It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority of New Driver’s Licenses Issued in California This Year are to Undocumented Immigrants

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Wow that actually sounds awful! Sorry you had to go through that Heff!

Effin illegals man.....Trump will build us a wall...Just sayin

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
You mean Illegal aliens?

Not surprised......

heh its funny, illegal aliens can get a DL , I bet now the left will have no problem providing ID for voting!

And their voting was the purpose all along. Good plan, working well! The development of a permanent Democrat party majority.

Yes, that was the plan. Isn't it convenient that Bush and Reagan were co-opted and went along with the nefarious plot?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: Profusion

Is there something wrong with illegal immigrants driving? The license doesn't give them the right to do ANYTHING else. It can't be used to register to vote, for example. It's a special license and not the same as a drivers license that a citizen carries.

Well, let's see now...illegal immigrants should not be driving in the Country, because they should not be in the Country. If they were not in the Country, they would not need a license to drive in the Country.

Once they have their driver's license, of course, it is a lot easier for them to get to their place of illegal employment (where they pay no income taxes, or otherwise contribute to the cost of social programs), and to get their kids to their (free to them) schools, or to get to the Doctor for their free medical care.

Makes a person almost want to leave the Country, and then sneak back in as a non-citizen!

Hmmmm, I think the way the new ideas and paradigm work is that anyone who wants to come into the US and work and live there has a "Right" to do so. So, another article pointed out that the Governor of California signed a Law yesterday that outlaws the use of the words "illegal" and "alien" in Government documents and general discourse. That means everyone who enters is "legal" and none are "aliens".

So, if they're exercising a "right" to be here, who are you or I or anyone else to deny them their rights?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

Yes, but how will the illegals get to the border to build the wall for us if they don't have a drivers licence?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

In 1995 I was T-boned, in an intersection, by a Hispanic woman who was not paying attention to the road... she was looking for a payphone, saw one, and simply went - directly into my drivers side door.

As I was laying on the ground, with broken bones and a major cranial avulsion, the woman handed the responding police a drivers license and insurance card.

A minute or two later another car showed up, the woman told the cops it was her son, and they left.

A minute or two after that the police officer informed me that the DL and insurance card were both bogus. I had been the victim of a hit and run. It took me years to get my medical bills paid. The loss of my car was never compensated... and I had to sue myself, in court ( uninsured motorist ) just to get that.

Given my experience, I would LOVE if my state had a program to legally license undocumented immigrants. That way they can be held accountable for things like this.

This looks good on paper, but having been through this experience you should know that:

A) If they are uninsured you end up with the same result you described.

B) If they have no money, which is very likely the case, you end up with the same result you described.

C) If they DO have money, it is most likely just as undocumented as they are, and therefor may as well not exist. You end up with the same result you described.

The problem with handing out drivers licenses to illegal aliens is not the immediate effect, but rather the fact that we are rewarding people for committing crimes (it IS a crime to come into and reside within this country without going through the proper channels) instead of sending them back to their own country.

I don't mean to sound harsh - but illegal immigrants are a huge burden that we all bare together. I think it's fantastic that people would be able to come to this or any other country and make a better life for themselves and their families, but it needs to be done legally. I guess the other side of the coin, however, is that if we continue down this path of amnesty, soon it will be legal.

Full disclosure: My step dad is Mexican, his family came to the US legally in the early 60's. My best good buddy is Mexican, and his family also legally came to the US decades ago, before he was born. Both my dad's side of my family and my friend's families have made very successful lives for themselves here - legally.

edit on 12-8-2015 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
So what happens when they do vote in the next election?

How do they register to vote?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Yes, but how will the illegals get to the border to build the wall for us if they don't have a drivers licence?

Sorry I didn't add sarcasm to that post buddy! Who in the holy eff could build a freaking wall to keep out illegals? That isn't even possible in todays day in age.....They will just tunnel underneath if we built one anyways...It was just a poke at the Donald sideshow really...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

a reply to: Profusion

Is there something wrong with illegal immigrants driving? The license doesn't give them the right to do ANYTHING else. It can't be used to register to vote, for example. It's a special license and not the same as a drivers license that a citizen carries.

Not only that but they are guaranteed to be insured unlike those without licenses.
I think California was thinking of making a little $ issuing a half million new licenses.
Given their budget deficits they need to do everything they can to fill the gap.

link   
Just wondering how you on the left would justify illegals voting.

You don't have a problem with them breaking the law anyways.

They are here illegally, so the law is not important to any of you. So if anyone violates the law, breaks the law in anything, it must be okay, because you all seem to be fine with only an arbitrary adhesion to the law.

Give people who break the law rewards. Give them drivers licenses, give them healthcare, give them housing andd food stamps.

Just don't start wee-ing yourselves if a law is broken in the future.

You'll all look like a bunch of stinking hypocrites.

link   

You have to register? I thought illegals could vote for whoever will take care of them?

Don't worry the polling machines will mark them down as someone else anyways...

link   

By lying, by breaking the law.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Hey I am neither left nor right....I am the middle and very proudly my homey Beez!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Sorry I didn't add sarcasm to that post buddy! Who in the holy eff could build a freaking wall to keep out illegals? That isn't even possible in todays day in age.....They will just tunnel underneath if we built one anyways...It was just a poke at the Donald sideshow really...

I should have added the /sarcasm to mine as well.

No worries.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Hey I am neither left nor right....I am the middle and very proudly my homey Beez!

It appears that those "progressives" on the left are the ones that promote breaking, violating the law, so I made a general statement to the fact.

Apologies for the unintended smear.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

All 31 credible cases of voter impersonation out of roughly one billion?

Sigh.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
From your link:

Note: This is a guest post by Justin Levitt, a professor at the Loyola University Law School and an expert in constitutional law and the law of democracy, with a particular focus on election administration and redistricting.

NO THANKS!!!

What a freaking joke.....Why would someone author that on an actual website and think the sheeple would believe that pure garbage?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Sigh.

So this is how you'll justify a further violation of the country's laws?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Just wondering how you on the left would justify illegals voting.

Can't speak for the Dems, but I don't justify it.

You don't have a problem with them breaking the law anyways.

I do.

They are here illegally, so the law is not important to any of you

Not true. Some of us realize that it is not feasible to deport all of them and we have to slowly integrate them in to society. Allowing them to travel legally to a job so they can help pay taxes seems reasonable.

Or we could just kill em all. If seen that suggested as an option.

ETA: That was a joke. I don't advocate murdering immigrants. The cost of ammo would be too much.

You'll all look like a bunch of stinking hypocrites.

Really? You've personally never broken a law? You've never been caught speeding and an officer let you off with a warning?

I understand that's a bit different, but the same principle applies, right? Breaking the law is breaking the law.
edit on 12-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

link   

No. This is how I will retain perspective about what things are real and what things are hyperbolic talking points. A problem that somebody makes up as a political meme is not actually a problem... it's a political trope.

link   

Sigh.

So roughly the same ratio as being shot by a cop.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join