It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do women REALLY need Planned Parenthood?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: kellyjay
clearly I am not the only one lacking knowledge in biology, since the egg is usually fertilized in the follopian tubes BEFORE IT ENTERS THE UTERUS and the dreaded IUD!!!

quote me where i said WHERE the fertilization takes place?

your fallacies are through the roof huh??

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

ya, well, here in the states, we are hearing alot about how people don't want to pay for the insurance that covers the abortions or the birth control even...
so I have to ask....
if the birth control or abortion could prevent such a nasty outcome....
why should it be treated any differently than any other healthcare need?

pretty sure medicaid covers abortions that are necessary and not elective

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Not really, as a fertilized egg is still a fertilized egg. If it can't implant in the uterine wall, the body aborts it and it never is born into a human.

Opponents of abortion believe that life begins at conception, so the IUD doesn't prevent conception, but rather the ongoing pregnancy.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Not really, as a fertilized egg is still a fertilized egg. If it can't implant in the uterine wall, the body aborts it and it never is born into a human.

Opponents of abortion believe that life begins at conception, so the IUD doesn't prevent conception, but rather the ongoing pregnancy.

there are contraceptions that stop the ovulation process....like the pill, so IUD, pill, condom, injection etc etc all still usefull to prevent pregnancy and something i support fully and that should be free to all

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

yes, and the only gov't funding that is going into abortions are those that ARE MEDICALLY NECESSARY! so all those who are griping about US funding going into abortion must be griping about having to save these women's lives!!
otherwise, hey, they are plenty of legal measures that can be taken to prosecute those who break laws.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

yes, and the only gov't funding that is going into abortions are those that ARE MEDICALLY NECESSARY! so all those who are griping about US funding going into abortion must be griping about having to save these women's lives!!
otherwise, hey, they are plenty of legal measures that can be taken to prosecute those who break laws.

or people are under the impression that their taxes are paying for ALL abortions....even congress and the republicans support medical abortions .

but please...carry on

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
IUD doesn't stop ovulation, it stops implentation and developement of the fetus. the pill isn't so effective that it doesn't prevent fertilization all the time and well, often kills the fertilized egg by making the environment too extreme....but inducing menustration regardless of fertilization...
condoms are a joke and not an effective birth control method.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

IUD doesn't stop ovulation, it stops implentation and developement of the fetus. the pill isn't so effective that it doesn't prevent fertilization all the time and well, often kills the fertilized egg by making the environment too extreme....but inducing menustration regardless of fertilization...
condoms are a joke and not an effective birth control method.

i didnt say it did, i said the pill

condoms work when put on properly and are usefull when combined with another form of contraception, they also help prevent some sti's

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

lol...tell that to two of my three kids!!!

they were concieved after my age was beyond the limit where the birth control was considered to be a healthy option for me and well, I am highly allergic to many things and didn't feel comfortably about the other alternatives and felt that condoms and spermacide was the safest option for me...
didn't work worth crap!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
ya they are "under the impression" because the right are constantly telling the same lies and half truths over and over again and well, when we come in and try to clear it up, well, they let off for awhile and then come back and play the same thing all over again!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

lol...tell that to two of my three kids!!!

they were concieved after my age was beyond the limit where the birth control was considered to be a healthy option for me and well, I am highly allergic to many things and didn't feel comfortably about the other alternatives and felt that condoms and spermacide was the safest option for me...
didn't work worth crap!!!

they arent as reliable as other contraceptives thats true, but like i said when combined with another contraceptive they add that extra layer of proctetion lol

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
ya, well, I still would go back to my statement,
ain't none of them 100% effective....
in many states women have lost way too many rights by becomming pregnant....
what, in one state you can't take any medication that might harm the fetus even under prescription without risking being thrown in jail if you happen to miscarry.....gee have a migraine??? oh, so sorry, you're gonna have to suffer through it, your baby's rights overshadow your right to be pain free!

and well, the right just seems to be pressing onward with it! it's not worth it, don't want a baby, don't have the sex. if your significant other can't live with this fine, buy him or her a sex toy and let them have fun!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

ya, well, I still would go back to my statement,
ain't none of them 100% effective....
in many states women have lost way too many rights by becomming pregnant....
what, in one state you can't take any medication that might harm the fetus even under prescription without risking being thrown in jail if you happen to miscarry.....gee have a migraine??? oh, so sorry, you're gonna have to suffer through it, your baby's rights overshadow your right to be pain free!

and well, the right just seems to be pressing onward with it! it's not worth it, don't want a baby, don't have the sex. if your significant other can't live with this fine, buy him or her a sex toy and let them have fun!!!!

no contraception is 100% effective, thats true and wont argue with that

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Do a google search. Tax dollars don't pay for abortions. The only time they do is in rare, extreme cases.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Do a google search. Tax dollars don't pay for abortions. The only time they do is in rare, extreme cases.

already been covered, they do in the UK though

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

already been covered, they do in the UK though

When did this discussion become about the UK?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

OK, I'll bite...

Google search "Tax dollars don't pay for abortions" turns up some pretty interesting results:

It’s an open secret in Washington. Despite the best intentions of the longstanding Hyde amendment, tax dollars continue to flow into the coffers of abortion providers and advocacy groups year in and year out.

Need proof? Just look at the latest report from the federal independent watchdog agency, the Government Accountability Office (GAO).

The study found that Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion provider in America, spent $1.5 billion in combined state and federal funding during a three-year window. But it’s not just them: Millions of dollars were also given to pro-abortion groups like the misleadingly named Advocates for Youth, which recently ran a Valentine’s Day campaign urging its followers to “Declare Your Love for Safe Abortion Care.” The report also uncovered $4 million in federal funding for the pro-abortion Guttmacher Institute, which has railed against commonsense abortion requirements such as mandatory waiting periods and informed-consent laws.

While the study took great pains to avoid explicitly stating that taxpayer dollars directly fund the abortion services and advocacy that occur at these businesses, common sense allows us to read between the lines.

Now that the jig is up on Planned Parenthood’s company line that tax dollars do not support abortions, Congress should right this wrong. For this reason, I have once again introduced the Title X Abortion Provider Prohibition Act, legislation to cut off access to Title X grants for “health care” providers that perform abortions. These grants are a significant funding stream for Planned Parenthood, rounding out $18 million of the organization’s budget during the reporting period used by GAO.

— Diane Black represents Tennessee’s sixth district in the U.S. House of Representatives.

Did You Know Your Tax Dollars Are Paying for Abortion Advocacy?

It’s safe to say that it’s no secret that Planned Parenthood’s cash cow is abortion. Each year, Planned Parenthood performs nearly 330,000 abortions. That’s a staggering 900 children murdered every day. That’s one abortion every 90 seconds. And what’s worse, your hard earned tax dollars are being used to fund the abortion industry as it commits this abhorrent practice.

The Government Accountability Office (GAO) has finally confirmed what we’ve been saying all along: Planned Parenthood is using your tax dollars to promote abortion—more specifically, 1.5 billion tax dollars over three years were used to promote abortion as “reproductive health care.”

However, the most disturbing part of it all is that there is absolutely no legal prohibition to these funds being used internationally to pay for abortion. Why? Because one of President Obama’s first acts in office was the repeal of the “Mexico City Policy” – a policy prohibiting U.S. taxpayer dollars from being used to fund abortions.

And though Planned Parenthood—the organization performing 40% of America’s (reported) abortions every year—claims federal funding does not directly fund abortion, it’s not feasible nor believable that a group performing hundreds of thousands of abortions annually could prevent cross contamination.

Simply put, big abortion is cashing in while attempting to maintain its innocence, and you, the American taxpayers, are footing the bill. It is time to defund Planned Parenthood.

Confirmed: Your Tax dollars are Funding Big Abortion

In a recent interview with Bound4LIFE, Dr. Michael New of Charlotte Lozier Institute backs up these statistics. “Most of Planned Parenthood’s revenue comes through performing abortions. Most people outside the pro-life movement don’t know that, because public campaigns by Planned Parenthood make disingenuous claims.”

Why Does Planned Parenthood Get $3.6 Billion in Tax Dollars When it Makes $700 Million From Abortions?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

when it was discovered that it wasn't relevant to the US??

and well, I would kind of compare the healthcare system as being close to what our insurance industry it....

so I don't know....
but we do have all these people griping about how their money (being paid into insurance) shouldn't be used for abortions, or birth control....

sometimes I wish we could go back to the time of country doctors who got paid in chickens and eggs....
the best doctor I even had was one of those!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

ya, I know they are all liers when they claim they don't use the federal funds for abortions, just like those nurses and doctors in brazil were lying when they said a nine year old wouldn't be able to deliver twins without adverse health effects!!!

gee can we have the same dang skepticism for our dear bankers and wall street gamblers for once and prosecute some of them please!!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Already been covered? The U.K.? What?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join