It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romanian, 67, pregnant with twins...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Romanian doctors say a 67-year-old woman is seven months pregnant with twin girls after fertility treatment.
If the pregnancy comes to full term, it is believed that Adriana Iliescu, an author and academic, will become the oldest recorded mother.
Mrs Iliescu told local television she had always wanted to be a mother but had been unable to conceive naturally. She says she is optimistic about her future as a mother, claiming her family has a history of longevity.

Last year, a 65-year-old Indian woman gave birth to a boy.
Schoolteacher Satyabhama Mahapatra from Nayagarh in Orissa had been impregnated with an egg from her 26-year-old niece that had been fertilised by her husband. It was the first child for Ms Mahapatra and her husband who had been married for 50 years. (BBC)...

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Wow 67 years old. I wouldnt want to be the docter in that delivery room.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

LMFAO

This is impossible, how can a 67 year old being expecting twins? those kids will have old parents. Think of the problems they may face at school

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
All the best to her. Hopefully she lives a long life so that her children will know and remember her.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Dude......that has burnt a horrible, horrible image into my mind....thanks!!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If you think that's crazy,than check this one out..

Russian city of twins continues to puzzle scientists
In 2004 there"s been a real "twin boom" in the Russian town of Kirov and scientists still have no idea as to how to approach the matter.
Nowadays, the department's laboratory is conducting various experiments to study the effects on bio and electromagnetic fields on the natural process of cell division during meiosis. Scientists use lab rats in their experiments due to some of their similarities to the human organism. Although this is still an ongoing research, one thing has already been determined: the lower the mammalian class, the higher is the chance for twins to be born.
Twin miracle ??..
In 2004 there's been a real "twin boom" in the Russian town of Kirov and scientists still have no idea as to how to approach the matter. In the meantime, the entire array of twins and triplets in the region is considered to be mere coincidence. However, according to medical statistics, one out of 100 people is a twin couple. As for triplets, they are born in every 7 000-10 000 couple. After taking a stroll through one of the town"s districts, one can easily begin doubting the statistics. The city"s population barely reaches 500 000 and identical couples (or even triplets seem to be everywhere). pravada.ru....

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Here's an update...

A 66-year-old professor who writes children's books claims to have become the world's oldest woman to give birth, and doctors said today she and her day-old baby daughter were in good condition in intensive care.

Doctors at the Giulesti Maternity Hospital in Bucharest said Adriana Iliescu became pregnant through in vitro fertilization using sperm and eggs from anonymous donors. They said she delivered her first child, Eliza Maria, by Cesarean section on Sunday and that a twin sister was stillborn.

"The child is eating a bit of glucose," Dr. Mirela Ranga, a hospital spokeswoman, said Monday. "Mrs. Iliescu is still in intensive care, but she is moving around. She is expected to go see her daughter a bit later."

News of the birth at one of the capital's leading gynecological clinics sparked debate in Romania over the ethics of women beyond the age of fertility having babies. One church official said it was shocking.

more

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I am 35 and have twins, but I have no idea why at 67 you would want to have children. I love my two, but they keep me hopping. They wear my very healthy youthful 62 year old mother out within a couple of hours.

Geez, at 67 enjoy life, travel, all you have worked for!

(I had my kids at 30, and if I had had them in my 20s I would have had alot more energy!)

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by llpoolej
I am 35 and have twins, but I have no idea why at 67 you would want to have children. I love my two, but they keep me hopping. They wear my very healthy youthful 62 year old mother out within a couple of hours.

Geez, at 67 enjoy life, travel, all you have worked for!

(I had my kids at 30, and if I had had them in my 20s I would have had alot more energy!)

I know exactly what you mean, llpoole.
They certainly keep you busy, and I can only imagine how hard it would be for a 67 year old to keep up with a youngin, especially in those early days when there's little sleep.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I had 2 boys, and i'm waiting till im 70 to have the girl.
They dont call me fertile Myrtle for nothing

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
First of all, this is wrong, SO wrong... She is 2 generations apart from her children, so they will live two entirely different lives! And she would only live to see them turn 20 or so..

Anyway, one of the girls died at birth. The other one (1.5 kilos) is just fine.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
UPDATE ::: Romanian, 67, pregnant with twins...

She was rushed into hospital as 1 of the babies died, so they decided to deliver the other, Said to be well,

She gave birth to twin girls, but one of the girls is said to have died shortly afterwards.

The surviving child was said to have weighed 3lbs and was in good health.

When she became pregnant, Mrs Iliescu said she had been able to accept the idea that "I would not have children" and described it as "the happiest time of my life".

skynews link to story

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Edit: Post deleted

[edit on 18/1/05 by Heartagram]

[edit on 18/1/05 by Heartagram]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
All the best for the 67 year old mom!

Though that's way too old to be mom man.Probably the kid would grow up thinking they're raise by and came out from granny.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Nice to know the ole girl's still got it... Hubby must not have a computer to keep him occupied at night...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
ok first of all as a 19 year old i have to say that hearing about old people still having sex is kinda grosse LOL!

on a more serious note...
i have to say that i feel really bad for the children. Their parents probably won't even be around long enough to watch them grow let alone be active enough (we all know they are sexually active..i mean the other kind
) to go out and really do things with them. I think this was really irresponsible. And if the kids are lucky to still have their parents around when they are teenagers the kids are going to have the responsibility of looking after their parents instead of it being the other way around.

kind regards,
DigitalGrl

top topics

join