It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 reported dead, 300 injured, after blast rocks busy Chinese port

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix
I do wish there was a god.

If there is a God then he/she/it is too busy giving kids cancer.

The only thing that can help in events such as these is Humanity expressing compassion for strangers. Humans do more good for each other than any imagined God has ever done.

link   

originally posted by: TheWiseDwarf
300 injured so far according to Associated Press.

I would be very surprised if there were no deaths involved here.
Huge explosion in a densely populated area.

link   
Odins beard! that is a huuuge explosion.

lets not hope there were some "black ops" skirmish who caused the explosion. Although i find it quite convenient that explosion were in a industrial area with chemical and such. Normally when it comes to chemically or ingredients of explosive nature who are in a industrial area do have a high security and high safety protocols. So only way to cause it, must be a human error.

My thoughts are to those unfortunate victims in this explosions.

Still i do hope it was a accident but my gut tells me different.

-V-

link   
Damn, that's a big explosion! Some reports & Weibo (sp?) quotes are saying this is in an area that handles highly volatile & flammable materials. It would make sense that if one thing caught fire, others would run an extremely high risk of also catching. Yikes, that's got to be a huge mess.

a reply to: Rocker2013

Not sure anyone suggested nuclear. (maybe.)

Just saying the video doesn't lie.

Yeah, video doesn't lie. It looks like the many refinery & plant explosions the US has had before, just on a much bigger scale. Which is more than likely a similar root cause, considering this in CHINA where regulations are lax as hell because Hi! My name is corruption, pay me & we'll let this regulation slide. You'd think people would be a bit more logical first instead of jumping on the "eetz a bomb!" knee-jerk conclusion. At that point, it's not even CT angling any more, it's just being an idiot.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
That's an industrial accident. In the video you could see a fire and then some small primary explosions. Then there was a large secondary followed by an even larger explosion. I'll make an educated guess and say a chemical plant. Some of the smaller explosions could be small tanks and the two larger explosions could be a Hydrogen tank or maybe some LNG.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Viperion
Still i do hope it was a accident but my gut tells me different.

Is it your gut, or just your desire for another paranoia-fueled conspiracy?
There is absolutely nothing about this which gives anyone reason to think this is anything but an industrial accident, a massive one, but an accident nonetheless.

Maybe there'll be evidence found to support a suggestion that something could have been deliberate, but as there's absolutely nothing to suggest that in the couple of hours since this happened it's completely illogical to believe anything else.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
According to the BBC Chinese state media are reporting that it was a shipment of explosives

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hmm the words made in China and gas pipefittings come to mind. I hope those injured recover.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
According to the BBC Chinese state media are reporting that it was a shipment of explosives

Of course and they would never lie.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I have no desire for paranoia conspiracy or end of the world scenarios.
Still you may be right, that its all a just a accident. However when i sense my "gut feeling" i get, there is more at play.

Well i do hope i'm wrong.
Anyway we get to know more in couple days later.

-V-

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheWiseDwarf
300 injured so far according to Associated Press.

It will be more than that before the tragedy ends.

Too bad.

I do wish there was a god.

Unfortunately it has been said that god helps those who help themselves so that kind of points to no real god, just motivational speak from so long ago.

In any case, I fell for those who were unable to avoid this disastrous event.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

China Earthquake Network Center:2 explosions happened within 30 seconds. One magnitude 2.3 ML, one 2.9 ML. pic.twitter.com/GlVhJQcE1Z

Some say the explosion was detected from space and even Earthquake monitering stations picked it up..its huge...
edit on 12-8-2015 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2015 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
There were indications that the Chinese economy was exploding , never knew it would hit them that hard...
Hope nobody got hurt though. .
edit on 0b11America/ChicagoWed, 12 Aug 2015 14:47:11 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 12 Aug 2015 14:47:11 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The #Tianjin blast registered as a 2.9 mag. quake, equivalent to 3 tons of TNT.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
There is currently CCTV footage doing the rounds showing a man being blown away and surely killed by the explosion. Just awful.

Oh what a surprise, all the doomsday mongers are claiming there is something more to it. Get a grip, accidents happen.

edit on 12-8-2015 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Hospital has received 300-400 injuries. 2 fire fighter lost contact, 6 injured. 38 fire engines on scene.

Damn

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty

Looks like it was a shipment of explosives. www.scmp.com...
edit on 12-8-2015 by TheGozerian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
More than likely an accident, but it would be nice to know the company that had the accident, it's shares before and after the accident and the insurance policies involved. When it comes to China, it will be scrutinised beyond and accident because of china's current predicament. I pray to science it was an accident. I hope someone on ATS digs a bit deeper into financial accounts in the coming days to see if anything was gained from this terrible incident.

Just for the record not a conspirasist nor an idiot..its just similar things have happened in the past.
edit on 12-8-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is what seems to be a compilation, there must have been a huge blast that second time. Pity the people caught up in it.

More reports say that seven people have died, and many injured. Also the second blast in another holding, (a petrochemical plant) seems to have been triggered by the first in an explosives containment area...it seems inconceivable that the two should be anywhere near each other, but if it is true???
edit on 12-8-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
An BBC reporter has said that the local Fire Department were originally fighting a blaze on an pile of industrial explosives before the explosions.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join