It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My God Is Greater Than Yours

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
a reply to: TombEscaper

Great - orgaqnised religion is going to be replaced by organized "understanding" - I am sure that is going to work well!!

Well if all have such a defeatist attitude, I'm quite sure that it won't work out well at all. There is actually not much reason to have hope for a beneficial outcome through all of this, as your mindset exemplifies. That does not change the fact that what awaits is not pleasant.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Your narrow minded approach to God having to be one single logical form which is a ridiculous notion

What is ridiculous and narrow-minded is the extent to which you are willing to avoid my points and mistake them for your own. I never once said a god has to be anything. I'm not sure if you are mistaking me with someone else or what, but this will be the third time you've done so. Ridiculous and narrow-minded.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Just as Christ historically rose on the third day, so now are we entering the "third day" (2,000 years from the time of Christ). If mankind does not awaken to and accept the reality of this, there are dire cosmic consequences to face.

Third day? What dire consequences?

Any clarification as to where you get these ideas?

The dire consequences are becoming more and more apparent in the modern era through what is now referred to as the "abduction" phenomenon. The forces behind this are infiltrating our reality from outside of the bounds of linear time and have infiltrated in different ways, but their agenda and operations have been known about and written about for thousands of years. (The ancient Gnostics referred to them as the "archons.")

you should be writing sci-fi novels!

Well thank you for the compliment, but the greatest "sci-fi" minds could not even come close to contriving what is really happening in the current cosmic situation.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I think you believe in at least one God, mine. You agree that the universe exists and that you exist, so you agree my God exists. The thing is, religion has turned what God truly is into something that doesn't exist in any tangible way. The universe and its inhabitants is what religion refers to as God, only in an obtuse and deceitful manner. It uses doublespeak to make people not see the true source of everything, the universe around us. "Do not love the world or anything in it", yeah, that has turned out great for us so far, we hate it so much that we are complacent about its destruction for profit.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

well there you go then - you could be writing "better" sci fi than anyone else with all that insight...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper

We are human - we label things, it is our nature.

And it sounds to me now like you are doing a bit of cherry picking between christianity and pantheism with "Christ is every man" - at the very least there is nothing I am aware of in christianity that supports that concept.

Well again, you see "cherry picking" because you are seeing things through the prism of pre-defined lables. And yes, of course we must have "labels" to recognize and define things, but again, Truth is Truth

Truth is just a predefined label you have assigned to something nonsensical.

if you are not using labels you are not human.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You said God and nature can't be the same (banana/gold reference) maybe its your standoffish approach and the constant jabs you throw out in your replys. Why are you so upset?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

But wait, doesn't your god create evil?

Isaiah 45
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

I guess you prefer to overlook that little tidbit.

Your God? is OUR God. God in its compassion of "LOVE" beingness allowed [created] EVIL to exist. There will be no dramatic changes to this paradigm unless polarities exist (the negative vs the positive creating the flip energy form Chaos).
edit on 13-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No my God is God and your God because there's only one God.
And you did't create him. He created us, I don't understand
the confusion? Very simple orderly construct and yet people
just can't seem to get it straight in their minds. It's always been
one way, it will always be one way. Doesn't matter what you like
or accept. But I'm really fine with it. I think it's perfect.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

a reply to: Prezbo369

So what you're saying is that all that DOES exist is the same as something that doesn't exist? I'm not following your logic.

God is everything, it doesn't get any simpler than that. God is existence and everything that comes with it.

Everything exists regardless of whether or not your god exists, so it could exist the reality would be exactly the same as it would be if it never existed to begin with...

It's a very lazy theology you've created.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

The same could be said for any other God as well, and I don't see how my theology is any lazier than anyone else's. Most people don't even work for their theology, they take someone else's word for it.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The same could be said for any other God as well

Indeed...

I don't see how my theology is any lazier than anyone else's. Most people don't even work for their theology, they take someone else's word for it.

You've worked at simply proclaiming 'everything is god'?

At least certain other theologies have put some effort into it...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

There has been a lot of "work" on my part in coming to this conclusion. It started with one of the hardest points in my life, losing my faith. I was lost and afraid of what my loss in faith might mean to my soul, I was that way for months. It took a lot of work for me to get out of that hole and to find new faith.

You are assuming I just all of a sudden one day decided everything was God. You couldn't be further from the truth. It's easy to accept what is taught to you from a young age, it's not so easy finding your own answers.

Also, my theology isn't just "everything is God", that's a gross oversimplification of what I believe. Sure, it can be boiled down to that in the end but there is more than just that one aspect. Check my post history if you care to see the other aspects.
edit on 8/14/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

There has been a lot of "work" on my part in coming to this conclusion. It started with one of the hardest points in my life, losing my faith. I was lost and afraid of what my loss in faith might mean to my soul, I was that way for months. It took a lot of work for me to get out of that hole and to find new faith.

You left your religion, you didn't lose your faith as you still held a belief in a god. The 'work' you put in to create your current belief (god is everything...) is what im questioning.

You are assuming I just all of a sudden one day decided everything was God. You couldn't be further from the truth. It's easy to accept what is taught to you from a young age, it's not so easy finding your own answers.

Unless you spend 2 mins thinking before coming to the easy-answer-fits-all 'god is everything' belief system...

Also, my theology isn't just "everything is God", that's a gross oversimplification of what I believe. Sure, it can be boiled down to that in the end but there is more than just that one aspect. Check my post history if you care to see the other aspects.

I've read you OP, the one in which you announced your beliefs and claimed that your god is 'Greater Than Yours', like a kid in the school yard.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The title of my thread is a jab at what religious people usually think, I guess it didn't come off that way, sorry.

Well the process that lead me to this conclusion want quite as simple as you seem to think. If you take a look at my post and thread history you'll see I've gone through quite a few changes in my theology over the past couple of years. My conclusion want some spur of the moment type thing I assure you. Just because it is simple does not make it lazy, usually truth is the simplest answer, Occam's Razor.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282

Great - orgaqnised religion is going to be replaced by organized "understanding" - I am sure that is going to work well!!

Aloysius,
Thank you for bringing a glimmer of reason to this thread.

Should have thought of it first I suppose..then attack it's own reasoning with you as the marching baton holding bandleader.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Everything you experience from your unique perspective (including your own being) if not lost in the tiresome miasma of having to be; is of Gods idea: It created Itself with the human as its bully pulpit/puppet or animation. Do you have a problem with this?

edit on 14-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

You said God and nature can't be the same (banana/gold reference) maybe its your standoffish approach and the constant jabs you throw out in your replys. Why are you so upset?

I said a banana is not gold, meaning gold is not the same as a banana. It is an analogy, not a reference. For the fourth time, I'm not sure how you're confusing these such simple statements. If I wanted to give you a jab, I'd call you standoffish and upset, and maybe remark on your reading comprehension, but I'm just pointing out the absurdities of your comments, not making any statements about you as an individual.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

You are

You're doing well, enlightened. Might I suggest turning away from the bible, and face the mountain of literature the species has created, most of which is at least a thousand times better thought-out, better researched, and most of all better written. You have some catching up to do. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

My God created the free will that resulted in evil. He didnt choose for us. In your model, ALL is god, so ALL made the choice for us.

To assume that ALL is god is to dismissed your personal responsibility to investigate God's true nature.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join