It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My God Is Greater Than Yours

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

My God created free will too, he doesn't choose for us either. I have investigated his nature and i have found it to be that of existence itself, that of light AND darkness, the Alpha AND Omega.
edit on 8/14/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Thanks for the compliment Les, I pay attention to all forms of information including that of science. What does science say? That when we are not looking at something it does not act as we KNOW it should, meaning we as observers have an affect on all of creation.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

My God created the free will that resulted in evil. He didnt choose for us. In your model, ALL is god, so ALL made the choice for us.
To assume that ALL is god is to dismissed your personal responsibility to investigate God's true nature.

Evil wasn't a "result" it was as an IDEA intended to balance out Good (place a fulcrum point and both on each side of the teeder todder) then stretch the idea forms of both to reach a greater conclusion or understanding of what they are and how they function as game changers [can good and evil reach a conclusion] or does polarity have to finally always rule? Within this system (a stalemate) there is no growth and this potential outcome is worse than dismal.
edit on 14-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Prezbo369

The title of my thread is a jab at what religious people usually think, I guess it didn't come off that way, sorry.

Well the process that lead me to this conclusion want quite as simple as you seem to think. If you take a look at my post and thread history you'll see I've gone through quite a few changes in my theology over the past couple of years. My conclusion want some spur of the moment type thing I assure you. Just because it is simple does not make it lazy, usually truth is the simplest answer, Occam's Razor.

The simplest answer would be that there is no god, introducing such a creature (that's everything) just complicates everything....
edit on 15-8-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
Everything you experience from your unique perspective (including your own being) if not lost in the tiresome miasma of having to be; is of Gods idea: It created Itself with the human as its bully pulpit/puppet or animation. Do you have a problem with this?

Do I have a problem with your idea that all human (and animal?) life are mere puppets for an alien god/creature?

No not at all.....it sounds swell.....

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

It doesn't change anything. I'm just pointing out that the universe is what religion refers to as God. Call it what you want, it doesn't change the nature of it one bit.

It seems like to me you just have a problem with the word God, you automatically associate it with a religious one so you immediately disregard anyone who uses the word in spite of what they consider God to be. You assume they mean a "sky daddy" so you refuse to even consider the possibility solely based on a word. That's close minded and shows just how far religion has its grasp on people, whether they are believers or not.
edit on 8/15/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

It doesn't change anything. I'm just pointing out that the universe is what religion refers to as God. Call it what you want, it doesn't change the nature of it one bit.

It seems like to me you just have a problem with the word God, you automatically associate it with a religious one so you immediately disregard anyone who uses the word in spite of what they consider God to be. You assume they mean a "sky daddy" so you refuse to even consider the possibility solely based on a word. That's close minded and shows just how far religion has its grasp on people, whether they are believers or not.

So does religion refer to god as the universe or as a 'sky daddy'?

I've mentioned your theology, not your personal religion.

You've put words in my mouth in order to accuse me of being closed minded......seems you have a lot in common with members of certain other theologies...

And you've been unable to demonstrate how your theology isn't a lazy one-answer-fits-all theology. Just saying it isn't doesn't cut the mustard.

edit on 15-8-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Religion calls God a sky daddy but when you read the books in a certain light it becomes clear what the metaphors in said books are referencing, and that is what we are experiencing right now, life itself. We are the universe (what I am calling God) experiencing itself.

I have no religion, I have spirituality.

If I have put words in your mouth then I'll put it another way. Do you believe in the universe? If so, you believe in my God. Where the schism lies is in the word I use to refer to the universe, God. If I simply said that I believed in the universe you would have no issue with that I assume, but since I refer to it as God you take issue with it. You have a religious opinion on what God should be. What religion says about God being a sky daddy is wrong.

As far as my theology being lazy, I assume you believe the truth has to be complicated in order for it to be truth? That's the vibe I'm getting with you calling my theology lazy.
edit on 8/15/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

So does religion refer to god as the universe or as a 'sky daddy'?

I've mentioned your theology, not your personal religion.

You've put words in my mouth in order to accuse me of being closed minded......seems you have a lot in common with members of certain other theologies...
And you've been unable to demonstrate how your theology isn't a lazy one-answer-fits-all theology. Just saying it isn't doesn't cut the mustard.

Some do not own a belief system as this would be "Dogmatic" and given by one to another as 'a rote and play by these rules'; the major religions subscribe to these compartmental doctrines dividing people. Some are 'spiritual' (not in belief) but in KNOWING the truths of their existence and unique relationship to a creator that formed them.
edit on 15-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

(post by JDmOKI removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Actually every god is greater than mine, because I don't have one.

provided your god actually exists of course......

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

The universe is such a beautiful and awesome place isn't it? Look at the vastness of space and the beauty that inhabits it. To truly see the beauty of life is to see God because you are God's expression.

We are a way for the universe to know itself. My God most definitely exists, you're proof of it.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

If it is a fact that the existence of everything was designed by someone, then it is difficult to argue your point.
But you cannot say this is fact - at best you can only say that it is a deep held belief of yours.

It is simply nothing more than than philosophy explained through the lens of one perception.

So let's grab another perception...

Does god control the chemical reactions in my brain which gave me my beliefs, or do I want to believe that a god made the chemical reactions possible which then allowed me to form my own conclusions? And that I might have to suffer in my afterlife if those chemical reactions caused my mind to not follow him?

Sometimes you have to explain things in an extreme ways to make a point, so here it is.
Whether or not your god is loving or not, in your definition he is all things. And so the chemical reactions in Hitler's brain was also god, therefore you are unable to say that Hitler wasn't exhibiting god's blessing. You also cannot deem what is a sin because sin is of god. But then your bible goes on to describe what a sin is, and that god detests his own creation.
Hell is of god's creation to put those who do not follow him into it to remove him from his presence for all eternity, but that he gave no way out because he controls free will before you were born and so you were designed by god to go there to be cast aside in the end.

What if I desire to believe that what we see is what we get, and that by following rules of behavior which allow societies to exist, to find a fondness of the natural world that brings the elements to harbor and help life (nutrition, water, shelter, etc) that the ultimate god is nature, and our willingness to have relationships that help rather than kill being the utmost way of life as we know it?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Or I could simply say my god created your god to ad-noseum therefore proving you wrong.
Whichever you prefer.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SachaX

Or I could simply say my god created your god to ad-noseum therefore proving you wrong.
Whichever you prefer.

Sitting back,

popcorn in hand....

Waiting....

Annotations will be provided later.

Anyway, if you would like my response, I would be glad to provide, however I will allow 3nlight3n3d the time to gather thoughts.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SachaX

I guess we'd be proving each other wrong in that case, so it's a lose-lose situation either way.

I know one thing though, the universe created me and everything else within it. Everything in the universe is OF the universe, meaning made by it and from it. Even consciousness is OF the universe, otherwise we would not be experiencing it right now.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
Actually every god is greater than mine, because I don't have one.
provided your god actually exists of course......

This did not come in the Life of Human 'procedure' manual. You actually have to imagine it into existence to fit your notion of either God VS Human, or God as creator of Human or The Human expresses (by contemplating the possibility of God) by its own existence and describes that being. Without the human willing to contemplate God's existence God does not exist. Something has to observe or with imagination (we are famous for) create it. It itself chooses to remain silent.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

So god is a figment of our imagination??

I am certainly willing to imagine a god - perhaps my imagination isn't powerful enough??

I am reminded of friends of mine who played a lot of D&D in a "universe" where if you imagined a god it existed, and its actual power was proportional to the number of people who believed in it.

Since only the 4 of them "believed" in it it wasn't very powerful - all it could do was deliver a good roast dinner once a day......but conversely it was always available since no-one else used any of its time!!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: veteranhumanbeing

Aloysius the Gaul: So god is a figment of our imagination??

I am certainly willing to imagine a god - perhaps my imagination isn't powerful enough??

You have no idea the power you have (imagination) that creates outstanding outcomes [good and evil].

Aloysius: I am reminded of friends of mine who played a lot of D&D in a "universe" where if you imagined a god it existed, and its actual power was proportional to the number of people who believed in it.

That would NOT be an unreasonable teaching tool; hum wonder why D&D came to be created in the first place. Hints and clues abound (we just don't see them for what they are; signposts).

Aloysius: Since only the 4 of them "believed" in it it wasn't very powerful - all it could do was deliver a good roast dinner once a day......but conversely it was always available since no-one else used any of its time!!

There is nothing wrong with that. Four came together and fed themselves; a plus positive. What was always available that time used could possibly be wasted? I may be misunderstanding the "no-one else used of its time". God is all ears but for some reason pretends deafness regards our complaints.

edit on 16-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
a reply to: veteranhumanbeing

Aloysius the Gaul: So god is a figment of our imagination??

You have no idea the power you have (imagination) that creates outstanding outcomes [good and evil].

I think I have as good an idea as anyone - and anyway - that doesn't answer my question - are you saying god(s) is(are) a figment of our imagination - 'cos it looked like you are saying that to me??

Aloysius: I am reminded of friends of mine who played a lot of D&D in a "universe" where if you imagined a god it existed, and its actual power was proportional to the number of people who believed in it.

That would NOT be an unreasonable teaching tool; hum wonder why D&D came to be created in the first place. Hints and clues abound (we just don't see them for what they are; signposts).

signposts to what? the history of D&D is pretty well known, Gary Gygax made no secret of it.....so signposts to what??

Aloysius: Since only the 4 of them "believed" in it it wasn't very powerful - all it could do was deliver a good roast dinner once a day......but conversely it was always available since no-one else used any of its time!!

What is wrong with that; nothing. Four came together and fed themselves; a plus positive. What was always available that time used could possibly be wasted?

I didn't say anything was wrong with it - I was saying what your idea that god(s) is/are a figment of our imagination reminded me of - duh!!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join