It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli comments of ‘Nagasaki and Hiroshima’ as model for dealing with Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mastronaut
This article seem to say that Ottoman history isn't exactly in favour of the invaders.

Except when you read all the way to the bottom where it says that the Jews had original sale deeds dating to back then too

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadcalm
a reply to: yuppa

Ill tell you why its called "palestine" the ROMANS renamded it from JUDEA as a punishment for revolts.

Regardless of who named it...it was commonly accepted as the land of Palestine for some 1500 years. It certainly was at the time of the Balfour Treaty and the Mandate for Palestine....therefore...logic dictates...that by definition....the people living there were PALESTINIANS.

As for the revolts you mention....why the revolts? It was because of a harsh OCCUPATION of another peoples land by invaders from Rome. Something to think about in relation to the current plight of the Palestinians.

The European Jews that flooded into Palestine after WW2 were not the original people who once inhabited the land that was once known as "Judea". Therefore they have no legitimate claim to anything. The only true Semitic people in Israel are the Arab Palestinians.

There have been Jews living in Israel uninterupted since the Romans

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

There have been Jews living in Israel uninterupted since the Romans

I did not claim that there wasn't. Funny enough....the two groups lived in peace until 1947-48 when the European Jews I mentioned flooded into historic Palestine and forced more than 700,000 Palestinian Arabs out of their homes and off their land. Some 500 Arab Palestinian towns and villages were emptied of their inhabitants to create Israel. I suggest you learn some history yourself and read about the Stern Gang and the mass expulsion of Palestinian Arabs from their homes. The Palestinians refer to it as the "Nakba"....however Israel has passed laws to deny Palestinians the right to observe this in an attempt to whitewash the whole affair. Some of the villages that refused to leave were slaughtered....every man, woman and child.

Were you also aware that modern terrorism as we know it began with the bombing of the King David hotel in Jerusalem by Jewish terrorists? See the Stern Gang I mentioned above. Manachim Begin....who was to become Israeli PM...was one of the bombers.

But I know you won't....in case you do, here are some links

Stern Gang
Zionist extremist organization

HERE

Hamas: A Pale Image of the Jewish Irgun And Lehi Gangs

HERE

Heres an interesting quote for you....

Furthermore, they maintain that the few (and regrettable) massacres that occurred - particularly the Deir Yassin massacre of 9 April 1948 - were the work of extremist soldiers associated with Menachem Begin’s Irgun and Yitzhak Shamir’s Lehi.

HERE

1948 Palestinian exodus

HERE

From the article linked above...

The 1948 Palestinian exodus, also known as the Nakba (Arabic: النكبة‎, "al-Nakbah", lit. "disaster", "catastrophe", or "cataclysm"),[1] occurred when more than 700,000 Palestinian Arabs fled or were expelled from their homes, during the 1948 Palestine war.[2]

The precise number of refugees is a matter of dispute[3] but around 80 percent of the Arab inhabitants of what became Israel (50 percent of the Arab total of Mandatory Palestine) left or were expelled from their homes.[4][5]

The causes are also a subject of fundamental disagreement between Arabs and Israelis. Factors involved in the exodus include Jewish military advances, attacks against Arab villages and fears of another massacre by Zionist militias after the Deir Yassin massacre,[6]:239–240 which caused many to leave out of panic; Arab evacuation orders; expulsion orders by Israeli authorities; the voluntary self-removal of the wealthier classes,[7] the collapse in Palestinian leadership,[8] and an unwillingness to live under Jewish control.[9]

The most moral in the world no less....LMAO

This idiocy is over. Please enjoy your day.

edit on 12America/Chicagopm122015-08-12T15:09:00-05:00pmWednesday08 by deadcalm because: edit to add

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Please explain what this has to do with the OP.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

This article seem to say that Ottoman history isn't exactly in favour of the invaders.

Except when you read all the way to the bottom where it says that the Jews had original sale deeds dating to back then too

Except you read it wrong, because it clearly implied that Ottoman records didn't show Jews deeds, that's why the palestinians were claiming forgery.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Well we know what it looks like as an Israel controlled territory.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname
Please explain what this has to do with the OP.

Honestly I'm not sure what 90% of this thread has to do with the Op.
it's just the classic Israel haters, Palestinian Holocaust players.
Israel does not want to nuke anyone.
Israel does not want to kill Palestinians.
Israel has done really screwed up stuff to Arabs and its own people over the years.
I am NOT one to deny it.
People mix up how this all started and how we got here.
The answer to all this hatred and bloodshed is not more hatred and bloodshed.
I believe Israel is the only real democracy in a sea of crazy and religious extremism
If you think israel is bad imagine if the whole area was controlled by imams.
Beheadings galore.
I'm here to at least give voice to a truth that doesn't involve Israel being a bloodthirsty evil murderous country

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Except you read it wrong, because it clearly implied that Ottoman records didn't show Jews deeds, that's why the palestinians were claiming forgery.

Except the article doesn't say if the Jewish deeds were in fact false

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Do you feel that it is responsible for the Israeli Defense Minister to use the nuclear bombing of innocent men women and children as an example of an option while discussing potential steps to be taken with Iran? Especially when the two countries are not at war….

If you feel that this is wrong and reprehensible, then you agree with the OP.

If you do not please feel free why you fell the way you do.

You do not have to respond to posts that are not based upon what was originally discussed if you do not want to.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: notmyrealname

Do you see how speech can be twisted.

"Was that a threat to Nuke Iran?" Only the OP has drawn and their Intifada mates that conclusion. It is NOWHETRE in the speech. The OP is trying to put words into your mind. Their source is called "The Electronic Intifada", which condones terrorism.

Clever, OP, but nowhere near clever enough.

Watch the video. I am not trying to put words or ideas in your mind, just asking you to let the man speak for himself. It is in English.

Why watch the video? I posted the official transcript link from the Israel Law Center for all to read. I also posted the entire quote for all to examine without cutting anything. There is no propaganda here just the facts. I went the extra mile to provide undisputed and complete access to all the material which I quoted from in the OP.

Besides posting generalities, kindly show me where in the OP that I changed any direct quotes or even took them out of context. I did not take one portion of the quote, I took the entire paragraph to ensure continuity.

So I ask you, what did I fabricate?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The "Palestinians "are in no danger of dying out.
They are breathing and breeding just fine.
hamas and the PA are taking tons and tons of aid money and using it for murderous agendas.
As long as they are in perpetual struggle with Israel they will get funded from outside sources as well.
Israel has no idea how to handle this situation.
I think the best solution is to give the Palestinians their own state and cut off allthe utilities currently being provided for free from Israel

Your comments are improper. I do not think that whether a people are "dying out" has any relevance at all to the OP or any other rational discussion. Your comments regarding breeding are disgusting in my opinion and not worthy of a response.
If all you can discuss is how human beings are reactingto being oppressed and killed indiscriminately as an excuse for that is ongoing in the region then shame on you.

The Palestinian people were given their own land in 1967. Israel took it back and then some. How can you not see what has happened? Are you completely blind?! Here is a simple accurate and true pictorial of what has happened for your apparent lack of understanding:

get the picture?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Do you feel that it is responsible for the Israeli Defense Minister to use the nuclear bombing of innocent men women and children as an example of an option while discussing potential steps to be taken with Iran? Especially when the two countries are not at war….

You do not have to respond to posts that are not based upon what was originally discussed if you do not want to.

I believe politicians across the world are idiots.
Doesn't matter which flag they bs for.
I believe netanyahu looked like a fool with that Wile E Coyote bomb at the UN
I believe they are trying to make a very valid point in a very stupid way.
I do not believe in nuclear proliferation.
Yet at the same time I know is real would not be on the map today were it not for a nuclear deterrent.
iran does not need a nuclear deterrent.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
That so-called map is an outrageous misrepresentation
The British came up with the partition plan.
the " Palestinians"( Egyptian Lebanese and Jordanians) chose to decline the land granted them in the partition and attack the Jews instead.
Which happened over and over again.
Which is why the map looks the way it does.
I can't recall in history where an aggressor who lost the war was granted their land back without restriction

edit on 12-8-2015 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Then counter it with something.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I believe politicians across the world are idiots.
Doesn't matter which flag they bs for.
I believe netanyahu looked like a fool with that Wile E Coyote bomb at the UN
I believe they are trying to make a very valid point in a very stupid way.
I do not believe in nuclear proliferation.
Yet at the same time I know is real would not be on the map today were it not for a nuclear deterrent.
iran does not need a nuclear deterrent.

The bottom line is that Western intervention led to these problems. The Jews and Palestinians lived in peace prior to the Wes's intervention. The so called Nuclear Deterrent that you refer to is illegal.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

That so-called map is an outrageous misrepresentation

Here it is nice and factually simple (again in pictures):

(Oh, bye the way, the war was officially against egypt in Sinai however Israel conducted it on the Palestinians as well)

Pre 1947:

1947 Partition Plan:

1967~ Now:

Now compare that to the first picture…:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

So according to the very map you supplied isreal captured land from Jordan with "Palestinians"(jordanians) living on it? In 1967?
So you are saying Palestinian land was occupied by Jordan?
And the Gaza Strip was captured from Egypt with "Palestinians" (egyptians)living there?
Were the Palestinians occupied by Egypt?
Or just realize that these are just displaced Jordanians and other ethnic arabs on the losing end of the aggressors war

edit on 12-8-2015 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
By the way as long as we are talking maps..
Where do you think the names of all these cities came from?
Jerusalem was named by King David.
Beer Sheba
Yaffo,
Hebron, named by the original Hebrew inhabitants.
Who now watch strangers trash in their historical monuments.
They destroyed the tomb of Joseph.
And many more historic sites

I suppose it's only a crime when other Arab terrorists do it

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

My advice to Israel is be very transparent about your actions and act within International Law.

That is advice that has always fallen on deaf ears when Israel is concerned - as history has shown.

Minimise child and civilian casualties as far as possible for humanitarian reasons and because this is the enemy's best propaganda tool.

You obviously lack critical thinking, empathy, and compassion by stating the above. Allow me to explain:

The word "minimize" in your above comment clearly shows that you lack a certain degree of empathy and compassion. You see, an empathetic and compassionate soul would demand, for humanitarian reasons, that there should be absolutely NO innocent loss of civilian lives due to geopolitical war campaigns.

Now, a mind that lacks critical thinking might be inclined to state something foolish such as:

"In military campaigns, innocent loss of civilian lives is unavoidable."

However, as true as that statement is, I reiterate: An empathetic and compassionate individual would not allow silly geopolitical talking points override the humanitarian element in their thought process and public commentary. An empathetic and compassionate soul would state for humanitarian reasons on social media:

"No innocent civilian lives should be lost on either side."

...but you did not do so.

In your comment, instead of weighing in from the human element, or humanitarian perspective involved, and displaying empathy and compassion towards the loss of human life of an innocent child as being heart and gut-wrenching, you reduced it to a sterile inhumane view of seeing the murder of children as being: "the enemy's best propaganda tool."

Unbelievable...

I personally would much rather see battles fought in the court room, with diplomacy and by lawyers and diplomats rather than missiles.

I agree. Now, you are displaying a humanitarian view.

Anyone who launches a missile strike against Israel will be met with a swift response, simple as that. They are interpreting International Law.

That's a fair statement. I appreciate fair-minded and commonsense individuals in this world.

When a civilian launches a missile towards Israel without any loss of life and only incurs property damage, the IDF will respond in accordance with international law. Cool...

Therefore, based on your words (thought process) I just quoted above:

How should Palestinians (or any other international body) respond to the burning alive of a 14 month baby in accordance to international law...?

West Bank toddler's death sparks international condemnation

www.cbc.ca...

Again, if Israel can launch extremely harsh bombing campaigns over structural building damage by missiles launched by civilians without any loss of life incurred which is condoned by many as a legitimate reason; then what should be done about the burning of an innocent 14 month old BABY to death by an Israeli citizen?

Have you ever experienced what it is like to burn your finger within only two seconds?

Can you even begin to imagine (empathize) the degree of excruciating pain and torment that 14 month old baby endured?

Jesus H. Christ! Where is the humanity in some people that live in Israel?!

Btw, I have been to Israel (and many other parts of the world). Beautiful place, lovely people, and scenic land.

Shalom means "Peace"

Salaam Alaikum means "May Peace be upon you"

...and neither side adhere to it in "the Holy Land."

So, let's talk about nuking the hell out of other people because of geopolitical rhetoric.

i.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 12-8-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Except the article doesn't say if the Jewish deeds were in fact false

Apart it would open a big can of worms and derail the thread, I don't see how this has anything to do with my sentence that you quoted earlier. Ottoman archives don't seem to be in favour of the occupants.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join