It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inspirational... kind of...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
So i was taking a shower
and as i was taking this shower i notice a spider

Now of course spiders find climbing sheer surfaces simple and easy, its life for them right?

But this spider had the odds stacked against it... Ceramic wall tiles... soaked by the shower...

and im sitting there watching it... as it climbed... and fell... and climbed again... after a while i lost track... and im wondering myself...

"You little #er... what business does an insignificant little creature like you have, being this persistent... i could crush you and be done with it... or you might just fall far enough to be swept away by the running water."

But watching reminded me of something.

We all face that struggle in life, just like this spider

To fight against stacked odds, knowing that at any moment our life can be snuffed out like a candle by some outside force. Or worse yet, we could fall short and get swept away by the ebbing tide of life.

I dont know if i was sympathetic or if i was just amazed by the sheer size of the spider's balls... but i gave it a lift to the top of the shower where it was dry...

and that #er kept climbing... and i was like... "You little bitch...."

It wasn't content with just being alive
It wanted to keep going....

You used me you little #er

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
As far as i know spiders dont have balls as such, what you saw was egg sack, soon you will have 100s of little spiders coming to see you at night wile you sleep. It is true "no good deed goes unpunished"

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Elysian

You made me laugh today, and I am having a very bad day. So a S&F for you.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Spiders suck! # 'em!

Edit - (Same to the dentists and the Jews.)

(wink)
edit on 12-8-2015 by highfromphoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
just sitting in the garden watching the various bugs and small creatures do their thing is most soothing and inspirational like you said.

I get a lot of wildlife in my garden. Sometimes i pop out to water the vegetables or prune the plants, something that should take an hour at most. But I get lost in the nature, an hour sometimes into 3 without me realising it.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Elysian

LOL this made me laugh, love the post, and hate spiders too, i'd have crushed it! but you lay there pondering life? honestly I've felt like crap all day but this perked me up.

Thanks whoever you are!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Poor little spider. Such an amazing little creature being capable of the things they do, is awe inspiring to me.

I would never kill a spider, unless it was absolutely necessary. What gives me the right ?

In fact, every summer, i always have 1 or two spiders doing their thing. Usually in opposite ends of my flat. And bingo! No flies and no mosquitoes. All 100% organic

They die off naturally in the end, and it never ends with 100 million little spider-babies lurking at you at night! That's just scare-tactics lol

Save the spiders!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

They have ran at me in the past, and I am terrified of them! but seriously, they ran at me like a friggin spartan warrior out for blood!

They are scary!

top topics

join