It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buproprien

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
So.....
my S.O. has been prescribed this medication.
Tonight, he did not remember an entire conversation about one of the kids...
He says "You did not tell me this yesterday". Well, I did.
I told him exactly where we were both sitting, his response, and the end of the story.

He swears he doesn't remember any of it.
He said that for the past few days at work his co workers have said about the same things.
Of course I read the info sheet when he brought it home. '
Forgetfulness was listed as a possible side effect but, this is stranger than that. Also, I'm pretty sure this is a little different than the usual "yes honey, yes dear" and not really listening...

Just wondering if any of you have a personal experience with this medication ( not you personally just a personal story) and what you experienced...

Thanks in advance!

ETA he began the med on the 4th...
edit on 11-8-2015 by TNMockingbird because: forgot date

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I did a search for it and all that comes up is a psych article and this post and tries to redirect to bupropion. I would say to see their Doc soonest. Better to be safe.
edit on 8/11/2015 by trontech because: wrong drug

edit on 8/11/2015 by trontech because: cause

are you sure its spelled right. Rare side effects of this nature are listed for Bupropion.
edit on 8/11/2015 by trontech because: more info

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Dose might be too high.

You could suggest disregarding the Doctors' advice and take a half of one instead.

I used to take it, it helped me quit smoking when I was a teenager. I wonder what else it did.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I got off of it about two months ago. It made me a lunatic and gave me the mental capacity of Patrick from SpongeBob SquarePants. It also caused anxiety-type side effects like hyperventilation and palpitations. I didn't suspect the med at first and thought I had just finally lost it, but when I went to my doctor about the side effects, she thought the symptoms were caused by worsening depression. Total BS. She upped me dose and I got even worse. So I quit it cold turkey, which isn't really recommended.

I have been on various drugs off label for chronic migraines for years, but that did it for me. I stopped everything. Now two months later, I feel like I haven't felt in years in a good way. That stuff is poison, at least to my body. I am sure it helps some, but not me. It made me feel like I was dying. And I too had memory issues. I wouldn't stop in if he needs it, but I clearly didn't. I fired my doctor.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Talk to your pharmacist. Unless anyone on here is one they can't give you the info you need. No offense to them, just the guys ans gals behind the counter have his other medications and what not to look at.
edit on thTue, 11 Aug 2015 22:12:26 -0500America/Chicago820152680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I took it for a while to help quit smoking. It's also used for low level major depression. It has a low incidence of sexual side effects compared to other AD's. The most intense reaction I had was super vivid semi-lucid dreaming. I don't remember any bouts of forgetfulness....

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
My Ex-wife was on it, for like 1 yr from a doctor, and then for 2 years on her own from a doctor friend many states away.

Then stopped abruptly when I brought it up in court.

Doctor's supervision is required when going on and off this stuff. Draw your own conclusions.......

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Maybe I DID spell it wrong..
Bupropn HCL 150 MG XL tan anc

Strange...

So I googled again exactly like it is above and this came up.

Wellbutrin

I've heard/read about Wellbutrin before...prob on
ATS!!!!
We thank you for your responses...I will get to the bottom of this.
He said tonight after me and his brother talked to him that he wanted to just stop and I realize it has only been a week but, I told him don't...let me research and we could call the doctor in the morning. His brother saw some other things in his behavior that I hadn't seen.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Talk to your pharmacist. They will have all the meds and can evaluate what might be side-effects and/or cross-effects from other medications. If the drug you are referencing is bupropion, (aka Wellbutin, Zyban and several other brand names) it is a tricky one. There are any number of restrictions that should be considered before taking it.
I knew a patient that ignored the early side-effects and only got attention to the problem when he went into seizures. Something as simple as a concussion can make a huge difference in the way this drug acts on the brain.
Drinking alcohol while on this med is extremely dangerous since it can dramatically change the effects. I couldn't begin to count the numbers of patients I've seen in the ER due to patients on this or other antidepressants thinking that beer didn't count as "drinking alcohol."
I don't mean to alarm you but the memory lapses you are noticing could well be the result of small (petit mal) seizures so I would talk to the pharmacist at once and then to the doc. DON'T JUST STOP IT. Talk with the professionals.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Thank you!
Those are the stories (personal) I wanted to hear...
He drinks so...probably not good He took his dose tonight.
I will tell him in the morning. I think he should stop.

On a side note: the little idiosyncrasies that are out of the norm one would really have to be looking for, I am used to him not listening and such lol.
Scary...I thank you!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: trontech

I had misspelled it...
I think
Not sure they all look the same in google

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I wonder too. I think that he should just stop and call the Doctor.
He has other health issues so, maybe not something to play with...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I had those sorts of dreams when I took Chantix.

People look at me crazy when I tell them I rather enjoyed the dreams!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
He needs to be on the phone with or standing in front of his pharmacist tomorrow morning reporting what is happening to him. He doesn't need to just stop the medication without supervision.
When I said the drug is tricky, it is because it is one of the rare drugs that act on the brain to uptake dopamine as well as release it. A concussion in the past, other brain barrier-crossing drugs, or liver impairment can drastically alter the effects of the drug.
Happily, the side-effects aren't usually permanent, they disappear when the drug gets out of the body.
I would be very concerned about his ability to drive if he is having significant memory lapses. Going into even a "small" seizure while driving could be very dangerous.
I've been out of pushing business for a lot of years but this drug I remember because it was removed from the market after so many hospitals reported the seizures it caused after it was first released. I was astounded when it was let back on the market by the FDA.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

He needs to be on the phone with or standing in front of his pharmacist tomorrow morning reporting what is happening to him. He doesn't need to just stop the medication without supervision.

If you do nothing else heed this advice .

I am no fan of these type of medications but they do work for some and the doc and pharmacist know better then us.
Unless of course anyone on this thread is one of them.

Do not just stop taking the medication, he may need to be tapered off and for good reason.

edit on thWed, 12 Aug 2015 00:33:55 -0500America/Chicago820155580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

Dose might be too high.

You could suggest disregarding the Doctors' advice and take a half of one instead.

I used to take it, it helped me quit smoking when I was a teenager. I wonder what else it did.

Brilliant post....Really I LOL.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I've been on the drug for two years now. Same dosage (150) too. My memory is shot. I have the memory of a goldfish. I thought maybe it wa a just me. It never occurred to me that it could be the prescription. That actually makes me quite anxious to f4ind out. I am going to call my doctor tomorrow about it.

I take bupropian and lexapro together to help with anger issues. It works like a charm. The only thing that ever has. But now, I need to look into this.

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I took it for a while for depression.
It did make me quit smoking...even tho I didn't even know it would do that.

But, it also sent me into a constant low level manic state. I'm not kidding when I say I had to iron everything I put on with starch. I didn't even notice till I realized I was ironing my underwear one day. Then I knew something was wrong.

Admittedly, after suffering so long from depression, I rather enjoyed being slightly manic, I got so much sh!t done

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Dr.s are pill pushers. The pills are killing and maiming people. Yet people keep obediently swallowing them.

Does that seem odd?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Wellbutrin turned me into Superman...

I wasn't depressed anymore. My dosage was too high. I had a full-on seizure in Steak and Shake. Yeah, I put the Shake in the name.

I quit taking it for years. Managed with effexor. Then, my now ex had me taken to the er and they prescribed it again. Mind you I was there for a head injury and had a blood alcohol content around .42. Native blood will do that to you.

I got back on it and it helped control my hunger, i curbed my drinking to stay on it, it does block nicotine from being "felt". Not that I smoked a lot, just a little here and there.

I took two slow release per day and valium to take the edge off of the wellbutrin. It was an awesome combo.

The sexual side effects cost me a relationship after I broke up with my wife. Not to be crude, but you simply can't ejaculate on that stuff. And the woman I was seeing wanted kids with me.

Then, the dark times...it finally built up in my system enough that I kept having seizures. Not so bad at first. But I stroked out in Target before meeting my kids the day after Valentine's day. Then three weeks later, I had one that nearly did me in. I stopped breathing. I dont remember the first two days because I was in a coma in the icu. I only remember my now girlfriend of three years visiting me barely.

I LOVE that drug and what it did for me. Can I take it anymore? NO!
And before anyone gets judgy with me, I wasnt using alcohol at the time of my seizures because that is a bad mix. If I had been, I'd be a dead man now.

Just my experience...everyone is different. Listen to your psychiatrists/neurologists. Dont take psych meds from a general practitioner.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join