It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My God Is Greater Than Yours

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaula reply to: veteranhumanbeing

Aloysius the Gaul: So god is a figment of our imagination??

I am certainly willing to imagine a god - perhaps my imagination isn't powerful enough??

vhb: You have no idea the power you have (imagination) that creates outstanding outcomes [good and evil].

Aloysius: I think I have as good an idea as anyone - and anyway - that doesn't answer my question - are you saying god(s) is(are) a figment of our imagination - 'cos it looked like you are saying that to me??

Figment? NO SUCH THING. An idea is created with pure intent otherwise it cannot form itself (manifest).

vhb: That would NOT be an unreasonable teaching tool; hum wonder why D&D came to be created in the first place. Hints and clues abound (we just don't see them for what they are; signposts).

Aloysius: signposts to what? the history of D&D is pretty well known, Gary Gygax made no secret of it.....so signposts to what??

Not one as diabolical as Zuckermans "Facebook". Gygax was creating an alternate virtual world experience to be shared as compatriots engaged in FUN as opposed to the other "system" information gathering vehicle pretending to be your friend and helpmate to cause you to become an even more social person (connect with friends and all while taking all of your information and selling it to others).

Aloysius: Since only the 4 of them "believed" in it it wasn't very powerful - all it could do was deliver a good roast dinner once a day......but conversely it was always available since no-one else used any of its time!!

vhb:What is wrong with that; nothing. Four came together and fed themselves; a plus positive. What was always available that time used could possibly be wasted?

Aloysius: I didn't say anything was wrong with it - I was saying what your idea that god(s) is/are a figment of our imagination reminded me of - duh!!

So far; all is good within the universe. No figments allowed.
edit on 16-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Who are you to "ban" figments?

You certainly have no power to stop me having them, nor does whatever god you think you have dreamed up.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
Who are you to "ban" figments?

You certainly have no power to stop me having them, nor does whatever god you think you have dreamed up.

Until I start fining; then billing you for every violation.
Right back to the OP's premise: *my god is greater than yours*.
edit on 16-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

fine away, bill away.....see how that goes

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Are you guys saying that Dungeons and Dragons are an example of an alternate reality because it is a role-playing game? See, here's the thing, you don't have to even play the game in the first place, therefore you wouldn't be a character of anything.

However, in the reality of reality, you are a person on the internet who makes a username that is a type of role play, but only so long as you sit in front of the computer on a particular forum. The reality of the reality is that you are a person that lives and moves and breathes and sleeps, that you have feelings and emotions that can never be expressed in a role playing character because emotions are not built into the cards.

Lay your cards down, look around you, you are real. You don't get more skills because you kill another player or make a new spell or drink the potion. You are real, not a figment of someone else's imagination, because if you were, those with greater skills could kill you and it be no problem according to the rules of the game.

I think that you might understand it better if I were to say this, you have said God must be a figment of imagination because the individual role player perceives the role play character as real, not the player as real. If the individual is real, then the individual came from a reality also.

D&D isn't real, it's merely a game that not everyone has played and it came in a box and it came with cards. Yes, those are real, but they were made by a real individual in a real world.

edit on 8/17/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

Christianity isn't real, it's merely a delusion that not everyone has and it came in a book. Yes, those are real, but they were made by a real individual in a real world.

Fixed for you.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Ats all akin to "Yeah well my Dads bigger than your dad".

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Christianity isn't real, it's merely a delusion that not everyone has and it came in a book. Yes, those are real, but they were made by a real individual in a real world.

Fixed for you.

Lol This made me laugh. In a good way, like belly laughing. I thoroughly enjoyed that. Sometimes i insert the Spaghetti Monster instead of god to make a point.
But seriously, a christian is a person who desires to be like christ - not super terrible all in all because the fictional character seemed like a good guy.
But still based on the teachings of a fictional character written by man, with hell thrown in there to torment if you disagree.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Are you guys saying that Dungeons and Dragons are an example of an alternate reality because it is a role-playing game?

No.

See, here's the thing, you don't have to even play the game in the first place, therefore you wouldn't be a character of anything.

I played it a lot - what are you talking about??

D&D isn't real, it's merely a game that not everyone has played and it came in a box and it came with cards. Yes, those are real, but they were made by a real individual in a real world.

well yes..10/10 for stating the bleeding obvious........

Here's a thought - sometimes people post stuff on here that is just some no-particularly-religious-experience-that-something-reminds-them of.

not everything is about alternative universes - not even in this forum!!

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join