It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antanov An30 overflies the Uk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Due to an International treaty Russia is allowed to conduct 2 per year recon flights over the British mainland.With 6 Raf personnel on board the Antanov An30 flew low over the countryside with hi resolution cameras.
An30 overflight

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

At least we got to return the favour.

The spokeswoman said: “UK personnel completed a similar flight over Russia at the same time, one of four planned Open Skies missions to Russia in 2015.”

It's the Bear Bombers testing our defenses that bother me.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I agree with you there add in the Russian subs in our waters and it is quite scary. IF it did happen we would 'win' if you could call it that.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

You know your story is from May 2015 and i think it was covered on ATS at the time!

Edit - Yes it was covered www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12.8.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Here's the scary part :-

"India’s top guns have claimed they humiliated the cream of the RAF during a two-week exercise which offered British pilots a rare chance to go up against some of the latest Russian-designed fighter jets."

Local Paper telling a story

Obviously Tom Cruise wasn't taking part, Top Gun my arse. Bring back the Spitfire
edit on 2015-08-12T07:02:32-05:002015Wed, 12 Aug 2015 07:02:32 -0500bWednesday0208America/Chicago157 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

"India’s top guns have claimed they humiliated the cream of the RAF during a two-week exercise which offered British pilots a rare chance to go up against some of the latest Russian-designed fighter jets."

Obviously Tom Cruise wasn't taking part, Top Gun my arse. Bring back the Spitfire

You must remember that the "India's" are very well know for boasting and exssaterating to a point that its so extreme it seems real as people think noone could tell such porkies. I remember many years ago there was an army unit from the North who were building accommodations for the Indian army, the Indian army kept making fun of them because there wont real soldiers. What the Indians did not understand is that the builders were also among the best trained fighters for forest and arctic fighting who just happened to be builders as well and would of kicked the Indians ass in a fire fight. I have no doubt the russian fighters are among the best in the world but the India pilots are far from any thing that could be called good

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
the Antanov An30 flew low

You mean Antonov?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

And it's just fighter pilots bragging. Without knowing the parameters claims like that are meaningless.

Here's the official Indian statement:
pib.nic.in...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And it's just fighter pilots bragging. Without knowing the parameters claims like that are meaningless.

Here's the official Indian statement:
pib.nic.in...

Its nice that other people understand

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Indian pilots are actually very good. Their first trip to Red Flag, which normally ends in getting your head handed to you ended a lot better than anyone expected. If they had all their systems working and their own controllers they could have been as good as anyone else there according to some reports.
edit on 8/12/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

People who have worked with the India pilots have told me that they are "legions in there own minds", but it all about how things are looked at, every one thinks they are the best and perhaps its best to let them think this way.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Quite a few are, which is one of the reasons they have lost so many aircraft over the years. The pilots of their Su-30s have shocked quite a few people by being a lot better than they expected them to be.

You'd be surprised how many fighter pilots, from all over the world have that attitude though. The big difference though is that quite a few have the training to back it up.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

i agree with you compleaty, there are few things more dangerous than a country thinking they are the best then find out the hard way they are not.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

Bit off topic, but i was at a wedding last week near Biggin Hill and they had organised a spitfire flyby. Original one, flying past low for 10 mins, what a machine, what a sound.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

This is pretty meaningless to be honest, it's nothing more than a symbolic gesture intended to keep dialog and relations open between the UK and Russia.

There is nothing they can gain from flying over, just as we gain nothing from flying over Russia in return.

Everything of use is being gathered by intelligence, satellite and drone. With the hope being that Russia doesn't have the same (or better) capabilities. To be honest, they probably don't.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

This story is a nonsense. The Typhoons had all their fancy electronics switched OFF and the SU30s were fully switched on, the Indians knew this full well and knew the story would have been very different if the Typhoons were switched on. Silly propaganda, nothing else.

new topics

top topics

join