It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Video Captured By Homeland Security Analyzed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
That object went from UFO to USO pretty quick.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

The speed of the aircraft isn't in the video. You are confusing the Degrees of the Camera and Plane ranging from 0-359 with the air speed.

The team was put together by Daina Chaviano, and she is listed under the acknowledgements of the report which is a whose who of "what hoax was I involved in?"

One person estimated it was going 19MPH based on it's speed over the water assuming an altitude of between zero and ten feet. (Something to do with the wind speeds of that day and the ripples on the water)

If you try to inaccurately measure the speed of the object based on the movement of the plane and where you THINK the object is you will get higher speeds. The only time you can accurately attempt to measure the speed is when it is directly over the water.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

It never submerges...

Why do so many people think it submerges?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

It never submerges...

Then does it have a cloaking device? Because it clearly vanishes once it gets at/near that body of water.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

When does it vanish?? I can see the object the entire time. It is rotating but you can still see it on camera.

The object is being monitored to make sure it doesn't interfere with flights.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Watch the video at 1.50 , the object clearly rotates which is when it becomes difficult for the camera to see , it never vanishes nor does it go in the water.

It's a balloon.

edit on 13-8-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm talking about late in the video. Around 2:55. I do not see it from that point on. Is that not a body of water there where it vanishes? Hell, even the camera acts like its lost view of whatever that is at that point.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

The camera can't see it well but it is still there , the example I pointed to shows that when one side of the balloon is facing the camera it becomes hard to see.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It never submerges...

Perhaps because in the bottom middle of the screen, you can see the height of the object being tracked. You can see it at 200 ft, 100 ft, etc. The moment it hits the water and disappears.. that changes to 0 feet. i.e. it is on the ground. or in this case, under water, since it is still moving.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Yes, 2:55 is when it finally hits the water and is no longer an issue for the airport. That is why the monitoring plane goes on about its business.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Oh, I see your confusion...that is NOT the altitude of the object.

Edit: At 1:23ish of the video it goes behind a tree, and that display reads 197 ft, and even the hoax report says it is around 40 ft at that point.
edit on 13-8-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The video is a very interesting one, but the report is much more so.

Although there are lots of comments basically nullifying what is, in essence, a report that seems to have taken all of the questions raised in this thread: plane circling causing inaccurate speed measurements, balloons and submersion of object into account, I see nobody who is questioning these points has actually addressed these points to the same degree the report has.

The implication here is pretty clear.

Thanks for the links OP.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

You are correct, that is the altitude to the background, not the object. However, the object enters the water at that point, so that is essentially the height of the object at that time.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

The object only appears to enter the water at 2:55 and does not come back out. It finally "crashed" at that point and was no longer of concern to the airport.

I never see the object enter the water before then.

Edit: For example, watch 1:59-2:10. The object is simply rotating, but you can still see the "blur" of the object against the water, and the camera operator can as well as they still keep it perfectly centered.
edit on 13-8-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

What makes you so certain that it "crashed" and didn't enter the water on purpose?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Because balloons aren't sentient.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

That's assuming its a balloon.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The prevailing wind speeds preclude a balloon as does the analysis on line of site in the report pp. 153-158 which also takes into account the relative motion of object against known background objects.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
No, the wrong assumptions in that report preclude it. Hoaxers be hoaxin.

a reply to: Jonjonj

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Hoax is a very, very strong word to use.
If you have proof, not just an opinion, of a hoax, you should definitely share that information. It is very important that all hoaxes be exposed as the sham they are.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join