It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do women REALLY need Planned Parenthood?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
So your question is do we really need PP?
Well no you don't, but you do need their services.
If it's proven to be true, then for sure prosecute those involved . I don't understand the knee jerk reaction to shut the whole thing down. Do people realise it won't stop abortion, the other clinics will just pick up the load. Causing delays in the system, more unplanned pregnancies, later terminations. Distress to the majority of others who aren't there for abortions. As a pro choicer I would prefer they are performed ASAP , wouldn't you?

From from I read I'm sure people 'forget' , of those how ever many abortions that PP perform, the vast majority are done before 12 weeks with a pill , they never see an operating room, there no body parts to donate, so those cases don't relate to this scandal.

You do realise you've been duped into the anti crowd to help them make getting an abortion very difficult. I'm not sure you can call yourself pro choice if your aim is to shut PP.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

You ignored my previous post so I'll put it simply. What other clinics? You really want someone to walk 50 miles or more. I just looked up all the information for the rural far northern Ca County I grew up in. From the town I was raised in, it is 23 miles to the nearest planned parenthood. 67 miles to the nearest OBGYN in the next county over. That also happens to be the nearest place to give birth! There are no clinics that could pick of the slack.

When you have a population of 13,786 in a country that is 3,208 sq mi, there is very little interest in building clinics that serve women's reproductive health.
edit on 8/13/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

well, it seems to me that people want to defund planned parenthood, if they even a have overestimated their costs in this, but when it comes to those higher up in this chain of enterprise, hey they're all cool!! they can profit, they are doing a fine job, hey, who knows maybe even some day I will profit also when they find that miracle cure for that dreaded future disease that I am destined to suffer from later in life!!!!

you sure there isn't some ulterior motive behind all this???

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

where did i say they did?

thats nice,, no if you can get back to the video of the woman who actually worked for stem express blowing the whistle that would be great

You mean this "Whistle blower"

Episode 1 introduces Holly O’Donnell, a licensed phlebotomist who unsuspectingly took a job as a “procurement technician” at the fetal tissue company and biotech start-up StemExpress in late 2012. “I thought I was going to be just drawing blood, not procuring tissue from aborted fetuses,” says O’Donnell, who fainted in shock on her first day of work in a Planned Parenthood clinic when suddenly asked to dissect a freshly-aborted fetus during her on-the-job training.
hotair.com...

Ignorant and horrified, she had no idea what her job would entail, or how smart business practices and bookkeeping works either, apparently.

yeah that whistleblower, and this one who actually ran a PP clinic

For eight years, Abby Johnson, who used to work for a branch of Planned Parenthood, didn’t just witness the fetal tissue donation process—she participated in it.

During her tenure at a southeast Texas clinic—the same location featured in the fifth undercover video shot by the Center for Medical Progress—Johnson said she would “coerce” women to sign up for studies, then reap the financial benefits.

In 2009, a year after being named “Employee of the Year” at her clinic, Johnson, 35, said she witnessed a doctor performing an abortion on an ultrasound and quit her job.

The former clinic director has since become a pro-life activist, regularly criticizing Planned Parenthood’s abortion practices. The organization attempted to discredit parts of Johnson’s account and even obtained a temporary injunction against her, but Johnson was quickly cleared of any wrongdoing.

dailysignal.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm

You ignored my previous post so I'll pt it simply. What other clinics? You really want someone to walk 50 miles or more. I just looked up all the information for the rural far northern Ca County I grew up in. From the town I was raised in, it is 23 miles to the nearest planned parenthood. 67 miles to the nearest OBGYN in the next county over. That also happens to be the nearest place to give birth! There are no clinics that could pick of the slack.

When you have a population of 13,786 in a country that is 3,208 sq mi, There is very little interest in building clinics that serve womens reproductive health.

yeah walk , because people dont drive or use public transport right?

just because that was a distance for you doesnt mean its that much of a distance for everyone

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

well, it seems to me that people want to defund planned parenthood, if they even a have overestimated their costs in this, but when it comes to those higher up in this chain of enterprise, hey they're all cool!! they can profit, they are doing a fine job, hey, who knows maybe even some day I will profit also when they find that miracle cure for that dreaded future disease that I am destined to suffer from later in life!!!!

you sure there isn't some ulterior motive behind all this???

oh im sure there is...but if they are found to be breaking the law then they need to be held accountable

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I found this stat on my travels , I did not realise it was as bad as this.
Eighty-nine percent of all U.S. counties lacked an abortion clinic in 2011; 38% of women live in those counties.[4]
Kellyjay lives in the UK, I'm not sure she can comprehend the vast open spaces of the US

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoopyLou
a reply to: calstorm

I found this stat on my travels , I did not realise it was as bad as this.
Eighty-nine percent of all U.S. counties lacked an abortion clinic in 2011; 38% of women live in those counties.[4]
Kellyjay lives in the UK, I'm not sure she can comprehend the vast open spaces of the US

kelly jay was born in the US and lived there for 22 years...but please go on lol

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hey, I was just giving you an out, but seeing you can comprehend , how can you stand by your statement? Also if you're so in tune with the US, why did you use living in the UK as an excuse for avoiding other questions ?

P.s . Wanna comment on that stat I found? Or are we ignoring that.
edit on 13-8-2015 by LoopyLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

not everybody has a car, and our public transportation system is really quite limited.
next!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I think what the US needs is more clinics built in rural areas, more hospitals, and better access to affordable healthcare because obamacare just aint cutting it or is it?

Many of the clinical services Planned Parenthood offers— including Pap smears, breast exams, tests for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), and abortions— can be performed by gynecologists, family practitioners and pediatricians. The ACA guarantees coverage for the vast majority of women’s reproductive needs.

According to Planned Parenthood’s 2013-2014 annual report, the latest data available, the organization received nearly $1.15 billion in revenue— $528.4 million of which came from the federal government.

During that period, it spent about $769 million on medical services, $45 million on sexuality education, $34 million on public policy and $12 million to engage communities. In all, the organization spent over $859 million in the fiscal year of 2014.

Planned Parenthood heralds its efforts to promote education among young women and expectant mothers, and certainly it should be applauded for those campaigns. But according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, under the ACA, women are now covered for annual counseling in STIs, HIV, contraceptive methods, breastfeeding support and interpersonal and domestic violence.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Johnson said she would “coerce” women to sign up for studies, then reap the financial benefits.

So? No crime there.

she witnessed a doctor performing an abortion on an ultrasound and quit her job..............

The former clinic director has since become a pro-life activist

Shocking! Another ignorant and horrified worker that had no idea what her job would entail.

These, so called, testimonials don't indict Planned Parenthood in any kind of illegal scandal. All these PP attack videos do is get a bunch of ignorant people up in arms about something they know nothing about.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

not everybody has a car, and our public transportation system is really quite limited.
next!

Yea. She has a really snarky attitude about that. Luckily her and myself are privileged enough to own cars. Not everyone is that privileged.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

yep sure....
if they can afford the insurance of they are poor enough and fit into what the gov't deems as needy....
otherwise, well,

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Johnson said she would “coerce” women to sign up for studies, then reap the financial benefits.

So? No crime there.

she witnessed a doctor performing an abortion on an ultrasound and quit her job..............

The former clinic director has since become a pro-life activist

Shocking! Another ignorant and horrified worker that had no idea what her job would entail.

These, so called, testimonials don't indict Planned Parenthood in any kind of illegal scandal. All these PP attack videos do is get a bunch of ignorant people up in arms about something they know nothing about.

yeah she had no idea what her job would entail but was the director of the clinic? you should read the part where she claims that yes they did recieve profit and were paid, and that actually they were given abortion quotas......

read the link

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I mean 2 whistleblowers claiming the PP made profit from selling tissue ( one of them actually admits she was paid), videos were they discuss pricing and how they are prepared to change abortion methods to procure more intact parts, if you cant see that there is something going on then .....

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

heck I have a car but I can't drive across town without my foot starting to cramp up, and well, I then find myself thinking I am putting pressure on the gas, and my car is slowing down....
what gets me is that ya, if anything illegal has taken place...both on pp's part and cmp's ya they need to pay the price. but well it seems like people are waiting to find out, they seem to want to straight to guilty and defund.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

next!

Yea. She has a really snarky attitude about that. Luckily her and myself are privileged enough to own cars. Not everyone is that privileged.

wow seems the US has completely gone to crap since i left.....

those that arent priveleged enough to own cars can get a bus ..or even a ride from a family member or friend....or maybe live in an area that has these kinds of amenities close by...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

a reply to: rollanotherone

heck I have a car but I can't drive across town without my foot starting to cramp up, and well, I then find myself thinking I am putting pressure on the gas, and my car is slowing down....
what gets me is that ya, if anything illegal has taken place...both on pp's part and cmp's ya they need to pay the price. but well it seems like people are waiting to find out, they seem to want to straight to guilty and defund.

well now we agree....if they are found to be doing something thats breaking the law....pay the price

how easy was that!?! lol

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I don't think you have a clue about how poverty works.

"They don't have any bread to eat? Well then let them eat cake!"
edit on 13-8-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join