It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Video Captured By Homeland Security Analyzed

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Then that would make the ‘intellectual exercise’ worth the time spent on it, wouldn’t it?

Meanwhile, can anyone account for the increasing compulsion by participants on internet ufo forums to claim absolute solutions to cases that are still being investigated? It's a phenomenon that seems to call for sociological investigation.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Constance

It's a phenomenon that seems to call for sociological investigation.

Or perhaps it's the phenomena that is a sociological investigation.

edit on 5-9-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
There's a new Open Minds article that presents some further discussion,
"Experts chime in on Puerto Rico UFO video" (Forbidden link.)

Marc D’Antonio, MUFON’s photo and video analyst says he thinks the object might be a balloon. One of the main arguments the SCU researchers make that they believe rules this out is the speed the object is moving. However, D’Antonio says they got the speed wrong. He says the object is closer than it looks, and when the object appears to go behind trees and other objects, it is actually a system “anomaly.”

A FLIR thermal imaging expert, Dave (last name anonymous), disagrees about the system anomaly, but says,
"There really is no way to determine the speed of the object in this video, IMHO."

Dave also rejects the bird theory,
"Even if it was gliding the whole way, it then would not be circular in appearance, given the long wingspans of pelicans.”

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I've noticed a few of the ufo sights starting to backtrack on this and start to call out the SCU.

Based on data in the animation thread this appears to be a very slow moving object going from west to east, exactly the direction of the wind.

a reply to: CardDown

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I don't know if this post is for getting data or draw conclusions, but I would like to add a few data values that are often overlooked.

1) We need temperature data by height
2) Thermal parameters for common material used for balloons of any kind.
3) Wind data to get a constraint of the speed if the object is free floating.
4) Camera specs for thermal resolution
5) FOV of the camera
6) a few temperature refernce object (sea temperature should be available and can be a reference)

These data aren't needed at high resolution, but a few keyframes can help address if a balloon can reach such temperatures.

Weather balloons are filled with He or H and have the sensor box suspended many meters below. Both gases are buoyant independent of the temperature and both are stored at high pressure. The resulting gas of the balloon should then be lower than room temperature.
Assuming the balloon was filled before the sunset (or at least partially filled and thus exposed to sunlight) it could have accumulated heat and the gas should have heated aswell depending on the thermal conductivity of the material.

The colors used for weather balloons that I've been able to see are reddish, white, yellow, pale blue and transparent. The only black ones are solar balloons.
Dimensions vary but outside of toys I don't think we go lower than 1m radius, so it would be a problem to match the size, not only the temperature.

Solar balloons may be the only ones that can get very hot, maybe enough to retain a high temperature for so long after sunset, but for an hot air balloon the problem is that it should raise if the temperature is few degrees over the ambient.

Can anyone provide some math to get a ballpark how much the temperature drop should be?
Constraining the possible dimensions of the object could help for a better estimation of it's position given the FOV is fixed and the LOS is known.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I meant the increasingly prevalent phenomenon in internet ufo forums of rushing to declare judgment concerning the causes/nature of anomalous phenomena before investigations are completed.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Here is the link to the new updates to this case presented at Open Minds forum.

www....(nolink)/experts-chime-in-on-puerto-rico-ufo-video/34909

Just google the title and 'Open Minds' to get there. It's well worth reading.

edit on 5-9-2015 by Constance because: to improve the link

edit on 5-9-2015 by Constance because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2015 by Constance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Constance

I meant the increasingly prevalent phenomenon in internet ufo forums of rushing to declare judgment concerning the causes/nature of anomalous phenomena before investigations are completed.

Or perhaps the increasingly prevalent phenomenon of people willing to accept rather than question evidence they're given ?

This video has been knocking around for over a year so judgments made in this thread are likely based on investigation of the original release , the investigation being conducted by ATS Members is I believe far more valuable than the existing biased report given by the SCU and stands as an example of how UFO forums and people with a real interest in the subject can make a difference and add something to the wider discussion.

It looks ever increasingly like the "UFO" was a balloon or balloons as some here were saying , I think the ones who rushed to judgement were those who argued so vehemently against the alternative explanation.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

are you still up there Gortex ?, good job you're made of tough stuff

the only balloons I know of that come in twos or more, are party balloons, my understanding is that weather balloons are usually of a singular nature, do we know of any missing weather balloons and the type of such that went AWOL around that time?

funbox

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: funbox

What we know is we don't know much about the video other than it is DHS footage , we don't know if it was a random incident or perhaps a test of the FLIR .

I think the statement from the Puerto Rico UFO Network posted by CardDown Here raises a valid point.

It is logical to think that whatever it was, It had to have been IMMEDIATELY INTERCEPTED because it was a high risk for the lives and for all the commercial and military equipment.

But suddenly, the plane leaves the persecution and starts to leave the area and fly south, AWAY FROM THE OBJECT.

Don’t you think it’s kind of strange?
It is not logical right?
Unless they found that the object was NOT REALLY IMPORTANT.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
I've noticed a few of the ufo sights starting to backtrack on this and start to call out the SCU.

Based on data in the animation thread this appears to be a very slow moving object going from west to east, exactly the direction of the wind.

a reply to: CardDown

I've seen you state this a couple of times but I think you have your directions mixed up.

Admittedly I have been away on holiday so haven't been following the investigation as closely as I might have but from what I have seen so far it actually appears to be a slow-moving object travelling from East to West, not West to East.

On the night in question, according to the report, the wind was "out of the East" - i.e blowing from the East. So toward the West.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Yes I did mix it up, but in the right way. The object is moving west not east and the wind is moving west. I've said the wind is moving west in a few posts.

a reply to: ComplexCassandra

edit on 6-9-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

the camera operator interest persists to the bitter odd end , if a conclusion was made , why bother with the extreme zoom for a balloon on the water ... do you see this ?

funbox

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

"This video has been knocking around for over a year so judgments made in this thread are likely based on investigation of the original release."

Was there a thread concerning this video earlier than the current one? If so, I'd like to read it. And yes, the investigation Isaac Koi and others are conducting is a very good idea. I don't think anyone has demonstrated bias on the part of SCU.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
You don't think the SCU demonstrated bias????

The link to the original thread is in this one.

a reply to: Constance

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Constance
Was there a thread concerning this video earlier than the current one? If so, I'd like to read it.

Hi Constance,

Links to previous discussions (including on ATS) are included in a page on the PRRR website:
prrr.isaackoi.com...

For ease of reference, that page includes the following:

Discussion on various UFO forums have included the following:

(A) Discussion on ATS in 2014 (7 long pages of posts):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(B) Discussion on ATS following release of SCUFOR report in 2015:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(C) Discussion on the forums of The Paracast in 2014 (brief):

www.theparacast.com...

(E) Discussion on the forums of The Paracast in 2015:

www.theparacast.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Thanks very much for those links, Isaac.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi
Isaackoi and all who have contributed big and small to this thread/investigation/data gathering compiling etc. I commend all of you for you efforts. Even if this process does not reap the expected rewards (I certainly hope it does). I am not alone in recognizing this "experiment" as a tool to utilize in future (or past) investigations which strive for hard data analysis.
Slante to all of you!

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The Aguadilla UAP in eight 3D formats - for VR-HMD, 3Dtv's and coloured glasses (anaglyph) SBS, TAB

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join