It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: ‘Top Secret’ emails found on Clinton Server

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Whats the over under in vegas for hillary to do some hard time.

There is a 0% chance Hillary will go to prison. So far there aren't even charges against her. Her server had material on it that was later deemed classified, but at the time she was using it, it wasn't.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Whats the over under in vegas for hillary to do some hard time.

There is a 0% chance Hillary will go to prison. So far there aren't even charges against her. Her server had material on it that was later deemed classified, but at the time she was using it, it wasn't.

Now that they have the server, even more dirt will come out.

Everything prior to the server release was coming from the Clinton Campaign.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

That's not critical thinking, nor logical. That's hopeful desperation.

Indictment or not, this lady is a criminal. And I think you are right, she was so confident that she could use her own personal email server for government business and get away with it. "And if I want to ever get rid of my emails, I can just have Bob in IT wipe the server, Muuahahaha!"

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

and yet Colin Powell, the secretary of state before Hillary, also had a private e-mail server...
www.politico.com...

but, he was republican, so no harm, no foul....and apparently, no hypocrisy.

Oh but that server had a specific purpose.

They knew it was insecure, and they threw bait info to lure the enemies into false conclusions.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: jimmyx

a secretary of state having top secret e-mails.

You forgot this:
On an unsecured private server.

I'm shocked!!!

So...she didn't lock the back door...

At the end of the day this doesn't have teeth.

Dick Cheney's Chief of Staff intentionally leaking the identity of an undercover CIA operative as payback for disputing the false evidence for war?

That had teeth...

Cheney got by with his hallmark "eff off" and Scooter got a Pardon...

It is a bit comedic to see the same right wing demand that Hillary go to prison for having an insufficiently secured email server.

Good luck with this line of BS...truth being told, I feel a little bad for the right wing that they feel desperate enough to try and make hay out of this.

Your best opportunity to beat Hillary is not through dressing up your cat as a lion and hoping no one looks closely..

Your best opportunity would be putting forth an alternative that doesn't suck...and no, Donald Trump does not count.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: smitastrophe
Everyone is missing the point, but it has been stated. HOME BASEMENT EMAIL SERVERS ARE A NO-NO.

And she deleted more than half of the emails on that server, I'm sorry. Putting politics aside that is criminal.

It is not criminal, and at the time Clinton was Secretary of State it was not illegal to have a private server.

originally posted by: xuenchen
Now that they have the server, even more dirt will come out.

Everything prior to the server release was coming from the Clinton Campaign.

It doesn't matter what comes out. Even if Hillary did something illegal here and she gets convicted she will not do a day of prison time. Congress and the President will not go down the route of throwing unpopular members of former administrations in prison. If it's Hillary today, next year it's Cheney, and in 2018 whatever side loses the majority in Congress gets indicted. It's a recipe for a civil war. There's a reason one of the last acts of a president when they leave is a blanket pardon for their administration as they leave office.

The most this can do is knock Hillary out of the running for president.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: smitastrophe

That's not critical thinking, nor logical. That's hopeful desperation.

Indictment or not, this lady is a criminal.

Sorry..but I LOVE that post...

You open with demanding critical thinking and logic and follow with...indictment or not she is guilty!

Lord help me...where to go with that kind of invulnerability to reasoned thought.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: UFGarvin

Being sent information that later becomes classified by someone else is not the same as "sending classified material".

You can't control what someone else decides to send you. It would be like blaming me for an unsolicited racist email a friend sent me. I didn't ask that person to send it to me, I had no idea they would send it to me, but there it is.

Hillary has been in government long enough to have the common sense to allow oversight of her emails due to situations EXACTLY like this one.

She had to know that some of her correspondence might be classified or someday end up that way but she used a private server anyway. As smart and savvy as everyone knows she is, she never stopped to say "this seems like pretty sensitive info... I should make sure it's handled properly" ?????

The server issue shows gross negligence at the very least.

Or a "I don't give a fu*k I'm above it all" attitude. Or even better, "I'm going to continue to do crooked business because I've been getting away with it my whole life so why stop now".

And whats worse is most of the american public could care less she broke the law and then lied about it. They continue to allow politicians too break the law and lie to their faces. What would be wrong for us is also wrong for them. Why do they get a whole different set of rules?
edit on 8/12/2015 by ZenTam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

this is exactly why Hillary acts paranoid, she has good reason to because every republican or right-winger will go to any lengths to have a "gotcha moment"....this will continue until the election.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Dick Cheney.
This is all about Dick Cheney.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Hmmm... And why would you think that it isn't being reported or being downplayed by left-wing media? Of course the right wing media is blowing it up, possibly bigger than it is, but that's because of the complete lack of coverage by the left.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Next up..other gov employees that opted for a Private email server..

Jeb Bush...while Governor of Florida..And during the infamous recount
Scott Walker ...Two of Walker's associates were convicted of political campaigning on government time.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Dick Cheney.

He is always good measuring stick for what the right wing will abide as long as it is "their guy"..

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

a reply to: UFGarvin

Being sent information that later becomes classified by someone else is not the same as "sending classified material".

You can't control what someone else decides to send you. It would be like blaming me for an unsolicited racist email a friend sent me. I didn't ask that person to send it to me, I had no idea they would send it to me, but there it is.

This whole meme about data classified after she received the emails and therefore gets to claim "officer I didn't know it was a 35mph zone" excuse is falling flat for me just as it would for the officer writing the ticket.

Inspector General contradicts Clinton "Emails Were Classified When Recieved"

Inspector General Steve Linick and Intelligence Community Inspector General Charles McCullough, III, said in their joint statement released late Friday afternoon.

“These emails were not retroactively classified by the State Department; rather, these emails contained classified information when they were generated and, according to IC classification officials, that information remains classified today,” the inspectors general said.

Why do you folks keep repeating same ole same ole when the IG's directly said different on Friday - I'll repeat the IG's words in bold,

These emails contained classified information when they were generated, These emails were not retroactively classified

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
Next up..other gov employees that opted for a Private email server..

Jeb Bush...while Governor of Florida..And during the infamous recount
Scott Walker ...Two of Walker's associates were convicted of political campaigning on government time.

Officer, why didn't you stop the guy that passed me? I was only doing 90 and he must've been doing at least 110

Whatcha think the officers gonna do?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I actually agree with each and every one of you about the other private email servers. If anything, when this story broke long ago I did not know that was an acceptable practice and was kinda shocked actually. I don't think that should be permissible, at any level of government. You can setup your own personal server, but for sending/receiving government related correspondence that should be done in house. Some sort of centralized system, where all government employee emails are kept. I thought that was how things worked to begin with, that's why I was kinda blown away by it.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Dick Cheney.

dick cheney?....nah....only other countries want to put him in prison, not America....

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
She doesn't care about anyone else but herself and her power.

...You forgot her $$$$$$!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
If they didn't have strong beliefs that something was going on they wouldn't be spending all this money to investigate something that wasn't illegal.

She had been running this server for years. You think the government didn't know about it?

I think most of you are missing the bigger picture.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

This whole email server in her basement or whatever was known about before her announcement to run for POTUS.

Remember...If it wasn't for the Benghazi hearings...we would never have heard about Hillary's private server in her basement.
Obviously, Hillary never expected to be called out on Benghazi either.
Simply put...She did what she did...knowing full well it was illegal and put national security at risk...because she thought she would never be caught.
Lets also assume (with a high probability of reality) that top secret information which could put covert human assets at risk was stored and routed through her secret and unsecured, home-brew basement server.
Lives could very well have been lost because of her greed and paranoia.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join