It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Center for Medical Progress

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
wow just noticed this thread and already lost in at least four pages of posts.....

let's talk about confidentiality agreements for a moment here. they are quite common in many companies....stemexpress isn't an exception to this. their used confidentiality agreements to protect the privacy of their employees, their providers, along with their customers and their employees....
not really an unusual used for these agreements...
the center for medical progress, acting as a made up business entity, along with dear holly whats her name as a requirement for her employment, did sign one of these agreements, and well, I haven't checked in awhile, but it seems that they have broken this agreement by publishing items that would fall under these agreements, revealing names of customers and other information that was protected. this has led to at least one death threat.
so, well....
gee, what is it?? confidentiality agreements shouldn't be enforced anymore?? let's all have a free for all in the corporate world, let's post the names of our employers customers online, sell them to the highest bidders whichever competitor that is????

by what I have seen laws have been broken! to discount that fact would be to make these laws seem frivolous, not worthy of enforcing. and well, like I said, does the rest of the business world want their confidentiality agreements treated as such...can we have a free for all in the corporate world???

link   

originally posted by: greencmp

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I've never stepped foot in a PP clinic in my life and if it weren't for this manufactured controversy I'd know next to nothing about them. But I've been forced to do all sorts of research about them, CMP (ala this thread), and the laws surrounding them because the PRO-LIFE crowd can't bother to actually fact check all the ridiculous claims they are making.

Why can't PP just be a private company, non-profit or not, with no taxpayer funding?

Not many are suggesting radical changes in the laws (yet but, this debacle makes that a hell of a lot more likely), this is about public funding to this one organization (so far, granted), funding that would have been redirected to other women's health clinics, not withdrawn from its intended purpose.

And then what happens another fictitious video emerges centering on "other women's health clinics?"

Then do we retract their funding based on fabricated misinformation as well?

Why should any legitimate eligible entity lose their taxpayer funding based on lies?

Just because the willfully ignorant choose to believe the lies?

HARDLY!

PP is already prohibited under federal law from using any taxpayer dollars for the purpose of performing abortions, but for the anti-choice crowd that's not enough.

The simple truth is, because of the fact that they still offer abortion as an option, (despite the use of tax dollar limitations) the anti-choice crowd won't be satisfied until they're completely eliminated by whatever means necessary.

PP provides a whole host of services to the uninsured poor that I would just bet actually saves the taxpayers a lot more money than they're providing to PP and other clinics like them.

Things like contraceptives and cancer screenings are preventative measures that save a lot of money in the long run.

Unless they are "proven" to have violated the law, there is no valid reason to retract funding other than ignorance and spite.

Please read the second paragraph.

I already read both paragraphs in your post. So, what's your point?

The money wasn't going to be withdrawn from its intended purpose.

Sure it was, if this is allowed, they're just going to do it one clinic at a time.

Now answer me this, did you read my entire post?

link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

yeah these transcrispts

Buyer: And are we agreed that $100 would keep you happy.
Laurel: I think so—
Dr. Gatter: Well let me agree to find out what other affiliates in California
are getting, and if they’re getting substantially more, then we can discuss it
then.
Buyer: Yes.
Dr. Gatter: I mean, the money is not the important thing, but it has to be big
enough that it is worthwhile.
Buyer: No, no, but it is something to talk about. I mean, it was one of the
first things you brought up, right? So.
Dr. Gatter: Mhm.
Buyer: Now here’s another thought, is we could talk about specimen, per
specimen per case, or per procured tissue sample.
Buyer: So if we’re able to get a liver/thymus pair, maybe that is $75 per
specimen, so that’s a liver/thymus pair and that’s $150.
Buyer: Versus if we can get liver, thymus, and a brain hemisphere, and all
that, then that’s—
Dr. Gatter: Okay.
Buyer: So that protects us so that we’re not paying for stuff we can’t use.
And I think it also maybe illustrates things—
TRANSCRIPT BY THE CENTER FOR MEDICAL PROGRESS
Page 24 of 26
Dr. Gatter: It’s been years since I talked about compensation, so let me just
figure out what others are getting,
if this is in the ballpark, it’s fine, if it’s
still low then we can bump it up. I want a Lamborghini. [laughs]
Buyer: [Laughs] What did you say?
Dr. Gatter: I said I want a Lamborghini! [laughs]
Buyer: Don’t we all, right?
Dr. Gatter: [laughs] Exactly! I

Yea... Though you can pretend the joke the doctor made about the lambo was anything other than a joke, I'd think the laughter afterwards is a dead giveaway.

you miss the point...finding out what "other affiliates" are getting isnt talking about cost incurred thats talking about profit....if they are getting more i want more!

please!

No it isn't. It's making sure that they don't overcharge for their product

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I've never stepped foot in a PP clinic in my life and if it weren't for this manufactured controversy I'd know next to nothing about them. But I've been forced to do all sorts of research about them, CMP (ala this thread), and the laws surrounding them because the PRO-LIFE crowd can't bother to actually fact check all the ridiculous claims they are making.

Why can't PP just be a private company, non-profit or not, with no taxpayer funding?

Not many are suggesting radical changes in the laws (yet but, this debacle makes that a hell of a lot more likely), this is about public funding to this one organization (so far, granted), funding that would have been redirected to other women's health clinics, not withdrawn from its intended purpose.

And then what happens another fictitious video emerges centering on "other women's health clinics?"

Then do we retract their funding based on fabricated misinformation as well?

Why should any legitimate eligible entity lose their taxpayer funding based on lies?

Just because the willfully ignorant choose to believe the lies?

HARDLY!

PP is already prohibited under federal law from using any taxpayer dollars for the purpose of performing abortions, but for the anti-choice crowd that's not enough.

The simple truth is, because of the fact that they still offer abortion as an option, (despite the use of tax dollar limitations) the anti-choice crowd won't be satisfied until they're completely eliminated by whatever means necessary.

PP provides a whole host of services to the uninsured poor that I would just bet actually saves the taxpayers a lot more money than they're providing to PP and other clinics like them.

Things like contraceptives and cancer screenings are preventative measures that save a lot of money in the long run.

Unless they are "proven" to have violated the law, there is no valid reason to retract funding other than ignorance and spite.

Please read the second paragraph.

I already read both paragraphs in your post. So, what's your point?

The money wasn't going to be withdrawn from its intended purpose.

Sure it was, if this is allowed, they're just going to do it one clinic at a time.

Now answer me this, did you read my entire post?

Honestly, I didn't.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

From what I've gathered over the last 6 pages is that the ends justify the means as long as it means getting rid of Planned Parenthood.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

yeah these transcrispts

Buyer: And are we agreed that $100 would keep you happy.
Laurel: I think so—
Dr. Gatter: Well let me agree to find out what other affiliates in California
are getting, and if they’re getting substantially more, then we can discuss it
then.
Buyer: Yes.
Dr. Gatter: I mean, the money is not the important thing, but it has to be big
enough that it is worthwhile.
Buyer: No, no, but it is something to talk about. I mean, it was one of the
first things you brought up, right? So.
Buyer: Now here’s another thought, is we could talk about specimen, per
specimen per case, or per procured tissue sample.
Buyer: So if we’re able to get a liver/thymus pair, maybe that is $75 per
specimen, so that’s a liver/thymus pair and that’s $150.
Buyer: Versus if we can get liver, thymus, and a brain hemisphere, and all
that, then that’s—
Dr. Gatter: Okay.
Buyer: So that protects us so that we’re not paying for stuff we can’t use.
And I think it also maybe illustrates things—
TRANSCRIPT BY THE CENTER FOR MEDICAL PROGRESS
Page 24 of 26
Dr. Gatter: It’s been years since I talked about compensation, so let me just
figure out what others are getting,
if this is in the ballpark, it’s fine, if it’s
still low then we can bump it up. I want a Lamborghini. [laughs]
Buyer: [Laughs] What did you say?
Dr. Gatter: I said I want a Lamborghini! [laughs]
Buyer: Don’t we all, right?
Dr. Gatter: [laughs] Exactly! I

Yea... Though you can pretend the joke the doctor made about the lambo was anything other than a joke, I'd think the laughter afterwards is a dead giveaway.

you miss the point...finding out what "other affiliates" are getting isnt talking about cost incurred thats talking about profit....if they are getting more i want more!

please!

It is not talking about profit. It is talking about getting enough to not lose too much money in the process of donation. Obviously the doctor doesn't know exactly what the costs are for preserving, storing and transporting the tissue. She wants to know what the other affiliates are getting so her clinic doesn't lose too much money.

Did you read any of the bio-research experts' comments? They said the prices discussed were low, as far as recouping any costs. No chance there is any profit at those rates.

well riddle me this....in the 4 th video they are standing over a bowl of an aborted fetus and she separating parts with tweesers.

why does say a heart cost more than lungs, or a brain cost more than a thallamus? if we are talking about labour and transport costs, how is it more labour to pick a heart out of a bowl than it does a lung?

why do the prices vary depending on specimen if they are DONATED and only the transport costs are covered?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

I am not a biospecimen expert, but it may have to do with different parts requiring different preservation techniques, or some parts that need to be kept whole and preserved separately, verses parts that don't.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: kellyjay

I am not a biospecimen expert, but it may have to do with different parts requiring different preservation techniques, or some parts that need to be kept whole and preserved separately, verses parts that don't.

if you watch the newly released video, with the employee of stemexpress who are an affilate of PP, they actually worked in the PP clinics carrying out the manual labour and putting the specimins together then fed-exing them, so im just wondering what costs PP themselves need compensated for?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

um... I bet those big wall street firms and banks have similar agreements their employees have to sign...
as well as the fed, and well the gov't itself....
maybe some nice good citizens could well implant themselves in some of those places and well, record what goes on and well....
break their agreements as to just how the federal gov't and their croonies are manipulating our economy and defrauding not only our citizens but the world... and well, let those out for all to see....wonder if the end would justify the means then once the precious stocks nosedived to oblivion???

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

It's just a measure of double standard. I know I asked ATS to try to decouple their emotions from this topic, but I knew deep down it was impossible. Six pages now and next to no one has talked about the evidence I presented towards CMP. Instead opting to AGAIN discuss PP or the ethics of abortion.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I know I asked ATS to try to decouple their emotions from this topic, but I knew deep down it was impossible.

What did you expect? We're talking about a group of people that have a severe allergic reaction to logic and facts, and the only way they can respond is with emotion.

The very thought that this CMP may be a propaganda scam outlet is not able to enter their brain because they are preoccupied with outrage and knee-jerking towards a political issue they have been programmed to whine about.

When this is all said and done, and if PP is found to not be guilty of anything, it will not matter. THe propaganda has been set and no matter what these folks will believe PP is selling baby parts for profit.
edit on 12-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

ya, if they don't like experiments being done on the tissue, well, they need to address their legislature and make it illegal...
but well, they keep taking their aim at the two parties that aren't even really making a profit...the women and pp...

doesn't make sense to me, but what the heck....
it serves a political agenda, and that's all that matters....

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I know and it ticks me off. It's Climategate ALL over again...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

ya, if they don't like experiments being done on the tissue, well, they need to address their legislature and make it illegal...
but well, they keep taking their aim at the two parties that aren't even really making a profit...the women and pp...

Yea, all of these things scream propaganda to me. And to be honest, if this were about ANY other topic, I'd bet there would be a LOT more people eying up the conspiracy I presented in the OP as legit. Instead the most starred post on the first page is one trying to make fun of me about "losing PP arguments". I don't normally care about my star counts for my posts, but good god. People find THAT ignorant opinion more relateable than a juicy conspiracy theory?

doesn't make sense to me, but what the heck....
it serves a political agenda, and that's all that matters....

Exactly.
edit on 12-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Ancient times a messenger was a dangerous job. If a king didnt like the message . They would kill the messenger .

Kinda like now hate the message lets try to kill the messenger .

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lostinthedarkness

Ancient times a messenger was a dangerous job. If a king didnt like the message . They would kill the messenger .

Kinda like now hate the message lets try to kill the messenger .

Blah blah blah. Care to actually break the mold from the standard rhetoric for once and actually DISCUSS the evidence I'm presenting?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

kind of like let's increase the banter about abortion, make it look like we are doing something, heck we might even get the funds pulled from planned parenthood, and well, we can get the votes to get into office, and we can not only use the funds we pulled from planned parenthood but well find more things to cut into oblivion to fund new wars that we can proceed to bomb children, women, men, pregnant women, dogs, cats, cities, villages, to the ground and commit mass murder on a grander scale!!!!!
life is so sacred, ya know???

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Slash and burn politics. Very dirty and underhanded too... Too bad it isn't having the desired effect these assholes are trying to achieve.

America Still Wants To Fund Planned Parenthood After Sting Videos: Poll

Nearly two-thirds of American voters said they oppose a Republican proposal to strip federal funds from Planned Parenthood after the release of two undercover "sting" videos of the family planning provider, according to a new poll released Tuesday by the liberal Hart Research Associates.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The connection David Daleiden with people and groups with shared views is normal. His convictions to prove his beliefs that wrong doing is occurring. Is similar to other people with strong convictions are doing and have done. Green peace, sierra club , Peta , Human Society of America and others . All have secretly taped things while under false pretense . Some good has come of it pollution halted we are not being fed downer cows and ships cant toss barrels of toxic waste over the side .

Im going to wait for investigations to decide this rather than kill the messenger . Or support PP .

Believe political spin A
or
Believe political spin B

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I hear ya Krazy. After decades of being around certain good, decent colleagues and family members, I have discovered some things about some people.

1) They have trouble deciding who to trust, who is telling the truth. So they are comfortable with relying on input from an authority figure telling them what to do, say, and think. Otherwise, not being sure and not knowing made them feel uncomfortable.

2) There are no gray areas in life. Also, because they had trouble nuancing, everything held the same degree. To them, it's all the same; both sides do it, they're all the same. They had a difficult time ferreting out differences.

3) When presented with information that doesn't fit their thinking, they would make up stories to fix their thinking around the new input.

I don't blame them entirely. I give full blame to those who would take advantage of them.

Re deceptive tactics. I remember from the late 1980s, when candidates running for local offices (ex. city/school board) were advised to hide their (fundamentalist) Christian beliefs, until after they were elected. This struck me as a little dishonest. The majority of voters did not care to elect someone who wanted to impose their religious beliefs on others, and they knew it.

This "Center for Medical Progress" is a deceptive tactic, meant to fool.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join