It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority of New Driver’s Licenses Issued in California This Year are to Undocumented Immigrants

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How does having their names in a database make them "legal"?

If they've been deported by ICE they're already in a database. They're not "legal" because of that, are they?

They aren't granted a visa by the DMV when they're given this driver's licence -- so I don't see how having one makes them "legally here" in the USA. To me, that's logic chopping and fear mongering.

They're still illegal, they now have a plastic card and their information is in a database. If anything it should make removing them even easier. Or round them up in FEMA camps, or whatever tinfoil hat conspiracy floats your boat.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

This whole issuing of licenses doesn't make much sense to me. I can understand if it's someone here on a visa or something legally...

Buddy I have been trying....It absolutely makes zero sense to just give in....I am a broken record on here about this...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Ha! Maybe for once we both can agree on something!

My friend's wife is here legally -- the hoops they had to go through to get her visa were extraordinary. He wanted to save money and do it all himself ... big mistake. It's insane the paperwork you have to send to this office, that office, wait and wait...

I can almost understand why some people come here illegally. Unless you pay a lot of money to have one of those visa companies process your documentation -- it can take a lot of time and stress to get all your T's crossed and I's dotted.

I'm all for simplifying the process as well as beefing up the screening for criminals. If they're going to be here, at least make them pay taxes like everyone else and have the same social responsibilities as citizens.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

If they're going to be here, at least make them pay taxes like everyone else and have the same social responsibilities as citizens.

Why does this line need to be in your post? I agreed with everything else......WHY do we just give in and say if they are here let's make them pay taxes? Legals? Sure......Illegals its just like we all want to say "good for you"....."You made it successfully"....Here is your prize....

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Paying taxes is now also a reward?!

Man, we citizens are taking this stuff for granted!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Just wondering how you on the left would justify illegals voting.

You don't have a problem with them breaking the law anyways.

They are here illegally, so the law is not important to any of you. So if anyone violates the law, breaks the law in anything, it must be okay, because you all seem to be fine with only an arbitrary adhesion to the law.

Give people who break the law rewards. Give them drivers licenses, give them healthcare, give them housing andd food stamps.

Just don't start wee-ing yourselves if a law is broken in the future.

You'll all look like a bunch of stinking hypocrites.

They look like hypocrites all the time. That does not stop them.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

They are here illegally, so the law is not important to any of you. So if anyone violates the law, breaks the law in anything, it must be okay, because you all seem to be fine with only an arbitrary adhesion to the law.

Give people who break the law rewards. Give them drivers licenses, give them healthcare, give them housing andd food stamps.

What's more hypocritical: Recognizing a problem and working to find a decent solution, or recognizing a problem, complaining about it and then running away from the debate when asked for their solutions?

No one has offered any type of alternative on the issue, but they sure do hate them some illegals.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Paying taxes is now also a reward?!

Man, we citizens are taking this stuff for granted!

All caps just for you brother!

YES, THE REWARD IS ALLOWING THEM TO BE LEGAL AND PAY TAXES.....Congrats I repeated myself 9,000 times now!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: TheBulk

What's more hypocritical: Recognizing a problem and working to find a decent solution, or recognizing a problem, complaining about it and then running away from the debate when asked for their solutions?

No one has offered any type of alternative on the issue, but they sure do hate them some illegals.

I never said I hate them....I said they shouldn't be here....A little different but think what you will

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

How often do you break the law and in what ways?

Nunya.

Do you break into other countries illegally much?

No. Your point? Or are you going to "take it to extremes" too, and suggest that crossing an imaginary line is paramount to murder?

Is your front door an imaginary line?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I wasn't referring specifically to you, but you are part of the group I speak of that complains and offers no solutions.

You don't want em here, so what do we do?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I wasn't referring specifically to you, but you are part of the group I speak of that complains and offers no solutions.

You don't want em here, so what do we do?

When I put my bill together I will be sure to run it by you buddy!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

No, I meant lets make it simplified for them to become "legal citizens" so they can start paying taxes and participate in the social responsibilities.

I mean, I bet quite a few wouldn't mind becoming legal citizens and not have to go through all the messy paperwork I saw my friend scratching his head over. With citizenship you have a lot more opportunities.

I blame the bureaucratic nightmare that is immigration for making it so hard for individuals to do it on their own without hiring a company or a lawyer. We should also do more criminal background checks against the FBI/CIA databases to keep criminals out.

I didn't meant to sound like I was saying we should let illegals pay taxes...no no no...
edit on 12-8-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

No, I meant lets make it simplified for them to become "legal citizens" so they can start paying taxes and participate in the social responsibilities.

But, but, but....Why????

Do we not have enough of our own citizens here that COULD pay taxes by funding a program to get the homeless entered into the job market in replace of the illegals? Man that would be one in depth bill but damn, why give in??

ETA: You added a bunch more crap....Take this for what it is worth in comparison to the quote above it....I do agree with some of the new stuff you added.
edit on 8/12/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Yeah sorry -- I get what you'r saying too.

We ought to clean up the system we have, enforce the laws we have, maybe add some new ones to screen people better -- and hell, why not go after people who already dodge taxes as well that are citizens.

One thing we don't do in this country is help our own homeless out in the right ways. Giving a blanket and some soup doesn't help that guy get a job. People don't seem to understand you need an ID, birth certificate, SS card, mailing address to get a job -- we don't have places set up to help homeless people track down their own information so they can get the required paperwork for taxable jobs.

To me, centers that worked with homeless people to give them that kind of stuff would be a better use of government money. Leave food and shelter up to private donations and churches. If wer're spending government money, lets spend it on giving the homeless people access to the government services and records they need to get on their feet.

Just an idea I had. . .

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Couldn't have said it better myself....You should feel so lucky....

I wasn't trying to be difficult but you summed up my stance right there!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
To those who think laws and borders are arbitrary and have no real meaning, go get a cup of coffee or mocha-tofu.

This post isn't for you.

To those who want real solutions?

Here's an idea.

Close the borders. Lock them up. Turn people away. Enforce the laws.

For those illegals that have already broken the law, violated the laws of a sovereign nation. . . . here's your chance.

Have the government put an "Ellis Island" in every city in every state. You get 6 months to become a citizen. Do it and we're good as far as I'm concerned.

Miss the deadline? See ya! Don't let the door hitcha where the good Lord split ya!

Criminal record?
Gone.
Illegal?
Gone.
Don't want to pledge to the US?
Gone.

I don't care if you have "I *heart* apple pie" tattooed on your backside.

Gone.

There's a solution. Not that anyone in leadership has the stones to follow through on, but there it is.

If you babies want to piss and moan about the cost? Instead of building 50 bombers, build 40.

*boom*
Done.

Cost saved.

Now go back to justifying illegals and law breakers and buying them flowers for mama's birthday.

*drops mic and leaves stage*

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

To those who think laws and borders are arbitrary and have no real meaning, go get a cup of coffee or mocha-tofu.

This post isn't for you.

To those who want real solutions?

Here's an idea.

Close the borders. Lock them up. Turn people away. Enforce the laws.

For those illegals that have already broken the law, violated the laws of a sovereign nation. . . . here's your chance.

Have the government put an "Ellis Island" in every city in every state. You get 6 months to become a citizen. Do it and we're good as far as I'm concerned.

Miss the deadline? See ya! Don't let the door hitcha where the good Lord split ya!

Criminal record?
Gone.
Illegal?
Gone.
Don't want to pledge to the US?
Gone.

I don't care if you have "I *heart* apple pie" tattooed on your backside.

Gone.

There's a solution. Not that anyone in leadership has the stones to follow through on, but there it is.

If you babies want to piss and moan about the cost? Instead of building 50 bombers, build 40.

*boom*
Done.

Cost saved.

Now go back to justifying illegals and law breakers and buying them flowers for mama's birthday.

*drops mic and leaves stage*

I am bowing down brother.....Thanks! Sounds good to me, let's see if introvert can get it passed now....

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I am bowing down brother.....Thanks! Sounds good to me, let's see if introvert can get it passed now....

I'm not necessarily opposed to that. It's a bit crude, but a step in the right direction. It's much better than saying we need to deport them all, as that is not feasible.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I mean, I bet quite a few wouldn't mind becoming legal citizens and not have to go through all the messy paperwork I saw my friend scratching his head over. With citizenship you have a lot more opportunities.

I blame the bureaucratic nightmare that is immigration for making it so hard for individuals to do it on their own without hiring a company or a lawyer. We should also do more criminal background checks against the FBI/CIA databases to keep criminals out.

I didn't meant to sound like I was saying we should let illegals pay taxes...no no no...

What if a heavy criminal background in their country isn't available to the fbi/cia? Beyond making a rule that says only countries that share their criminal databases with our fbi/cia can have their citizens come here. Without some sort of forced single choke point on both northern and southern borders to begin with how do you even ensure people get run through the database anyway?
edit on 12-8-2015 by Reallyfolks because: Spelling

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join