miracle the explanation of Aliens comes up then thank God , I've been looking long enough.

At least they do have credentials. Do you?

My government handlers won't allow me to release that information

Instead of attacking the credentials or reputation of those doing the research, how about attacking their research instead.

Who has attacked the credentials or reputation of the authors of the report ?
I disagree with their findings and they are all members of MUFON , I have not attacked them or their research.

edit on 14-8-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

My government handlers won't allow me to release that information

I hope you didn't get the impression I insinuated you were on a government payroll for doing what you're doing, because that would be a huge waste of tax payers' money IMO.
edit on 14-8-2015 by Heliocentric because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

They didn't calculate the speed of the object. As pointed out they have no way of knowing the exact positions of the object because they don't know where it was in relation to the ground. THEY GUESSED. The only place you can actually estimate the speed is when it is directly over the water and the camera zooms.

If you read the original thread you will see a guy at a science blog use the ripples in the water and the speed of the wind to determine how fast the object was moving, and he determined it had a maximum speed of 19MPH.

So who is right? The scientist who said it was going 19MPH, or the group of UFO Fiction Authors (LITERALLY, THIS GROUP WAS FORMED BY A SCI-FI FANTASY AUTHOR) who went into their "report" with preconceived notions?

Not only that, several of the contributors to the report have been caught red handed embroiled in Hoaxes, yet you want to believe that THIS time they are being completely objective??!!!??!!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Well I HAVE attacked their research. It is shoddy at best and a complete fabrication at worst.

Yes, their math is right if you use their ASSUMPTIONS they make, however their assumptions are COMPLETELY WRONG.

1) The object is never travelling at high speeds
2) The object never enters the water

With those two observations alone, as can be determined by the Video without even having to read the report, you should understand that this is just a group of people looking for web clicks.

I want proof just as bad as everyone else, but:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I want proof just as bad as everyone else, but:

the proof is there , its speed can be calculated from the known forest that it crosses, also some of the fields. maybe even that bit where the land meets sea.. all known distances..

you have the tools to prove its speed

funbox

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

my apologies Gortex , I couldn't hear your post from down here , it appears you've been driven way up high by a sustained gust of wind , that lasted for around 5 mins

waybelowBox

edit on 14-8-2015 by funbox because: phileas fogginwolf

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox

my apologies Gortex , I couldn't hear your post from down here , it appears you've been driven way up high by a sustained gust of wind , that lasted for around 5 mins

waybelowBox

The cloud, you know THAT cloud? The one that is opaque and hides balloons but is transparent to waves? Well that is obviously the source of the wind...I think.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join