It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority of New Driver’s Licenses Issued in California This Year are to Undocumented Immigrants

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
IT turns out now.... I will need a valid license to drive my golf-car to the local grocery

if I get stopped - sans a valid license I must pay 50$ and get hit with 250$ impound fee

the irony is I have spearheaded the golf car actual plates requirement for the last 5 years
(at over 250$ + 75$+ 30$ fees) but the slackers never paid the required fees

... now I need that monetary break--- but the gobertment can pop me legally...that sucks

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Profusion

No hablo Inglés.

¿Podría usted por favor, puesto esto en español. Es injusto para que usted acaba de escribir en Inglés. No sea un racista tales!

Sorry mate, we don't speak Russian round ear. My interpretation of the above: The Spanish have favors of indescribable injustice but they are not under the sea with racist tales?

Anyone want me to interpret anything else?

Lol, yes plz!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Is there something wrong with illegal immigrants driving? The license doesn't give them the right to do ANYTHING else. It can't be used to register to vote, for example. It's a special license and not the same as a drivers license that a citizen carries.

Well, let's see now...illegal immigrants should not be driving in the Country, because they should not be in the Country. If they were not in the Country, they would not need a license to drive in the Country.

Once they have their driver's license, of course, it is a lot easier for them to get to their place of illegal employment (where they pay no income taxes, or otherwise contribute to the cost of social programs), and to get their kids to their (free to them) schools, or to get to the Doctor for their free medical care.

Makes a person almost want to leave the Country, and then sneak back in as a non-citizen!

I'm heading over the border right now, oh wait, the Mexican border patrol just stopped me and told me they take their immigration laws seriously, and I could face jail time next time.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

To those who think laws and borders are arbitrary and have no real meaning, go get a cup of coffee or mocha-tofu.

This post isn't for you.

To those who want real solutions?

Here's an idea.

Close the borders. Lock them up. Turn people away. Enforce the laws.

For those illegals that have already broken the law, violated the laws of a sovereign nation. . . . here's your chance.

Have the government put an "Ellis Island" in every city in every state. You get 6 months to become a citizen. Do it and we're good as far as I'm concerned.

Miss the deadline? See ya! Don't let the door hitcha where the good Lord split ya!

Criminal record?
Gone.
Illegal?
Gone.
Don't want to pledge to the US?
Gone.

I don't care if you have "I *heart* apple pie" tattooed on your backside.

Gone.

There's a solution. Not that anyone in leadership has the stones to follow through on, but there it is.

If you babies want to piss and moan about the cost? Instead of building 50 bombers, build 40.

*boom*
Done.

Cost saved.

Now go back to justifying illegals and law breakers and buying them flowers for mama's birthday.

*drops mic and leaves stage*

Quoted for both truth and accuracy, sanity followes, as well as common sense!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: TheBulk

Just wondering how you on the left would justify illegals voting.

You don't have a problem with them breaking the law anyways.

They are here illegally, so the law is not important to any of you. So if anyone violates the law, breaks the law in anything, it must be okay, because you all seem to be fine with only an arbitrary adhesion to the law.

Give people who break the law rewards. Give them drivers licenses, give them healthcare, give them housing andd food stamps.

Just don't start wee-ing yourselves if a law is broken in the future.

You'll all look like a bunch of stinking hypocrites.

They look like hypocrites all the time. That does not stop them.

What's more hypocritical: Recognizing a problem and working to find a decent solution, or recognizing a problem, complaining about it and then running away from the debate when asked for their solutions?

No one has offered any type of alternative on the issue, but they sure do hate them some illegals.

Um how about the obvious???

$10,000 fines for every business employing an illegal, the fine is assessed per employee.

The problem will sort itself out overnight.

Easy peasy lemon squeeze.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

And with no insurance.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I see this more like: 1 million formerly undocumented people are now trackable.

Not a bad thing IMHO

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I feel some parts of our government are favoring illegal immigrants over USA citizens . Which is a crock o, bunch of bad words.

Second this is scary be afraid very afraid. I had the pleasure and terrifying experience of driving deep into Mexico. Granted it was decades ago but they are CRAZY DRIVERS . We drove to many good scuba diving areas . Closest to USA/MEXICO boarder area was bad but out skirts of Mexico City was the worst.

Glad Im not in Comifornia.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

They are here illegally, so the law is not important to any of you. So if anyone violates the law, breaks the law in anything, it must be okay, because you all seem to be fine with only an arbitrary adhesion to the law.

Give people who break the law rewards. Give them drivers licenses, give them healthcare, give them housing andd food stamps.

What's more hypocritical: Recognizing a problem and working to find a decent solution, or recognizing a problem, complaining about it and then running away from the debate when asked for their solutions?

No one has offered any type of alternative on the issue, but they sure do hate them some illegals.

$10,000 fines for every business employing an illegal, the fine is assessed per employee.

There are already fines for employing illegal immigrants and a system in place to check SS#'s.

The problem is that very few use it and there is no possible way to hold each business accountable without creating a massive government bureaucracy, beyond what it is now, to deal with it.

What is easier is to let them work, fold them in to our society and let them contribute right along with us.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
You mean Illegal aliens?

Not surprised......

heh its funny, illegal aliens can get a DL , I bet now the left will have no problem providing ID for voting!

They would still be required to register to vote which they wouldn't be able to do with just a driver's license...so your argument goes down the toilet.

And I would rather have illegals on the road with a driver's license and insurance, than with no DL and no insurance.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

What is easier is to let them work, fold them in to our society and let them contribute right along with us.

Not at all easy for the poor citizen who could have been employed if it weren't for the illegal holding the position instead. When illegals used to be deported and taken from the workforce, citizens would easily and quickly fill those positions. But... illegals are favored for cheap labor and taken advantage of and the poor citizen who needs to feed his family is turned away. I don't see how that solves anything.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
For those debating the illegals voting or not... They do vote. They have been voting.

edit on 12-8-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Not at all easy for the poor citizen who could have been employed if it weren't for the illegal holding the position instead. When illegals used to be deported and taken from the workforce, citizens would easily and quickly fill those positions. But... illegals are favored for cheap labor and taken advantage of and the poor citizen who needs to feed his family is turned away. I don't see how that solves anything.

You need to look a bit further back in this thread where I posted a Forbes article that says that it is true that illegals take some jobs from Americans, but they also create just as many jobs.

Think about it. If x number of illegal immigrants are in this country, they will create economic demand in the process, correct? They need to eat, get fuel, need medicine, care repair, etc.

People who have very little basic understanding of simple economics can grasp this concept. Yes, they take jobs, and they create them.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

There are already fines for employing illegal immigrants and a system in place to check SS#'s.

The problem is that very few use it and there is no possible way to hold each business accountable without creating a massive government bureaucracy, beyond what it is now, to deal with it.

Okay so how about reply to Beezer and say that...?

You pick which resolution you want to fight by saying let's just let them in?

No offense but are you here or your family here illegally? I every sense of the word NO offense....Just interested (and ready to send the feds to your ip address)....

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Yes, they take jobs, and they create them.

Illegally....again

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Or you know, have a potus and doj that lets ice actually do its job.

And no, I don't want them here folded into our society, you ever seen how they live?

Go stay in a Mexican neighborhood for a few days, I bet you get beat robbed or killed at least once in less than a week.

Are you crazy?

Most of these people are not good folks.

I know, I have been to their neighborhoods many times.

I would rather go to the ghetto in Chicago for a week.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Okay so how about reply to Beezer and say that...?

Why. If Beezer is interested he is welcome to reply to what I've posted.

You pick which resolution you want to fight by saying let's just let them in?

I've said nothing of the sort. Why do people have such reading comprehension problems today? Something in the water?

No offense but are you here or your family here illegally?

What makes you ask that? Is it because I have a different opinion than you? Or maybe because I don't simply say "send them effers back"?

Please, I welcome a spirited debate but this is just incoherent nonsense.

Illegally....again

That was not the point being disputed. But thanks for trying.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I've said nothing of the sort. Why do people have such reading comprehension problems today? Something in the water?

You have said at least 10 times to just let them integrate into our society....Sorry if I was mistaken reading that statement over 10 times now....My bad

What makes you ask that? Is it because I have a different opinion than you? Or maybe because I don't simply say "send them effers back"?

Absolutely not, just interested if you had a dog in the race to constantly defend illegals on here...

Illegally....again

That was not the point being disputed. But thanks for trying.

Is that right? You really want me digging up your posts about letting the illegals work themselves into our society AGAIN??? I will gladly do it but please revert to your reply here:

Why do people have such reading comprehension problems today?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Or you know, have a potus and doj that lets ice actually do its job.

They have been. Deportations and stops at the border are up. But you did that research before you came in to this, right?

And no, I don't want them here folded into our society, you ever seen how they live?

Go stay in a Mexican neighborhood for a few days, I bet you get beat robbed or killed at least once in less than a week.

You have no clue what you're talking about. Pure fear-driven, unadulterated BS. Have you been to a Mexican neighborhood? I have. Lived in one for a few years....and I survived.

By the way, how can someone be killed at least once in a week? That indicates the possibility of being killed more than once. Can that actually happen?

Most of these people are not good folks.

That's true if you're ignorant.

I know, I have been to their neighborhoods many times.

That can't be true....because you'd be dead, right?

Complete stupidity. I can't believe I even took the time to respond to such a grossly ignorant post.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

By the way, how can someone be killed at least once in a week? That indicates the possibility of being killed more than once. Can that actually happen?

Ahem.....Lazarus....Sorry

I don't want that debate neither just making a funny

ETA: Missed ya today buddy...Where ya been?
edit on 8/13/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join