It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 25-Episode History of Mystery Science Theater 3000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hey! MST3K fans. Did you know this is the show's 25th Anniversary? What am I asking, of course you did.

I found this which purports to list what they consider to be 25 of the most important episodes in the show's history. Not the best (or worst) if you will, but most important in terms of the overall development of the show.

If you were like me, I used to sit in line when they debuted new MSTs at my college theatre. I saw Mitchell this way.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
In a not so distant future...

Love me some MST3K, thanks for the link!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Will be looking at this a little later!
Loved it back in the day!

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Thanks for the post. I had not realized it was the 25th anniversary. Wow, I am old. Gonna catch "Manos: The Hands of Fate" today.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Was a fav of mine, though I missed Joel. The intro reminded me of Get Smart with the doors, and lost plenty of soda through my nose while watching. Hard to believe it's been 25 years--thanks for the link and a chuckle!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
My all time fav, "space mutany"

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
These were fun episodes, I've tried to find decent quality copies but to no avail, Happy 25th Anniversary.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Happy 25th to one of my favorite shows of all time.

"Eastman! He came from the East to battle the amazing Randoooo!"

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
They tried to kill him with a fork lift. OLE!

I have the Manos/Santa Claus Conquers the Martians official release but I also downloaded the KTMA episodes and the Fugitive Alien episodes. I also have the movie which has some of my favorite riffs.

"Inserting the breakfast pastry"

"I can see the Cubs losing from here" and

"Now I know how the world sounds like to Pete Townsend".

So many evenings BITD spent with this show. Many beers were consumed and many more laughs were had. Jack Perkins, anyone?

Surprising to find out that Manos looks better than the way we know it. Too bad they couldn't get a plot, or even get the sound right as it had to be dubbed by two guys and a girl. I just might have to spend a few ducats and get that when it comes out. I might hate myself for doing it as the movie is very terrible, nay, rather extremely frikking awful and I might lose the few marbles I have left banging around the cranium by watching it.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Pod People. That one is my fave.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Crow & Tom Servo were always my favorites. I used to stay up till midnight to catch it on comedy central way back in the 90's.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I always loved that show. It's the combination of good old B movies and the commentary I like so much.
They have episodes on youtube.

new topics

top topics

join