It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My God Is Greater Than Yours

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

um the ten commandments says not to kill seems straight forward to me. Jesus even taught to love your enemy and to turn the other cheek.

I'm not even religious and i understand these concepts and seem "logical" to me

what excuse is presented to make the bad decisions you claim the religious make?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Saying God is everything is just as useful as saying God is nothing. I'd love to watch you seek out the all for the sake of humor—perhaps rolling around in excrement, kissing carcasses, and praying to piles of trash. Have you ever worshipped a fart?
edit on 12-8-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

without carcasses certain animals wouldn't eat, certain trash gets used to fertilize plants, and somethings are just harmful but still are a part of the system that makes mother nature so yes, all thing are "God" or whatever you wanna call it.
edit on 12-8-2015 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

without carcasses certain animals wouldn't eat, certain trash gets used to fertilize plants, and somethings are just harmful but still are a part of the system that makes mother nature so yes, all thing are "God" or whatever you wanna call it.

Whatever makes you feel better. However, a banana is not the same as gold just because you wish to call it god, or mother nature, or "the all".

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

F THAT! Dime bag Darrel is the only God that matters! m/

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

So I guess that means god is dead...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: highfromphoenix

God?

What god allows child molestation, war, homicide, what god kills?

# your god.

A God that allows freewill allows humans to make their own choices even if they are wrong. There is nothing to learn and nothing to be gained if we are simply following the rules.

Evil does not have to exist in order for people to choose to worship.

A god that could prevent evil but chooses not to is a jerk.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

um the ten commandments says not to kill seems straight forward to me. Jesus even taught to love your enemy and to turn the other cheek.

there is only 1 set of 10 commandments mentioned in the bible - and they say nothing about "do not kill" -

Exodus 34:14-26King James Version (KJV)

14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

15 Lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice unto their gods, and one call thee, and thou eat of his sacrifice;

16 And thou take of their daughters unto thy sons, and their daughters go a whoring after their gods, and make thy sons go a whoring after their gods.

17 Thou shalt make thee no molten gods.

18 The feast of unleavened bread shalt thou keep. Seven days thou shalt eat unleavened bread, as I commanded thee, in the time of the month Abib: for in the month Abib thou camest out from Egypt.

19 All that openeth the matrix is mine; and every firstling among thy cattle, whether ox or sheep, that is male.

20 But the firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb: and if thou redeem him not, then shalt thou break his neck. All the firstborn of thy sons thou shalt redeem. And none shall appear before me empty.

21 Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventh day thou shalt rest: in earing time and in harvest thou shalt rest.

22 And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year's end.

23 Thrice in the year shall all your menchildren appear before the Lord God, the God of Israel.
- source

Moses' tablets are never referred to as the 10 commandments in the bible.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Actually theres two sets...

And killing is not the same as Murder...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Who says God has to be worshiped? You're stuck in the religious mindset.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

So what you're saying is that all that DOES exist is the same as something that doesn't exist? I'm not following your logic.

God is everything, it doesn't get any simpler than that. God is existence and everything that comes with it.
edit on 8/12/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Everything is made of atoms. Seems like everything is the same at that level.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

There are 3 sets of "10 commandments" - Exodus 20:2-17 and Deuteronomy 5:6-21 are quite similar and are the ones most peole think of, although they are not called "the 10 commandments" anywhere in the bible.

The commandments I list above ARE called "the 10 commandments" The third version, in Exodus 34:28 - And he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

these were given to Moses after he broke the tablets that had the "original" 10 commandments (that were not the 10 commandments at all......) when he saw the Israelites worshiping a golden calf -

Ex 32:19 And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses' anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Never mind.
edit on 8/12/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Yeah but there are 2 versions of what was written on the first set - which makes 3 sets written in the bible.....

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Because one side (evil) is necessary for the other side (good) to be appreciated.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

That is a pretty poor system deign by this omnipotent god.......

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

so you're arguing the bible allows us to murder?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I slightly believe we are all part of the same consciousness looking at itself more than anything else at the moment. This is being backed up lately by me constantly looking at the clock at 11:11, I can only think of myself choosing such a mundane sign

Recently I have been trying to pay attention to the thought I was having before seeing it but I catch myself out every time! I'm a right ol dickens!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CarolinaSushi

you're not alone

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join