It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do women REALLY need Planned Parenthood?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

ahh so they broke no laws regarding the videos? well thats that settle then!

NO! That's not what the Judge decided!

If
Plaintiff wants leave to conduct discovery necessary for that purpose -- or any purpose other than
to obtain a preliminary injunction -- it must apply for that relief in the trial court where the
lawsuit, including the anti-SLAPP motion, is pending.)

Second, even if Plaintiff's evidence demonstrates that the videotapes were obtained in violation
of Penal Code Section 632, Section 632 does not prohibit the disclosure of information gathered
in violation of its terms. Lieberman v. KCOP Television, Inc. (2003) 110 Cal.App. 4th 156, 167.
For that reason, the Court is unlikely to enjoin the dissemination of the tapes. Nor does Penal
Code Section 637.2 help Plaintiffs. That section permits a person injured by a violation of Penal
Code Section 632 “to bring an action to enjoin and restrain” such violation. It does not permit an
action to prevent the dissemination of the unlawfully obtained recording.

Accordingly, even if Plaintiff may demonstrate a probability – even an overwhelming probability
– that it will prevail on the merits of its claims under Penal Code Section 632, it will not be
entitled to injunctive relief.

SOURCE

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

didnt you just say this to me earlier

Nope. That's not my post. HERE are my posts.

I stand by everyone of my posts.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The company has argued that the footage was obtained in violation of California’s two-part consent law on recordings, but the judge said Thursday that even if the video were obtained unlawfully, such a violation would not prevent its release.

www.washingtontimes.com...

I don't think that is said that there wasn't any laws broken, sorry!!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Are you able to show me a court case where it was ruled that PP did something illegal regarding abortions?

well there is an investigation ongoing so we will see....altho there is this

The U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of Texas, which will recover a majority of the settlement, said the suit revealed "an abuse of programs that are extremely important to the well-being of many American women." The Texas Attorney General's Office also took part in the litigation and will receive a share of the settlement, which will be paid by Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast, which operates 12 clinics in southeast Texas and Louisiana

www.wsj.com...

and this

A Planned Parenthood abortion clinic has been fined by the state of Ohio for running a filthy, unsanitary abortion clinic that puts the lives and health of women at risk.

Today, Ohio Right to Life obtained documentation of enforcement actions against three abortion facilities by the Ohio Department of Health. Among them is a $25,000 fine issued to Planned Parenthood of Bedford Heights due to severe violations of health and safety standards. Such violations include the facility’s failure to adhere to infection control policies, including exposed urine samples

www.lifenews.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

didnt you just say this to me earlier

Nope. That's not my post. HERE are my posts.

I stand by everyone of my posts.

that was in response to kaylaluvs comment...try reading

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Whooo Hoooo, one settlement and one fine. How long has PP been in existence again?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Whooo Hoooo, one settlement and one fine. How long has PP been in existence again?

one settlement for fraud, by claiming tax dollars for proceedures they didnt do

and a fine for have a dirty abortion clinic that posed a danger to womens health

one settlement and one fine too many...im sure i could find more if i had scrolled but meh

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

What do they have, like 700 clinic? Been around for how long now, 85 years?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

whats your point?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I found this interesting......

"In 1966, the United States had 10,920 murders, and one out of every twenty-two was a child killed by a parent." Despite our predilection for considering modern civilization "advanced," the crime of infanticide has continued to pervade most contemporary cultures. The major difference between the nature of infanticide in the twentieth century, when compared to the rest of recorded history, however, is due to the impact of one modern medical advancement: the widespread availability of safe, and legal, means of abortion. The ability to easily terminate a pregnancy, and thereby eliminate an unwanted child before it is born, has had a profound effect on the prevalence of infanticide. The human species has killed almost 10% - 15% of all children born. The majority of these murders have been associated with reasons of necessity at least in the minds of the infanticide parent - or with untoward reactions against an unwanted birth. With little ability to abort an unwanted pregnancy safely, troubled parents have had little choice but to wait until full-term delivery before disposing of the conception.

www.infanticide.org...

from the same source....

The colonists brought infanticide to America from England while at the same time finding that the Indians practiced it as well. As was the case in Germany extreme discipline characterized family life in puritanical colonial America and parents were given extensive liberty to punish their children, even to the point of death. In 1646 the General Court of Massachusetts Bay had enacted a law where "a stubborn or rebellious son, of sufficient years and understanding, " would be brought before the Magistrates in court and "such a son shall be put to death." "Stubborn child laws" were also enacted in Connecticut in 1650, Rhode Island in 1668, and New Hampshire in 1679.

so, well, maybe it could be said that abortion prevents infantcide....

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
I found this interesting......

"In 1966, the United States had 10,920 murders, and one out of every twenty-two was a child killed by a parent." Despite our predilection for considering modern civilization "advanced," the crime of infanticide has continued to pervade most contemporary cultures. The major difference between the nature of infanticide in the twentieth century, when compared to the rest of recorded history, however, is due to the impact of one modern medical advancement: the widespread availability of safe, and legal, means of abortion. The ability to easily terminate a pregnancy, and thereby eliminate an unwanted child before it is born, has had a profound effect on the prevalence of infanticide. The human species has killed almost 10% - 15% of all children born. The majority of these murders have been associated with reasons of necessity at least in the minds of the infanticide parent - or with untoward reactions against an unwanted birth. With little ability to abort an unwanted pregnancy safely, troubled parents have had little choice but to wait until full-term delivery before disposing of the conception.

www.infanticide.org...

from the same source....

The colonists brought infanticide to America from England while at the same time finding that the Indians practiced it as well. As was the case in Germany extreme discipline characterized family life in puritanical colonial America and parents were given extensive liberty to punish their children, even to the point of death. In 1646 the General Court of Massachusetts Bay had enacted a law where "a stubborn or rebellious son, of sufficient years and understanding, " would be brought before the Magistrates in court and "such a son shall be put to death." "Stubborn child laws" were also enacted in Connecticut in 1650, Rhode Island in 1668, and New Hampshire in 1679.

so, well, maybe it could be said that abortion prevents infantcide....

"hey why wait till your child is born to kill it...do it in the womb and save yourself the prison time"!!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

whats your point?

It's pretty obvious.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

na if worse comes to worse....
the flipping gov't will come up with some "stubborn child laws" to alleviate the food shortages, and other problems overpopulation causes....

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

whats your point?

It's pretty obvious.

you need more scandals? cuz i could post them.....

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

the flipping gov't will come up with some "stubborn child laws" to alleviate the food shortages, and other problems overpopulation causes....

yeah cuz killing babies helps curtail killing babies

i just cant even right now....

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Yeah right, you're pro-choice? NOT!

Almost 9 million children under the age of 5, will die this year from neglect.

edit on 13-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Yeah right, you're pro-choice? NOT!

im pro-choice because i know i have no control over anothers autonomy, so if i was pro-life id be contradicting the truth

just because im pro-choice doent mean i have to like it

then maybe the government needs to put more funding towards CPS and fund parenting classes, and make incentives for foster carers etc

you know when you say that you make it sound like all the babies that will die from neglect are products of mothers who wanted abortions, or didnt want to be mothers in the first place....and it way off base, some mothers have the best of intentions but just cant cope, or life throws them curveballs, and they turn to drugs....but hey maybe it would be better if they were all aborted....right? instead of providing services to keep the children safe and creating opportunitys for them to have a normal happy life

smh
edit on 02/08/2015 by kellyjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
well ya know what....
I kind of see an abortion at an early phase of pregnancy as far more humane that having mom and dad drag the poor kid up before a judge telling them just how bad the kid is behaving (hey maybe even lying) and then having the judge say, okay, we should kill the child!!!!

or having crazy mom or crazy dad go off the handle and beat the poor kid to death...

The human species has killed almost 10% - 15% of all children born.

seems like killing our offspring isn't as unnatural as some would like us to believe.
has happened all throughout history, in all areas of the world.

Infanticide has been practiced on every continent and by people on every level of cultural complexity, from hunters and gatherers to high civilization, including our own ancestors. Rather than being an exception, then, it has been the rule.

and well the US was at a rate of 20.6% abortions/pregnancies in 2008 and that rate has been falling, so we aren't much higher, if we are even, than that 10%-15% that has been the norm throughout history.

all quote are from:
www.infanticide.org...

percentages of abortion/pregancies for each country:
www.johnstonsarchive.net...

edit on 13-8-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

well ya know what....
I kind of see an abortion at an early phase of pregnancy as far more humane that having mom and dad drag the poor kid up before a judge telling them just how bad the kid is behaving (hey maybe even lying) and then having the judge say, okay, we should kill the child!!!!

or having crazy mom or crazy dad go off the handle and beat the poor kid to death...

The human species has killed almost 10% - 15% of all children born.

seems like killing our offspring isn't as unnatural as some would like us to believe.
has happened all throughout history, in all areas of the world.

Infanticide has been practiced on every continent and by people on every level of cultural complexity, from hunters and gatherers to high civilization, including our own ancestors. Rather than being an exception, then, it has been the rule.

and well the US was at a rate of 20.6% abortions/pregnancies and that rate has been falling, so we aren't much higher, if we are even than that 10%-15% that has been the norm throughout history.

all quote are from:
www.infanticide.org...

percentages of abortion/pregancies for each country:
www.johnstonsarchive.net...

are you actually serious right now? in what planet would that happen?.......throwing out fantastical scenarios like that just makes you look foolish, for the love of all that is good..please stop

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

sorry, but, the foster care system isn't any better....

One of the most comprehensive surveys of abuse in foster care was conducted in conjunction with a Baltimore lawsuit. Trudy Festinger, head of the Department of Research at the New York University School of Social Work, determined that over 28 per cent of the children in state care had been abused while in the system. Reviewed cases depicted "a pattern of physical, sexual and emotional abuses" inflicted upon children in the custody of the Baltimore Department. Cases reviewed as the trial progressed revealed children who had suffered continuous sexual and physical abuse or neglect in foster homes known to be inadequate by the Department. Cases included that of sexual abuse of young girls by their foster fathers, and that of a young girl who contracted gonorrhea of the throat as a result of sexual abuse in an unlicenced foster home.

www.liftingtheveil.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join