It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 reported dead, 300 injured, after blast rocks busy Chinese port

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Don't you mean 3 kilo tons?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Police say at least 7 people dead now. According to Associated Press

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
this video was shot by...wan bek-kah-bu-mo

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Wow, that was one hell of an explosion, 2 of them I think...wow.

One of the recordings shows it closer, thats crazy!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The Editor of the BBC's Chinese Service, Raymond Li, says all indications are that it is an industrial accident. The first explosion was followed by another 30 seconds later. An official Chinese seismic agency said the force of the first explosion was equivalent to three tons of TNT, the second was 21 tons.

BBC
www.bbc.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: PickledOnion

twitteratis are saying tons and not kilo tons bit it does look like Kilo tons

Some reports say that 1st explosion was the equivalent of 3 tons of TNT while the 2nd was about 21 tons of TNT. Explosion was located at Tianjin Rui Hai International Logistics, storage facility.
edit on 12-8-2015 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

That 3rd clip is very scary. Suprised the person isn't dead with a brick wall coming towards him at that speed.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
the UK report said it happened at a petro depot....I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often.

Just found this. , fire reported before the blast:

The Tianjin fire department got a call at 10:50 p.m. regarding a fire in stacked hazardous chemicals in the Rui Hai International Logistics facility, the Ministry of Public Security’s fire section said on its Weibo microblog account. The explosion happened at about 11:30 p.m. local time.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
a reply to: Darkblade71

That 3rd clip is very scary. Suprised the person isn't dead with a brick wall coming towards him at that speed.

I liken it to people who have never seen a tornado and are just so in awe that it's happening they're frozen in time.

It'll be interesting to hear what everyone says about this. Honestly, I'm surprised the fine minds of some members here haven't shouted their conspiracy theories about it yet. My best bet is that this was likely a case of a chain reaction with petrol reservoirs. I doubt it's related to fireworks at all, there could be plenty of electrical or long-burning surfaces in that port that'd cause those effects.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

There are a couple of CEOs and possibly a dock master who will be facing very high profile trials followed be equally high profile executions. With the Chinese stock market's current volatility this came at a very bad time.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Marid Audran

I think if there's any trial, it's going to be over safety precautions. Based on the early reports of fire before the explosions, I'd venture a guess that some sort of safety protocol must have been breached or not followed appropriately. You can't have a port that houses petrol and hazardous materials and not have safety checks in place. The sad thing about this though, is that due to the absolute mass of the explosion, we may never know for sure what caused the fire.

I think at this point though the safe assumption is that the fire triggered the explosion.

But I do agree, this is at a really bad time for China, and makes the third big blow to them this month.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This is definitly subkilo ton yield

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGozerian

geez....I wonder how many were killed?....I guess they are still going through the rubble to find out....this is sad no matter where it happens

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

The confirmed number as I saw it on CNN as of now is 7, with close to 300 injured and an unknown number missing. Based on the size of the explosion, I think that 7 number is rather incredible.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marid Audran

There are a couple of CEOs and possibly a dock master who will be facing very high profile trials followed be equally high profile executions. With the Chinese stock market's current volatility this came at a very bad time.

I don't think the dock master will be available stand trial after that explosion.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

One was definitely a Chemical/LPG/Gas BLEVE (Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapor Explosion)..... should'nt get close to one of those. Its simply a Civilian Equiv of a FAE Bomb, a miniaturised Nuke in its effect of 'Blast'.

edit on 12-8-2015 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

I ha just finished 'Poker' game on facebook when I felt the need to go see skynews website... i had a feeling something had happened somewhere in the World and wow what a blast that was... looked like an A bomb had just landed..

vid is on link:

news.sky.com...
edit on CDTWed, 12 Aug 2015 16:21:20 -05000000003104x120x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Oh my God! It's a shame for the people that live there, that is terrible.

edit on 12-8-2015 by saudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The biggest disasters so far in my life time were Earthquakes followed by Tsunamis.

This should be in the top 3 if it is as bad as it sounds. That's just a Massive explosion indeed.

lot of innocent people affected though

edit on 12-8-2015 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Nvm
edit on 12-8-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join