It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: ‘Top Secret’ emails found on Clinton Server

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: smitastrophe
a reply to: Indigo5

I actually agree with each and every one of you about the other private email servers. If anything, when this story broke long ago I did not know that was an acceptable practice and was kinda shocked actually. I don't think that should be permissible, at any level of government. You can setup your own personal server, but for sending/receiving government related correspondence that should be done in house. Some sort of centralized system, where all government employee emails are kept. I thought that was how things worked to begin with, that's why I was kinda blown away by it.

there you go....and of course it should be a law, I agree with that 100%...and there should be money allocated for it...doing the countries business cost money...they need to update hardware and the software to make this government function more efficiently, that actually will save time and money in the long run.
the feds are still using floppy disks for storage...
www.businessinsider.com...
and they have data base systems that are 20 years old and are easy to hack....
www.latimes.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: UFGarvin

Being sent information that later becomes classified by someone else is not the same as "sending classified material".

You can't control what someone else decides to send you. It would be like blaming me for an unsolicited racist email a friend sent me. I didn't ask that person to send it to me, I had no idea they would send it to me, but there it is.

This whole meme about data classified after she received the emails and therefore gets to claim "officer I didn't know it was a 35mph zone" excuse is falling flat for me just as it would for the officer writing the ticket.

Inspector General contradicts Clinton "Emails Were Classified When Recieved"

Inspector General Steve Linick and Intelligence Community Inspector General Charles McCullough, III, said in their joint statement released late Friday afternoon.

“These emails were not retroactively classified by the State Department; rather, these emails contained classified information when they were generated and, according to IC classification officials, that information remains classified today,” the inspectors general said.

Why do you folks keep repeating same ole same ole when the IG's directly said different on Friday - I'll repeat the IG's words in bold,

These emails contained classified information when they were generated, These emails were not retroactively classified

Please don't cite BS sites like CNS..Conservative News Station...the "Right" news right now..

I had to track down the actual statement vs. the CNS spin..

Yesterday the Office of the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community (IC IG) sent a congressional notification to intelligence oversight committees updating them of the IC IG support to the State Department IG [attached].

The IC IG found four emails containing classified IC-derived information in a limited sample of 40 emails of the 30,000 emails provided by former Secretary Clinton. The four emails, which have not been released through the State FOIA process, did not contain classification markings and/or dissemination controls. These emails were not retroactively classified by the State Department; rather these emails contained classified information when they were generated and, according to IC classification officials, that information remains classified today. This classified information should never have been transmitted via an unclassified personal system.

IC IG made a referral detailing the potential compromise of classified information to security officials within the Executive Branch. The main purpose of the referral was to notify security officials that classified information may exist on at least one private server and thumb drive that are not in the government’s possession. An important distinction is that the IC IG did not make a criminal referral––it was a security referral made for counterintelligence purposes. The IC IG is statutorily required to refer potential compromises of national security information to the appropriate IC security officials.

www.mediaite.com...

"four emails containing classified IC-derived information "
"did not contain classification markings and/or dissemination controls"
"An important distinction is that the IC IG did not make a criminal referral––it was a security referral made for counterintelligence purposes."

Yes the "information" was "derived" from classified materials..
No..those emails themselves were not and are not classified..
They will be now that they have been officially reviewed, cuz now they are official docs in an investigation and under an FOIA request.

The Inspector General went out his way to note this is not a criminal matter...

Because if sharing information "derived" from classified materials was a crime in DC, everyone would be in jail.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Well, if this story had the teeth to it everyone here claims -- I'd at least like to see it on more than just conservative blogs, tv channels, and one newspaper conglomerate source. There hasn't been a peep about this on CNN, HLN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NYT, Wall Street Journal, USA Today (the list could go on).

I really think the tinfoil is a bit to tight to honestly believe there is some media conspiracy to keep this from the press. It's on Fox News -- and that's the highest watched cable news network.

No, if this had real teeth the other networks and news outlets would pick it up, even begrudgingly.

Besides, there are enough Democrats who don't like Clinton...

I quoted a NYT article on this yesterday.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

This whole email server in her basement or whatever was known about before her announcement to run for POTUS.

Remember...If it wasn't for the Benghazi hearings...we would never have heard about Hillary's private server in her basement.
Obviously, Hillary never expected to be called out on Benghazi either.
Simply put...She did what she did...knowing full well it was illegal and put national security at risk...because she thought she would never be caught.
Lets also assume (with a high probability of reality) that top secret information which could put covert human assets at risk was stored and routed through her secret and unsecured, home-brew basement server.
Lives could very well have been lost because of her greed and paranoia.

federal government computers are crap
federal agencies are still using COBOL software that was developed in 1959...
fcw.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
If they didn't have strong beliefs that something was going on they wouldn't be spending all this money to investigate something that wasn't illegal.

Holy Sh*& you haven't been watching the news for the past 8 years have you??

I am waiting for the Congressional Investigative Committee to convene to investigate the Presidents daily bowel movements....Does he fold or crumple the tissue? AMERICANS HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
Next up..other gov employees that opted for a Private email server..

Jeb Bush...while Governor of Florida..And during the infamous recount
Scott Walker ...Two of Walker's associates were convicted of political campaigning on government time.

Of course people in government are allowed to have their own server at home...THEY ARE NOT, however, allowed to conduct government business (especially classified and Top Secret government business) on their own server.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

The vast right wing conspiracy.

China Hacked private emails of U.S. officials since 2010, NBC reports

So, yes Hillary's "Clintonemail.com" was hacked. This was discovered by The NSA.

(Reuters) - Chinese hackers have been accessing the private emails of top U.S. national security and trade officials since April 2010, ....

The officials' government email accounts were not vulnerable to the hacking because they were on more secure systems,

..... The hacking coincides with Hillary Clinton's use of a private email account as secretary of state from 2009 to 2013.

And yes, Blumenthal was emailing her on Clintonemail.com

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

My source reported correctly, the same EXACT wording is right there in the middle of your cited quote.

"These emails were not retroactively classified by the State Department; rather these emails contained classified information when they were generated"

Spin it however you want but there is the money quote.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Thanks for the confirmations !!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Scott Walker ...Two of Walker's associates were convicted of political campaigning on government time.

Of course people in government are allowed to have their own server at home...THEY ARE NOT, however, allowed to conduct government business (especially classified and Top Secret government business) on their own server.

You are confused...Both Jeb Bush and Scott Walker used personal email servers for work.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

You are confused...Both Jeb Bush and Scott Walker used personal email servers for work.

Were they involved with sensitive top secret national information?

[email protected]

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I Google searched US Secretaries of State.

Scott Walker didn't come up. Neither did Jeb Bush... whoever he is.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well yeah.
Didn't you know that Milwaukee is the Capital of the US now. They took over for Sarasota for the summer.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Reply to INDIGO:

If they (Bush and Walker) exclusively did government 'Top Secret' business on their secret personal servers like Hillary did...then they should have a criminal investigation brought against them just like Hillary Clinton has.

There is no excuse for knowingly putting national security at risk. Period!

edit on 12-8-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

My source reported correctly, the same EXACT wording is right there in the middle of your cited quote.

"These emails were not retroactively classified by the State Department; rather these emails contained classified information when they were generated"

BINGO!
edit on 12-8-2015 by IAMTAT because: highlighting

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

The vast right wing conspiracy.

China Hacked private emails of U.S. officials since 2010, NBC reports

So, yes Hillary's "Clintonemail.com" was hacked. This was discovered by The NSA.

(Reuters) - Chinese hackers have been accessing the private emails of top U.S. national security and trade officials since April 2010, ....

The officials' government email accounts were not vulnerable to the hacking because they were on more secure systems,

..... The hacking coincides with Hillary Clinton's use of a private email account as secretary of state from 2009 to 2013.

And yes, Blumenthal was emailing her on Clintonemail.com

Again...you are conflating two things..

No..what you posted was that China hacked US Officials private emails...and they cite Gmail..

Then you conclude with the statement that Hillary Clintons private email was hacked.

While the article simply points out that the hack coincided with when Hillary had her Private email server.

It does not say that her server was hacked.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Jeb Bush used his private e-mail account as Florida governor to discuss security and military issues such as troop deployments to the Middle East and the protection of nuclear plants, according to a review of publicly released records.

www.washingtonpost.com... a2816_story.html

So...there is that...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Maybe the Chinese hacked Scott Walker's personal email and got the top secret recipe for Johnsonville Brats.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

BINGO!

Double Cover-all Bingo !!!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: xuenchen

Well yeah.
Didn't you know that Milwaukee is the Capital of the US now. They took over for Sarasota for the summer.

With Walker...he used the private email server to obfuscate the campaign laws...well at least that is the suspicion since two of his aides got convicted for breaking them via their emails. We will never know about Walker, cuz unlike Hillary, he never turned the emails over.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join