It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli comments of ‘Nagasaki and Hiroshima’ as model for dealing with Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

So do tell. Why my isreli arab neighbors in Jerusalem are such sweethearts

It is a regular occurrence in east Jerusalem that families, who have lived there long before the formation of Israel, are booted out of their homes so that Israelis can move in. They are routinely denied building permits that are given to Israelis like candy to children. What else do you honestly expect? For them to prostrate themselves before you and kiss your feet? Don't forget that East Jerusalem is considered occupied territory under International Law....and moving settlers in is a violation of International Law.

and if i drive a few miles over to gaza they would shred a jew to pieces by hand?

Could it have anything to do with Israel's crushing blockade of the strip? Could it have to do with 50 years of military occupation and periodic slaughter? Could it be that they are tired of seeing their homes and children blown into chunks? I really don't know what else you think that these people should do. When they peacefully protest they are beaten, gassed or shot.

Use your head man...if you were doing that to me I'd be launching rockets every chance I got until you did the right thing....the humane thing and set my people free.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Why is egypt blowing up Palestinian controlled tunnels?

Pressure from the Israeli government. Please remember that Egypt is currently under a military dictatorship...one that is solely funded by the United States...Israels best ally in the ME. See the connection?

Why do these tunnels terminate under isreali territory?

I can only guess...but I'd say they were looking to pull another Gilad Shalit style operation. But it would be a total lie to say that they ALL terminate under Israel, which they don't...as you stated above....EGYPT is also destroying the tunnels....or are you contradicting yourself?

Why are there 1.2 million Arab israelis who live like civilized human beings?

Because Israel isn't destroying their homes...blowing up their children or slaughtering them thousands at time...although they do still have their land taken from them arbitrarily as I mentioned in my other post to you.

Besides the fact that never before 1948 was there ever such a thing as the "Palestinians"

Then why was it called the "Mandate for PALESTINE"?

Why do maps that predate the formation of Israel label the land as PALESTINE? Wouldn't that make the people who lived there PALESTINIANS?

FOUND HERE

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: deadcalm

Oh because the Palestinians have ever tried being non violent for more than 3 or 4 months in a row.
Again you fail to address the 1.2 million Arabs who are living as Israeli citizens peacefully.
the Palestinians have broken every ceasefire ever made.
Their peace plan means pushing all the Israelis into the Mediterranean.
I believe giving them their own state where they are responsible for all of their own necessities is the only solution.
And if they decide to still be aggressive then at least we have a country to declare war on

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
sadly, the country acting and talking nazi style the most (of the developed world) is israel.
far right party? no problem!
treating muslims like seconds class citizens? no problem!
nukes instead of negotiations? also no problem!

a country that reminds the whole world permanently of the ww2 atrocities really should'nt act that way, imo.

edit on 12-8-2015 by anticitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Oa reply to: deadcalm

I never said all the tunnels terminate anywhere.
but the millions of tons of concrete would have been better spent on hospitals or housing for the supposedly homeless Palestinians.

The Druze, Bedouins, and other ethnic arab-israeli serve in the Israeli army and upper levels of government.
It's called being a civilized human.

It was called the Mandate of Palestine.
meaning everyone who lived there was a Palestinian. Christian Jew and Arab

The modern day Palestinians are left over riffraffs from jordan Lebanon and Egypt who would not accept them back

edit on 12-8-2015 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Again you fail to address the 1.2 million Arabs who are living as Israeli citizens peacefully.

I think you need to go back and re-read my post...I clearly dealt with it...assuming you are suffering from some sort of brain fog...let me reiterate

Because Israel isn't destroying their homes...blowing up their children or slaughtering them thousands at time...although they do still have their land taken from them arbitrarily as I mentioned in my other post to you.

the Palestinians have broken every ceasefire ever made.

Utter garbage. I can't take you seriously if you start throwing out lies like this. NEXT.

Their peace plan means pushing all the Israelis into the Mediterranean.

How exactly could they do that? They have no tanks, helicopter gunships, no navy, no army, no air force, no artillery, no laser guided munitions, no nuclear weapons....what they do have are unguided home-made rockets (which rarely hit anything) and some AK's.

Israel on the other hand has the 6th largest military on Earth with the absolute latest in offensive and defensive weapons.

So I'll ask again....how exactly would they achieve this?

I believe giving them their own state where they are responsible for all of their own necessities is the only solution.

Finally....something we can agree on. Too bad the Israeli government will never allow that to happen.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I never said all the tunnels terminate anywhere.

Sure you did....and I quote

"Why do these tunnels terminate under isreali territory?"

You also inferred that there were tunnels under Egypt as well when you stated that they were destroying tunnels.

millions of tons of concrete would have been better spent on hospitals or housing for the supposedly homeless Palestinians.

Where do you get these figures? Can you link me one credible source?

Has your argument fallen so low that you now wish to argue semantics? I have seen it expressed both ways in the history books. *sigh*

meaning everyone who lived there was a Palestinian.

I thought you said there were no such thing as Palestinians?

The modern day Palestinians are left over riffraffs from jordan Lebanon and Egypt who would not accept them back

You are crossing into the land of crazy again....steady there son.

I also want to note that I have patiently answered all of your questions and have given my comments on your posts....yet you have not extended the same courtesy to me...not surprising though.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Didnt say "ALL".
It takes concrete rebar and lots of other supplies to build a huge tunnel underground.
Supplies that can be used elsewhere.
So you are saying Israelis are good to some Arabs yet not good to others?
Do you suppose that Israel would be better to Palestinians if they were firing thousands of rockets over their border every year?

Notice I had Palestinians in quotation marks.
The so-called Palestinians of today which are allegedly refugees and downtrodden people Are all originally From Egypt Jordan and Lebanon.
Before the British Mandate it was called Transjordan

. before that it was controlled by the Ottomans.
Like I said there was never a people or a nation called Palestinians

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: notmyrealname

Please can I urge members here not to just take the OP's word for this. They are misrepresenting the speech.

Please watch the video for yourselves and you will see the OP has twisted this speech. They are using propaganda on you. Make your own mind up. Don't just listen to people like this who have a very clear agenda of their own.

Watch the video!
The speech is intelligent. It is not that of a crazy man as the OP is suggesting.

Op, I must say you know how to deal out propaganda.

Don't just accept this crap being spouted. WATCH THE VIDEO and let the man talk for himself:

"We are committed to Israeli law, We are committed to International law",

"We will warn civilians".

Do you see how speech can be twisted.

"Was that a threat to Nuke Iran?" Only the OP has drawn and their Intifada mates that conclusion. It is NOWHETRE in the speech. The OP is trying to put words into your mind. Their source is called "The Electronic Intifada", which condones terrorism.

Clever, OP, but nowhere near clever enough.

Watch the video. I am not trying to put words or ideas in your mind, just asking you to let the man speak for himself. It is in English.

It is obvious that you are overly single sided on this issue; I am not. I understand that horrible things have been committed from both sides. That being said, I understood that there would be people that would like to state that I misquoted or twisted words so I also included a transcript of the speech which was written by the Israel Law Center for those, like myself, that would rather read. Please explain how you would justify the following quote:

"In certain cases we might take certain steps that we believe ... should be taken in order to defend ourselves. I mentioned the discussion about the interception of the rockets positioned on civilian houses. We decided to do it. I can't imagine some other step that should be taken.
Of course, we should be sure that we can look [in] the mirror after the decision or operation. Of course, we should be sure that it is a military necessity. We should consider costs and benefits, of course, but at the end we might take certain steps.
I do remember the story of President Truman, who was asked, "how did you feel after deciding to launch the nuclear bombs at Nagasaki and Hiroshima, causing at the end [200,000 fatalities]?" And he said, "when I heard from my officers that the alternative is a long war with Japan, with potential fatalities of a couple of million, I saw that it is a moral decision."
We are not there yet. But that's what I'm talking about: certain steps in cases in which we feel like we don't have the answer by surgical operations or something like that."

How does the correlation of the dropping of large plutonium bombs on an entire city to what is going on in Palestine/Israel even remotely considered fine?!

How does one justify the next quote that announces that they will target civilians and children follow the comment about following the law?

“we are going to hurt Lebanese civilians to include kids of the family. We went through a very long deep discussion … we did it then, we did it in [the] Gaza Strip, we are going to do it in any round of hostilities in the future.”

Read the official transcript and then rant. I have not spun anything nor have I taken it out of context. The denial many feel could be that they are unable to break their own bias or brainwashing. It is not personal, it just is.

Most in the west do not even know the truth about what has happened in Palestine. For this interested in an easy to follow organized explanation that did not make it to MSM read here:

If Americans Knew

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadcalm

Why is egypt blowing up Palestinian controlled tunnels?

Pressure from the Israeli government. Please remember that Egypt is currently under a military dictatorship...one that is solely funded by the United States...Israels best ally in the ME. See the connection?

Why do these tunnels terminate under isreali territory?

I can only guess...but I'd say they were looking to pull another Gilad Shalit style operation. But it would be a total lie to say that they ALL terminate under Israel, which they don't...as you stated above....EGYPT is also destroying the tunnels....or are you contradicting yourself?

Why are there 1.2 million Arab israelis who live like civilized human beings?

Besides the fact that never before 1948 was there ever such a thing as the "Palestinians"

Then why was it called the "Mandate for PALESTINE"?

Why do maps that predate the formation of Israel label the land as PALESTINE? Wouldn't that make the people who lived there PALESTINIANS?

FOUND HERE

Ill tell you why its called "palestine" the ROMANS renamded it from JUDEA as a punishment for revolts. LAter on Scholars would take up the name instead of Judea because it discredited the Jews living in the area. The romans also destroyed al previous maps with JUDEA on them as well to make the insult stick. Many years later they would discover its previous name but instead of correcting a roman war crime kept it th e same. polotics.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Victims of a Holocaust advocating a future Holocaust , how ironic.

If you watch the speech and listen then you will quite clearly understand that this was not mentioned as the OP is trying to make it out to be. Please address that. Tell me where the Law Centre speech said anything about nuking Iran. It is not mentioned at all.

Israel work closely with the US and Netanyahu has even gone along with the U.S on the Iran deal. He does not like it and many see it as a future error, but he listens to the U.S and works closely with them. There is no Final Solution in Israel to exterminate Palestinians is there. There are no gas chambers. Israel fights a military war and bombs military targets. Their enemy is so ruthless they launch the missiles from houses and schools.

Firstly, explain to me why the USA would need to consult or involve Israel in any transaction with a separate and individual sovereign nation; your arrogance in that statement is beyond disturbing. What the USA does should be in the best interests of the people of the USA and not any other country. The US is not currently working closely with Israel, it is trying to stop the tantrums of a petulant little country that thinks it should run the world.

BTW, the Palestinians did not start the war, Israel did. You had enough banking and political/religious might to gain favor with the west, gain arms, training and support for your genocidal venture however the Palestinians received no support and now have to resort to any means JUST TO SURVIVE!

History does not serve you well and your arguments are old and stale.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

The "Palestinians "are in no danger of dying out.
They are breathing and breeding just fine.
hamas and the PA are taking tons and tons of aid money and using it for murderous agendas.
As long as they are in perpetual struggle with Israel they will get funded from outside sources as well.
Israel has no idea how to handle this situation.
I think the best solution is to give the Palestinians their own state and cut off allthe utilities currently being provided for free from Israel

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

It takes concrete rebar and lots of other supplies to build a huge tunnel underground.

No it doesn't....all that is required is lumber and shovels. Which is exactly what they used. Some entrances and weak parts of the tunnels were reinforced with concrete....but certainly not the entire tunnels....most are just dirt.

So you are saying Israelis are good to some Arabs yet not good to others?

Yes...that is exactly what I'm saying. Well done!

However...having been to Israel numerous times....I can tell you Israel still has a very long way to go in terms of equal rights for the Arabs.

Do you suppose that Israel would be better to Palestinians if they were firing thousands of rockets over their border every year?

Go back and read that question again....it makes NO sense. Do you need a time-out for some coffee before we continue?

Notice I had Palestinians in quotation marks.

Oh really....and I quote once again....

meaning everyone who lived there was a Palestinian.

No quotation marks....perhaps you`re not a clever as you think.

The so-called Palestinians of today which are allegedly refugees and downtrodden people Are all originally From Egypt Jordan and Lebanon.

Whom is it other than rabid Zionists that are allergic to the truth, is making this claim. Notice you said ``allegedly``

Before the British Mandate it was called Transjordan

No it was not. Did you even look at the map I sent you....TransJordan was clearly marked to the EAST of PALESTINE.

Like I said there was never a people or a nation called Palestinians

You have contradicted yourself so many times on that point, I`m not quite sure what point you are trying to make anymore.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

The numbers do not lie:

133 Israeli children and 2,061 Palestinian children
have been killed since September 29, 2000.

“The majority of these [Palestinian] children were killed and injured while going about normal daily activities, such as going to school, playing, shopping, or simply being in their homes. Sixty-four percent of children killed during the first six months of 2003 died as a result of Israeli air and ground attacks, or from indiscriminate fire from Israeli soldiers.”

Source,

a coalition of groups calling for an end to the killing of children and a fair resolution of the conflict. which was last updated on July 21, 2014. The list does not yet mention all of the 527 children killed by Israel in the current assault on Gaza.) Note: A child is a person aged 17 or younger.

At least 1,198 Israelis and 9,139 Palestinians
have been killed since September 29, 2000.

At least 11,440 Israelis and 72,935 Palestinians
have been injured since September 29, 2000.

The U.S. provides Israel $10.2 million* in military aid each day,
while it gives the Palestinians $0** in military aid.

Israel is the target of at least 77 UN Resolutions
and the Palestinians are the target of 1.

Up to 0 Israelis are possibly being held prisoner by Palestinians, while 5,750 Palestinians are currently imprisoned by Israel.

The Israeli unemployment rate is 6.6%, while the Palestinian unemployment rate in the West Bank is 16 and 45.1% in Gaza.

Israel currently has 163 Jewish-only settlements and
98 "outposts" built on confiscated Palestinian land.

Palestinians do not have any
settlements on Israeli land.

Do you still want to speculate and pontificate; why don't you try and dispute these numbers. If there are errors, the errors will not benefit the Israel side of the discussion simply due to not being completely current to the time of this posting.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Ok mister. Please read some history.
History. Transjordan.
Ottoman control of israel
edit on 12-8-2015 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: yulka
The most fantastic Israelis i have ever met,shows love in a way that is impossible for a human. The most self centered and hating people i have met are Jewish.

Absolutely disgusting comment. You are playing on some grotesque caricature and falsehood. That is very racist. I would never say such a thing about your people. You are quite frankly barbaric to say such race hating things. Again, you have not commented on THE SPEECH.

Is it more or less disgusting than these comments?

In a 1 August posting on his Facebook page, Feiglin, a member of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s ruling Likud Party, calls for the “conquest of the entire Gaza Strip, and annihilation of all fighting forces and their supporters.”
“This is our country – our country exclusively,” he writes, “including Gaza.”
Feiglin’s posting is the text of a letter he addressed to Netanyahu.

Israeli president Moshe Katsav

"There is a huge gap between us (Jews) and our enemies, not just in ability but in morality, culture, sanctity of life, and conscience. They are our neighbors here, but it seems as if at a distance of a few hundred meters away, there are people who do not belong to our continent, to our world, but actually belong to a different galaxy." The Jerusalem Post, May 10, 2001

Ehud Barak, Prime Minister of Israel:

"The Palestinians are like crocodiles, the more you give them meat, they want more" August 28, 2000.

Menahim Begin:

" [The Palestinians are] beasts walking on two legs." speech to the Knesset, quoted in Amnon Kapeliouk, "Begin and the Beasts". New Statesman

Israeli General Matityahu Peled:

"The thesis that the danger of genocide was hanging over us in June 1967 and that Israel was fighting for its physical existence is only bluff, which was born and developed after the war." Ha'aretz, 19 March 1972.

Chairman Heilbrun of the Committee for the Re-election of General Shlomo Lahat, the mayor of Tel Aviv:

"We have to kill all the Palestinians unless they are resigned to live here as slaves." October 1983

Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon:

"Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that . . . I want to tell you something very clear: Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it." - October 3, 2001, to Shimon Peres, as reported on Kol Yisrael radio.

Rabbi Yaacov Perrin:

"One million Arabs are not worth a Jewish fingernail." Feb. 27, 1994 [Source: N.Y. Times, Feb. 28, 1994, p. 1]

…I could go on however you should get the picture of what is disgusting and not reported in MSM so that people here remain ignorant to who the true protagonists are and were….

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Care to make a point?
So nobody who hasn't been there can have an opinion on official data released by every side? We can only go by the usual narrative where palestinians = terrorists or we are clowns?

Please tell us why we should take your opinion in more consideration than thousands of civilian/military/institutional reporters that, independently from their bias, seem to make the same picture with the same interpretation of facts. Then one side justify the slaughter and the other doesn't but nobody negates the death toll, nor the timelines of events.

It's you who have been biased by something you saw there or lived by yourself. I am sorry for you, but don't try to mistify facts with subjective interpretation of evidence.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Ill tell you why its called "palestine" the ROMANS renamded it from JUDEA as a punishment for revolts.

Regardless of who named it...it was commonly accepted as the land of Palestine for some 1500 years. It certainly was at the time of the Balfour Treaty and the Mandate for Palestine....therefore...logic dictates...that by definition....the people living there were PALESTINIANS.

As for the revolts you mention....why the revolts? It was because of a harsh OCCUPATION of another peoples land by invaders from Rome. Something to think about in relation to the current plight of the Palestinians.

The European Jews that flooded into Palestine after WW2 were not the original people who once inhabited the land that was once known as "Judea". Therefore they have no legitimate claim to anything. The only true Semitic people in Israel are the Arab Palestinians.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Ok mister. Please read some history.

Did you even read the link you posted? It refers to TransJordan and Palestine as two separate entities and that TransJordan was to be excluded from the Mandate of Palestine.

Not to mention that I linked a historical map from 1920 that CLEARLY shows TransJordan and Palestine as TWO separate entities...not one.

I also wish to point out once again....that you have not dealt with any of the points I raised or answered any of the questions I asked YOU.

I have extended as much courtesy to you as I'm going to. You are like talking to a wall.

edit on 12America/Chicagopm122015-08-12T14:22:47-05:00pmWednesday08 by deadcalm because: edit to add

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This article seem to say that Ottoman history isn't exactly in favour of the invaders.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join