It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My God Is Greater Than Yours

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

gold has value only because we say gold has value. I'm sure a hungry man on a stranded island would choose the banana over a gold ingot

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Says who? That "poor design decision" is what brings everything in the universe together. The universe is pretty awesome isn't it? You can't have an action without a reaction, you can't have good without evil. The universe has an inherent duality to it and that duality is what makes any one thing possible, otherwise an effect would not be because there was no cause.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Everything is made of atoms. Seems like everything is the same at that level.

Atoms are not the same.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

gold has value only because we say gold has value. I'm sure a hungry man on a stranded island would choose the banana over a gold ingot

I said they are not the same because you call the both God. I didn't say anything about value. I'm not sure what your point has to do with anything.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Ok then, the banana in my kitchen isn't every single banana in the world, so I guess that means it's no longer a banana and isn't made of the same stuff as every other banana.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Says who?

Says me - in my judgement.

That "poor design decision" is what brings everything in the universe together. The universe is pretty awesome isn't it? You can't have an action without a reaction, you can't have good without evil. The universe has an inherent duality to it and that duality is what makes any one thing possible, otherwise an effect would not be because there was no cause.

That is a pretty crappy post hoc justification.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Yep - it's quiet funny "discussing" what supplies to lay in for armagedon with the people who want gold - telling them that no amount of gold is going to buy my beans or bullets gets them all confused!

sort of the same with X-ians.......they get all confused when you start quoting the bits of the bible they choose to ignore

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

so you're arguing the bible allows us to murder?

not at all- how do you figure that??

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

so you think all spiritual people think god is a white bearded man in the sky?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

How so? Do you disagree that an effect requires a cause? Because you can't have one without the other. The same goes for good and bad. Life would be pretty boring if there was no risk involved.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I was just making sure

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

How so? Do you disagree that an effect requires a cause? Because you can't have one without the other. The same goes for good and bad. Life would be pretty boring if there was no risk involved.

sure effect requires cause - but it is not necessary to know what the cause is nor to invent something to account for it - "I don't know." should be a perfectly acceptable answer where it is true.

And since we have no experience of good without evil we actually have no way of knowing what "life would be like" if "god" had deigned to let us exist in such a system - which of course he/she/it could surely do, what with being omnipotent and all.

so let's recap:

1/ god is supposedly omnipotent - can do anything
2/ god can therefore design a system of existence that does not have evil and which is still interesting and includes free will
3/ god chose not to do so, instead allowing evil and nastiness to exist in vast amounts.

My conclusion from this is that such a god is a jerk.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

God?

What god allows child molestation, war, homicide, what god kills?

# your god.

It's the God that you have chosen; the God that the collective of humanity has chosen "allows" and orchestrates every heinous act that has ever occurred in this version of reality through man himself.

The "fall of man" as written of in Genesis 3 was merely a living parable of the choice of all souls who have chosen to experience this Matrix of duality that blinds mankind from his true essence.

It is Yahweh that does all of these things through man. However, Yahweh is not mentioned in the first chapter of Genesis, when everything within the creation of the Elohim was "good." When souls chose to have an experience apart from the true God of goodness, they chose Yahweh as their God - the God of good and evil.

Isaiah 45
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

And here we remain, and here we will remain without a collective awakening of stubborn, slumbering humanity.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

so there is more than 1 god, and we can choose which one rules the world??

I'm getting confused now - I was pretty sure the X-ian/Jewish/Islamic thing was that there is NOT more than 1 god and you do NOT get to choose??!!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

sure effect requires cause - but it is not necessary to know what the cause is nor to invent something to account for it - "I don't know." should be a perfectly acceptable answer where it is true.

And since we have no experience of good without evil we actually have no way of knowing what "life would be like" if "god" had deigned to let us exist in such a system - which of course he/she/it could surely do, what with being omnipotent and all.

so let's recap:

1/ god is supposedly omnipotent - can do anything
2/ god can therefore design a system of existence that does not have evil and which is still interesting and includes free will
3/ god chose not to do so, instead allowing evil and nastiness to exist in vast amounts.

My conclusion from this is that such a god is a jerk.

The reason that so many find it to be such a dilemma trying to reconcile how "God" can either cause or allow all of the evil and suffering in the world is because humanity still generally has the view that God is "up there watching over everything." However, we are on the brink of a paradigm shift where man must awaken to the fact that "God" is actually operating through man himself, and largely contingent upon the choices and actions of mankind.

If you have a problem with the way God is doing things, there is nowhere to look but in the mirror. We have all chosen to depart our divine home in order to experience this Matrix, and the only way out is to collectively change from within. If you want "God" to change, then change.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I don't have a problem with the way god is doing things - only with the post-hoc self serving justifications of people who won't face up to the consequences of their own belief, such as you.

nothing you have posted is consistent with a "loving omnipotent god" - everything I have posted is consistent with no god at all.

edit on 12-8-2015 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

so there is more than 1 god, and we can choose which one rules the world??

I'm getting confused now - I was pretty sure the X-ian/Jewish/Islamic thing was that there is NOT more than 1 god and you do NOT get to choose??!!

Organized religion has hidden in plain sight the Truth from man. There is much Truth at the root of religion, particularly Christianity, but it is buried under the fallacies and tainted truths of the carnal man.

Christ crucified and entombed is not something to be "worshipped," but is actually an ironic living archetype of all of humanity. We have all been crucified and entombed from our divine essence as cosmic creators. This necessitates a mass-awakening (resurrection) of humanity from the darkness in which we have willingly kept ourselves. Just as Christ historically rose on the third day, so now are we entering the "third day" (2,000 years from the time of Christ). If mankind does not awaken to and accept the reality of this, there are dire cosmic consequences to face.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

yeah you guys keep making up all these circular post hoc words to justify what cannot be justified.

You should just stick with opinion and belief - trying to bring credible evidence into the discussion isn't something you do very well!!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I don't have a problem with the way god is doing things - only with the post-hoc self serving justifications of people who won't face up to the consequences of their own belief, such as you.

nothing you have posted is consistent with a "loving omnipotent god" - everything I have posted is consistent with no god at all.

It's because you still look at the issue from an either/or perspective. "We are us and God is God, if there is a God." The fact is that we ARE God, as in a part of God. We can think of humanity as free-flowing thoughts within the mind of God. And right now, God is very mentally ill.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

yeah you guys keep making up all these circular post hoc words to justify what cannot be justified.

You should just stick with opinion and belief - trying to bring credible evidence into the discussion isn't something you do very well!!

If you are looking for "credible evidence" for any genuine Truth, you will be looking forever. The ultimate verification of Truth is intangible, and comes from within.
edit on 12-8-2015 by TombEscaper because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join