It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do women REALLY need Planned Parenthood?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

In some respects this area is good and bad lots of health care access for very low income and for high levels of income but the low middle class is kinda screwed.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I think a better question is "Why wouldn't you?"

many of their stated core services at this office are being done other places . why rent a building for 3 days a week sometimes 3 half days.

when the same services are available many other places open m-f 8-5 s 9-4 at either the one of 5 clinics or county health

It almost seems like you've got something against Planned Parenthood facilities, wherever they are, and whatever they're doing.

I am referencing this to the one here in my town .

While living in Denver ,Phoenix or Albuquerque Pp they seemed very good in those cities .

But I will hold my judgment on the National PP till current issues are resolved.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Lostinthedarkness

I see no reason to limit artificially the healthcare options available, particularly in the areas of birth control and STD prevention.

The "current issues" involve 4 or 5 sites at best, and a handful of people at those sites.

There are over 700 locations across the country. The "issues" are clear political hit-pieces.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Can I ask the question of, do we really need churches? With the huge number of churches across the nation, can we close a majority of them down? Unless they provide health services or social services. I mean, people can pray in other ways, they can have wedding services at other venues. Defund pp, close down churches. I can get behind that.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
Can I ask the question of, do we really need churches? With the huge number of churches across the nation, can we close a majority of them down? Unless they provide health services or social services. I mean, people can pray in other ways, they can have wedding services at other venues. Defund pp, close down churches. I can get behind that.

what does PP have to do with religion? and why would you WANT to shut down churches? merely because they get tax exemption? or because you hate christians?

and they do provide social services, they help the poor, feed the homeless, raise money for charity etc.....
edit on 02/08/2015 by kellyjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

Why de-fund non-abortion services at PP and not at other centers? There are plenty of places underserved excepting for PP's work. Plenty of places where PP's work has drastically reduced HIV infection and unplanned pregnancies, etc. What would be the logic? Doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Why de-fund non-abortion services at PP and not at other centers? There are plenty of places underserved excepting for PP's work. Plenty of places where PP's work has drastically reduced HIV infection and unplanned pregnancies, etc. What would be the logic? Doesn't make sense to me.

do you have any evidence that backs up your claim that PP are directly responsible for "drastically reducing hiv, and unplanned pregnancys"?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
if you look hard enough on these latest threads about these videos, there's quit a few posts that have been posted showing a relationship of planned parenthood being defunded and the rate of hiv skyrocketing....
conservatives are supposed to be for charity and against big gov't and their big budgets.
so let's see.....
conservative employers don't like having to provide birth control coverage because of religious beliefs...mind you there's some pretty big companies......so well, instead of the employer having to spend the money to do it, the cost is shifted over to the gov't, the taxpayer.....only well, it seems to be that many of these taxpayers also would have the same religious uneasiness about it....but well, they ain't a business so their beliefs don't amount to a hill of beans!!! but since the business has a problem will the taxpayer is left to do the "sin" in their place....of which.... the owners of the businesses are also taxpayers, so well , not sure just how effective it was except to draw a bunch of media attention to them...
and now well, some don't like abortion or planned parenthood for quite some time. although part of planned parenthood comes from gov't funds, alot of it comes from donations. so, well, na, we don't need it, get rid of them, and of course, the taxpayer again will probably take the brunt of the fallout and be paying for services that were once paid for by people willing to donate.

oh and another hypocrit falls out of the woodwork....

Carson defends his research on aborted fetuses
Neurosurgeon's research took place in 1992

www.wdbj7.com...

ya sure, the women are evil, planned parenthood is evil, but well the path of the tissue after those two are great and good!! and those on the higher steps will rake in prestige, and profit!!
but planned parenthood and women, well they are evil!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
if you look hard enough on these latest threads about these videos, there's quit a few posts that have been posted showing a relationship of planned parenthood being defunded and the rate of hiv skyrocketing....
conservatives are supposed to be for charity and against big gov't and their big budgets.
so let's see.....
conservative employers don't like having to provide birth control coverage because of religious beliefs...mind you there's some pretty big companies......so well, instead of the employer having to spend the money to do it, the cost is shifted over to the gov't, the taxpayer.....only well, it seems to be that many of these taxpayers also would have the same religious uneasiness about it....but well, they ain't a business so their beliefs don't amount to a hill of beans!!! but since the business has a problem will the taxpayer is left to do the "sin" in their place....of which.... the owners of the businesses are also taxpayers, so well , not sure just how effective it was except to draw a bunch of media attention to them...
and now well, some don't like abortion or planned parenthood for quite some time. although part of planned parenthood comes from gov't funds, alot of it comes from donations. so, well, na, we don't need it, get rid of them, and of course, the taxpayer again will probably take the brunt of the fallout and be paying for services that were once paid for by people willing to donate.

www.wdbj7.com...

ya sure, the women are evil, planned parenthood is evil, but well the path of the tissue after those two are great and good!! and those on the higher steps will rake in prestige, and profit!!

actually that was only in one state and theres no evidence to link that PP clinics closure to an outbreak of aids

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
wouldn't it be great if conservatives actually put as much time and effort to stop the wealthy of this country from getting government handouts, instead of the poor?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

what does PP have to do with religion? and why would you WANT to shut down churches? merely because they get tax exemption? or because you hate christians?

and they do provide social services, they help the poor, feed the homeless, raise money for charity etc.....

You don't see the similarity in the two arguments???

You know what else provides social services and help the poor besides churches??? Planned Parenthood.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

All those services you mentioned are provided at other facilities. It's not just a church exclusive. Unless you would suggest we defund those programs too and only allow churches to provide social and health services.
Why mention tax exemptions? I never brought that up. Nor did I bring up hating Christians. Projecting? Sounds like it to me.
I am merely asking if the shoe were on the other foot, would you be so quick to jumping on the "defund PP" bandwagon? PP gets defunded, ok, but how about some compromise, like, churches shutting down then? You take away something, but offer nothing in return. Typical. "Do as we say, not as we do".

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

You don't see the similarity in the two arguments???

You know what else provides social services and help the poor besides churches??? Planned Parenthood.

Irony isn't in the evangelical mind set. Quite sad actually because the whole concept of Jesus's teachings was to love thyself and everyone else. Not preach what your pastor tells you every Sunday. Critical thinking is dying and the Sunday service is slowly creating that death.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

so let's see.....

www.wdbj7.com...

actually that was only in one state and theres no evidence to link that PP clinics closure to an outbreak of aids

You asked for proof and when you get it, it's not enough? Wow. Now we see what we're dealing with. Yet a 2k year old book is all the proof you need to give your money and your mind to outdated principles.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Let me ask something else. Something that I never get an answer for when asked. Who's going to care for all these unwanted kids when they're born?? Clearly the parents don't want them or cannot care for them. Are you going to take all 50,000 of them in to your home???

Conservatives don't want to help pay for SNAP so they can eat, they want to pull funding for their Healthcare and their Education and most every other social service. So what happens to these kids when they're born??? If the parents even keep them they'll grow up in an environment where they are likely abused or neglected. They'll probably live on the streets or need to be supported by the system. That very system which is constantly under attack from conservatives.

You say you want them born for various reasons, but once here they're left to whatever harsh reality they face. They make nice cheap labor and good cannon fodder at some point but if not those they'll just be labeled part of the "Thug Culture" and become part of the prison system.

Personally I find abortion to be something that, whether you like it or not, is needed. It's far less cruel to end something before it starts than let it start knowing it will most likely be born into a cruel life full of neglect, suffering and problems.
edit on 13-8-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Let me ask something else. Something that I never get an answer for when asked. Who's going to care for all these unwanted kids when they're born?? Clearly the parents don't want them or cannot care for them. Are you going to take all 50,000 of them in to your home???

Conservatives don't want to help pay for SNAP so they can eat, they want to pull funding for their Healthcare and their Education and most every other social service. So what happens to these kids when they're born??? If the parents even keep them they'll grow up in an environment where they are likely abused or neglected. They'll probably live on the streets or need to be supported by the system. That very system which is constantly under attack from conservatives.

You say you want them born for various reasons, but once here they're left to whatever harsh reality they face. They make nice cheap labor and good cannon fodder at some point but if not those they'll just be labeled part of the "Thug Culture" and become part of the prison system.

Personally I find abortion to be something that, whether you like it or not, is needed. It's far less cruel to end something before it starts than let it start knowing it will most likely be cruel life full of suffering and problems.

im pro-choice...ask a pro-lifer

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

so let's see.....

www.wdbj7.com...

You asked for proof and when you get it, it's not enough? Wow. Now we see what we're dealing with. Yet a 2k year old book is all the proof you need to give your money and your mind to outdated principles.

again that isnt proof as there is no evidence that , that PP clinic closing was the cause for the outbreak...other PP clinics have closed with no aids epidemic ...so no you presented 2 different scenarios and tried to push them together with no proof

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

All those services you mentioned are provided at other facilities. It's not just a church exclusive. Unless you would suggest we defund those programs too and only allow churches to provide social and health services.
Why mention tax exemptions? I never brought that up. Nor did I bring up hating Christians. Projecting? Sounds like it to me.
I am merely asking if the shoe were on the other foot, would you be so quick to jumping on the "defund PP" bandwagon? PP gets defunded, ok, but how about some compromise, like, churches shutting down then? You take away something, but offer nothing in return. Typical. "Do as we say, not as we do".

avctually had you read my previous comments, i said i am in favour of an invstigation, and if it turns out that they have indeed been selling body parts for profit, those clinics should be defunded

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
double post

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

well come on, we have to compete with china and india now and well right now one of their advantages is that they can have child labor!!!

which, I do seem to recall some of the conservative knocking our child labor laws some.....

I mean, well, they seem to be working hard at driving down the wages for all but the very top of the pyramid.
they want to do away with the public school systems, privatize them..and well, once privatized, the tuition will be like every other necessity that the gov't subsidizes and will soon go beyond the means of alot of people..

gee, alot of kids with nothing to do......hey, let's put them to work, and of course the parents will agree since the wages they are earning are crap what else is there to do....

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join