It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: ‘Top Secret’ emails found on Clinton Server

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: IAMTAT

hmmm...guess you are going to have to keep hoping for a smoking gun.

Clinton aides have maintained that nothing on her server was classified at the time she saw it, suggesting that classified messages were given the label after the fact.

John Kirby, a spokesman for the State Department, said that was the case with two emails, adding that it remained unclear "whether, in fact, this material is actually classified."

"Department employees circulated these emails on unclassified systems in 2009 and 2011, and ultimately some were forwarded to Secretary Clinton," Kirby said Tuesday. "They were not marked as classified."

www.nbcnews.com...

Again, that is according to "Clinton Aides"...so there's that.
The IG, FBI and DOJ perhaps has a different interpretation.

No..that is according to John Kirby of the State Department ..It's not a scenario that is open to interpretation. They have time and date stamps associated with when the material was classified as TS or TS/SCI and the material was not classified until after it was emailed to Clinton. There is no Interpretation to be had around time and day of classification.

If they were to retroactively prosecute people for security leaks after they decide to classify certain data or info most of the alphabet agencies would have 80% of their people in jail.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Do you really think a Secretary of State doesn't know what should be classified as Top Secret? C'mon.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue
a reply to: Gothmog

This all depends on what classification of "Top Secret" the documents are . And whether or not her "What does it matter?" will work again. This will be her defense. Deflect from the issue as much as possible. It will be spun into sounding insignificant.The part about it being classified emails will not matter. And of course , she will find something to lock those emails down.

Intelligence was classified as TOP SECRET - SPECIAL COMPARTMENT ED INTELLIGENCE which is about as high as you can get

Change "was" to "is now, but wasn't then" and you are accurate..

Again,....you're putting a lot of faith in what "Clinton Aides" said.
Consider the possibility that they might have a vested interest in propagating that version of the truth.

For effs sake...it was in your OP...you were just too busy seeing what you wanted to see to notice..

and that two emails on her private account have been classified as “Top Secret.”

Not "were classified"..

"have been"...as in they have been classified, but were not classified at the time..otherwise they would have said "were classified"..

Stop thinking what you want, take off the partisan glasses...and just think and read..

The gov classifies new stuff as TS/SCI all the time...The State Department (not Clinton aides) clarified this and the Inspector General who released this information stated the same...HAS BEEN ...Deemed Classified...NOT "WAS CLASSIFED"..

Just clarifying reality here..not engaging in ideology or politics by doing so.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Seems it only had to have classification beyond last date HC claimed there was no classified data - just a few months in my recollection to make her a liar.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Do you really think a Secretary of State doesn't know what should be classified as Top Secret? C'mon.

The gov Classifies and unclassifies all kinds of nonsense all the time...and this was sent to her by aides..so ask her aides if they should have predicted that the gov would have classified that information as TS at some point in the future..

You can hate on Clinton without the mental gymnastics...this particular avenue looks like a dud.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

So...she's supposed to eye every. single. email. with the eye of "should this be top secret or not...hmmm" -- you do realize that TEAMS of analysts make the decision to classify documents, right?

Clinton, like Obama isn't super human with extraordinary powers of fortune telling.

If it turns out that these the information contained within the emails was classified after she got them, I don't really see what can be done to her.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
How very "Nixon-esque" of her. Why do these idiots always keep records? I would have thought the real reason to use your own servers is so you can burn them in the fireplace and be safe in the knowledge your misdeeds are hidden.

Egos of assholes never cease to amaze me.

Let's remember Hillary was involved in the Watergate investigation.

She learns fast, and the lessons last.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the information.
Partisan glasses aside...National security glasses on...the woman knowingly transmitted through and stored on potentially Top Secret and sensitive government information on an unsecured personal server in her basement. A clear illegality and risk to national security. It defies logic that she (Secy Of State) didn't know she was jeopardizing national security.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
If she had used the secure system provided by The Government to send
and receive, there is a classification drop down that must be used
to complete the send.

Yes, it is her problem. Her mess. Frankly, if she had any brains at all
she would have never done this, such a stupid thing.

I bet China and Russia have been having a hay day with
the hacks, and Hillary has NO one to blame.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

So...she's supposed to eye every. single. email. with the eye of "should this be top secret or not...hmmm" -- you do realize that TEAMS of analysts make the decision to classify documents, right?

Clinton, like Obama isn't super human with extraordinary powers of fortune telling.

If it turns out that these the information contained within the emails was classified after she got them, I don't really see what can be done to her.

If retroactive prosecution of gov workers for sharing previously unclassified material with no marking of being classified is the plan...then half the population of Virginia and DC are going to jail.

This is where people's ideology and dislike of a Pol makes them claim things that objectively seem absurd.

I am no Hillary fan, but not only doesn't this dog hunt but it's not even a dog..

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
What about the people sending her these emails? I mean anyone can send me something illegal to my email address, it doesn't mean I *asked* to be sent something I shouldn't be in possession of.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be something if Hillary insisted on a "private" server for sinister purposes.

Like maybe blackmail and international espionage.

Perhaps she had a plan to compromise the Obama Administration in vengeful and jealous ways.

2008 was a deflating event for her.

Stranger things have already happened.

edit on Aug-11-2015 by xuenchen because: spy vs spy hillary@nomail

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
If she had used the secure system provided by The Government to send
and receive, there is a classification drop down that must be used
to complete the send.

And what difference would have that made since the material was not classified at the time? Nor for the two years prior that the same material had been shared amongst State Dept. employees?

Again folks...go ahead and hate or dislike...but think too...don't let your dislike for the woman make you dumb or gullible...think it through.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well, she is done for as a candidate now.

Other people mishandling classified material like that would end up in prison.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

What about the people sending her these emails? I mean anyone can send me something illegal to my email address, it doesn't mean I *asked* to be sent something I shouldn't be in possession of.

She would have been fine if she had used the secure system.

The home brew in the basement, nada.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

The potential is very high that Chinese or Russians hacked it as there's been ongoing attacks discovered on US government offcials private emails since 2010.

Hers having a high probability of having foundation as well as sensitive personal and governmental documents leaves her open to foreign bribery or influence were she ever to attain her goal of being president.

That reason alone should disqualify her without question from holding office ever again.

She is compromised and did it to herself.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Okay, but who knowingly emails top secret stuff to a non-governmental email address? Shouldn't THOSE people be hung out to dry?

I never know who's going to email me what. That's like saying it's my fault I got some Spam.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

That's the entire point why she shouldn't have been conducting any government business on her own network.

I only work with procurement sensitive info but if I ever sent any of my stuff over a private server I'd be written up at least, and would probably lose my warrant.

Honest question to those saying this isn't a big deal, have you ever held a TS/C clearance?
edit on 11-8-2015 by SonOfThor because: spelling (stupid phone)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I am no Hillary fan, but not only doesn't this dog hunt but it's not even a dog..

I'm sorry, but the IG, DOJ and FBI think definitely Hillary is a dog and it's hunting her.
THIS is an official Criminal investigation...Yes?

edit on 11-8-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Man you're trying too hard. This was an unforced error on her part. No one but Hillary chose to circumvent protocols and use her own server for official correspondence.

Has anyone asked her why? What prompted this decision? What purpose was it to serve? She had to know the rules/protocols/law. She's a lawyer as well as the person responsible for our diplomatic relations with world governments. If it was merely a foolish error, we don't need a fool running the most powerful military on the planet as leader of the free world. She should have just gone off into the sunset enjoying her ill gotten gains.
edit on 19440Tuesdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join