It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do women REALLY need Planned Parenthood?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

that's just your belief of what life and death is.....
we all know what life is, it consists of limitations and confines. there's a possiblity of joy and happiness, but there is also a possibility of pain and sorrow. and well, there always seems to be a group of powerful people who are intent on increasing the amount of pain and sorrow others feel so they can have more joy and happiness for themselves.

but what is death? is it nothingness? is it a already determined decision made my some omnipotent god between heaven, full of bliss, joy and happiness or hell, with it's unending pain and sorrow (almost the same as what I just described as life)?

or could it be something else? a place where you discover your true self, where the limitations and confines are removed and you are free to go on with your exploration of the creation???

I might not be able to prove you wrong, but you can't prove me wrong either...
which makes the discussion quite irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: kellyjay

A working free HC system for a nation of 70million is not the same as a hypothetical free HC system for a nation of 315million.

Insurance is the only currently viable HC the U.S. can manage.

If you're originally from there, you should be able to understand the major differences that would have to be applied.

i was 22 when i left and was on my mother HC plan, so i didnt have to deal with that....no major differences would need to be applied, you roll out a national insurance, say $30 a week or month from your pay check, and that goes to fund the hospitals and doctors and nurses etc, it funds the cost of medications and any other services that hospitals etc do....a subsidized amount can be taken from peoples welfare checks, it would be a big undertaking yes...but one that would be worth it

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay
Do women REALLY need Planned Parenthood?

Do citizens REALLY need more than one gun?
Do kids REALLY need public schools?
Do retired people REALLY need Medicare?

What do you think? if an investigation shows that PP have been stepping outside the boundarys of the law, should they be defunded?

No, the individuals involved should be punished under the law, after having been found guilty in a court of law.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I think that's a benevolent ideology, if a little optimistic in my opinion.

But I don't want to drag this off topic either.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Pro-life people will shout - defund them
Pro-death people will shout - increase their funding
Pro-responsibility people will shout - let them pay themselves
Delusional people will shout - it should all be free

What other right is subsidized by the government? How did PP start? Who does PP provide most of it's services to?

Those questions expose a much darker rabbit hole I assure you. It's an insidious organization with eugenics at it's heart. That Democrats fight tooth and nail to keep it funded and expand it into lower class neighborhoods should speak mountains about their true intent towards the "unwashed masses".

A rabbit hole to end all rabbit holes............

edit on 12-8-2015 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

link   
well its working in other countries so i dont understand why it couldnt work in the US....

link   
I'll answer the OP with my personal experience: When I was in my 20s and couldn't afford a health plan I went to PP repeatedly for BC (pill). I could not afford to go to the gyno to acquire the prescription, which is an absurd requirement in and of itself. I couldn't afford the $50 copay for the consult AND the $50 copay per month for the pill.

So I went to PP and for a while was able to do the responsible thing, preventing an unwanted pregnancy, while paying what amounted to a small donation.

Until BC is freely available over the counter and ideally, free, places like PP are incredibly helpful.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

heck, I live here and I don't understand it!!
who are you or the gov't or anyone else to decide what kind of parameters should be enforced to decide who should live and who should die in this country....
and then to turn around and take the money from those you find unworthy and use to to help those you find worthy?
and now think of that army of workers the gov't employs to process the claims to determine who falls into these parameters and who don't with the oh so many falling into those parameters that ARE EMPLOYED, ARE WORKING!!!
how much could that army be scaled back if the actual cost of living was in tune to the actual wage the people were being given after their taxes. leaving only the truly handicapped and elderly left along with a small amount of unemployed for the gov't to provide for. but no it's the right who demands that every child is born, it's the right who demands that we are selfish with the help, and it's the right who thinks that the employers should be allowed to pay the workers as little as they wish!!

ya know, everytime, and obamacare I don't believe is an exemption, that the gov't has expanded these programs to help the growing pool of the needy, the same thing has happened in the insurance industries? the upper managements have enjoyed big bonuses and pay increases and they have hiked up the rates they have charged for their insurance....

it's one thing to say that something we haven't tried won't work..

it's an entirely different thing to say what we are doing obviously ISN'T WORKING when it is so appearant for all to see if they would only look.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The single payer system was sought. As memory serves it was Conservatives who were against it. The same folks now demonizing Planned Parenthood.

The ACA is actually the system that the GOP offered when Bill Clinton tried to overhaul the medical system in the US. It is the same system that Mitt Romney instituted in Massachusetts. Funny how the rhetoric changed.

I feel that this issue is just another straw man in the oligarchical war upon class. Abortion is not the actual agenda. Attacking the free and low costs services are. I think the goal is to eliminate those. The narrative is already evident in even your posts, which do mirror the media... Let the private sector handle it!

Of course once it's in the private sector those low-cost of free services will come with a profit margin driven premium.

Which is the actual goal here. Right to life is just the smokescreen.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

No one forces anyone to go to Planned Parenthood. People who walk in, do so of their own free will.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Irrelevant to the topic at hand. The issue is about defunding PP. PP doesn't use tax money for abortion therefore defunding it will hurt all their other services.

you were the one who brought up the 3% lie that the left is perpetuating....i debunkd it

next

Says the person arguing to defund PP over abortion related issues even though its been proven to you by several different posters that those funds don't go towards abortions.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Irrelevant to the topic at hand. The issue is about defunding PP. PP doesn't use tax money for abortion therefore defunding it will hurt all their other services.

you were the one who brought up the 3% lie that the left is perpetuating....i debunkd it

next

Says the person arguing to defund PP over abortion related issues even though its been proven to you by several different posters that those funds don't go towards abortions.

you assume i want them defunded because they carry out abortions, ive already stated i am pro choice...i said IF the investigations find that they have been breaking the law they should be defunded....and i later went on to state that only the clinics seen to have been breaking the law should be defunded.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

and it seems to me that if some get their way, the only people who will be able to obtain abortions will be the upper classes of people with plenty of money to spare......
am I right here?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
possibly any birth control really....
ya know it's interesting that in third world communities where women have been given the means to control their birth rates and focus their attention to other things of importance, the whole communty have benefited from their actions and they all enjoyed a higher standard of living.

so well one could argue that some are more intent on keeping the poor in the ranks of the poor than they are to allow them to climb the ranks and get out of their proverty!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I would rather just prohibit them from being involved in tissue donation. Abortion IS legal, and PP provides that service to women who need a safe way of doing it, and who may not have access to the service anywhere else in their area.

I'd rather just not do ANYTHING to them because they haven't done anything wrong. I'd rather go after Center for Medical Progress for blatantly manufacturing a crisis and trying to endanger an organization that does a LOT to help women (and men) across the country.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

What about just charging the people responsible for breaking the law with a crime?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

When I was homeless, planned parenthood did std testing for me for free because I had no way to pay for it. They don't just perform abortion. And when I left the clinic... they gave me a paper sack with a couple dozen condoms. I support planned parenthood all the way.

link   
Double post
edit on 3154815WedAM33K by tinyDAWK because: (no reason given)

link   

I didn't ask questions, I made observations.

Thanks for sharing, though.

Your tax dollars do not go to pay for other's abortions.

Next?

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

and, was found to be doing basically the same thing in 2000!! right down to the fictitious companies....

Planned Parenthood was found to be doing nothing outside the law then also...

this time I hope they nail these guys, I really do.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join