It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do women REALLY need Planned Parenthood?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

So you'd argue to shut down Wal-mart because you can buy anything there at a multitude of other places?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: kellyjay

Yes, many people, men and women, need Planned Parenthood. The number of people who use their services prove that in and of itself.

Defund them? How about you break down what the funding is and put some more perspective on it.

The better question is does the world really need pro-lifers when the choice to be made here is a personal one?

if its a personal choice, then they should pay for it...personally

In response to your addressing of only the commentary at the end of my post, for the most part they do. Now address that funding bomb.

i already posted their annual report in the OP...try reading it

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Yes, many people, men and women, need Planned Parenthood. The number of people who use their services prove that in and of itself.

Defund them? How about you break down what the funding is and put some more perspective on it.

The better question is does the world really need pro-lifers when the choice to be made here is a personal one?

In response to your addressing of only the commentary at the end of my post, for the most part they do. Now address that funding bomb.

Oh I have. Forty threads ago on this subject.

What I want to know from you the path that the government money travels. Did you read it? Research it?

ETA: I'm out. This is just rehash.
edit on 8/12/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So you'd argue to shut down Wal-mart because you can buy anything there at a multitude of other places?

is walmart breaking the law with regards to thier services?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Oh I have. I want to know from you the path that the government money travels. Did you read it? Research it?

can you google? ....if so go do that , that way you save us both time by cutting out the middle man

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

the question i posed was, if an investigation shows that they have been acting outwith the boundarys of the law, should they be defunded?

No. They should hold the people and clinics responsible and move forward.

It is already illegal to use taxpayer funds to pay for an abortion, except in certain cases, and I don't see why this should be still an issue.

It's all politics, pure and simple.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Oh I have. I want to know from you the path that the government money travels. Did you read it? Research it?

can you google? ....if so go do that , that way you save us both time by cutting out the middle man

It's your case for defunding. We've already "googled" and presented in multiple other threads...one on this very topic.

Now I'm really out. Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

They have in the past. Off the top of my head, they've been accused of locking their overnight staff inside the building overnight. I mean we are talking about Wal-mart here. They aren't exactly known for their ethics.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

You know that in the past when states have defunded Planned Parenthood, they end up with explosions in STD rates? Don't believe me? It happened earlier this year in Indiana.

The NPR story did not provide any documentation linking an increase in HIV cases in Indiana to the closure of a Planned Parenthood clinic in that state.

do you have any evidence that links the closure of PP to an outbreak of aids?

www.google.co.uk... s.com%2Fblog%2Fpenny-starr%2Fnpr-blames-aids-epidemic-indiana-closed-planned-parenthood-clinic&ei=rD3LVeLjKcztUrqQhNgF&usg=AFQjCNGCVY3o5zLSvkcHq1hCcBy 35mCjsw&sig2=Lv16ntJsqJNw1_03p2SUpA

edit on 02/08/2015 by kellyjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

How far did you get into that thread? Did you get to page 6?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

They have in the past. Off the top of my head, they've been accused of locking their overnight staff inside the building overnight. I mean we are talking about Wal-mart here. They aren't exactly known for their ethics.

well actually we are talking about PP so if we could stay on topic that'd be grat instead of throwing out strawmen

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
i didnt read it...im too busy replying and commenting on my own...im looking for a direct link to that PP clinic closing and an aids epidemic

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

well actually we are talking about PP so if we could stay on topic that'd be grat instead of throwing out strawmen

That's wasn't a strawman. Its a tactic in logical arguments were you substitute the premise of an argument with entirely different premises while keeping the flow of the argument consistent to show that the argument itself is invalid.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

How far did you get into that thread? Did you get to page 6?

ive read it, why arent other clinics offering aids tests? that is an issue that needed to be adressed when PP was closed there

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

i didnt read it...im too busy replying and commenting on my own...im looking for a direct link to that PP clinic closing and an aids epidemic

Just click on the link in that post that says page 6...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

That's wasn't a strawman. Its a tactic in logical arguments were you substitute the premise of an argument with entirely different premises while keeping the flow of the argument consistent to show that the argument itself is invalid.

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument which was not advanced by that opponent.

www.google.co.uk... ia.org%2Fwiki%2FStraw_man&ei=Q0DLVeXdPIHpUt7lnKAL&usg=AFQjCNFymbcurS9s-tfvbwUw1l86uxmwHw&sig2=FJrLq3o8KqhIgKyBsGZiNw&bvm=bv.99804247,d.d2s

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Because PP was doing it! It's called market saturation. Why should a local clinic that probably operates on a shoestring budget dedicate valuable resources to testing for something that was ALREADY adequately covered by an organization that has a FAR larger budget?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I know what a strawman is. You are deflecting now. Your point in your OP is absurd. I've already answered why it is absurd and you are at this point just picking at small things to keep the argument going.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Because PP was doing it! It's called market saturation. Why should a local clinic that probably operates on a shoestring budget dedicate valuable resources to testing for something that was ALREADY adequately covered by an organization that has a FAR larger budget?

well had the funding that those PP clinics were getting was rerouted to those clinics (which is the proposition in the bill put forward by the gop) then they could have picked up the slack.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
and PP has had investigation after investigation concerning a multitude of charges, can anyone find anything where they have actually deliberately broken a law outside of maybe a zoning ordinance?
on this issue several states have done investigations and nothing illegal was discovered. that tells me that well if there is a problem, it's with the laws themselves. is it proper to kill off one group because of crappy laws that many groups is probably taking advantage of? it almost makes me wonder who's pet is among those other groups that is setting itself up for the windfall?? will they be held under the same microscope as planned parenthood or will they be so off the radar that they will be able to really do what planned parenthood has been accused of and well, enjoy a massive windfall after of course, giving their masters in congress their share of the profits!

show us where planned parenthood has broken the laws, without using these highly edited crap videos that have already been censored in some ways because laws were broken to gain access to the information in them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join