It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant UFO's

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

edit on 11-8-2015 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

I have had contact of the fourth kind , and can assure you , they were of the benevolent kind .... maybe another time

What's their problem then,they can't help a cousin out or are they too good for that?

K~

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Segenam
....and when i look at just how many of those huge craft were 'on site' within minutes of that tether breaking, and 'lighting up' ... and all the other instances he has recorded, of many crafts zooming about doing stuff ..

soo many of them here so quickly ... my biggest question is .. 'what are they doing up there' ... ...

The grown-ups on the site have offered us the opportunity to restart this discussion properly. Kudos, moderators.

Interpreting the STS-75 videos has been made difficult by leaving out a lot of useful information, and by putting in mistaken interpretations about the time line.

As can be determined by checking the 'Flight Day Highlights' videos put out by NASA, the break occurred on day 5 and the swarm scene was on day 9, four days later, after the shuttle in its lower orbit had 'lapped' the higher, slower tether and came around behind and below it. Over a period of several hours, every sunrise for several minutes, the shuttle crew made observations and images, both with external TV, internal videocamera, and internal 70-mm still photography [the best resolution].

The crew could also observe the routine swarms of spacecraft-generated ice flakes and other stuff associated with routine shuttle daily activity, which had resumed the day after the tether had broken away. Humans have binocular two-eyed vision ranging capability out to 50 feet or beyond, so if something is that close, the visual cortex can accurately determine it.

Relative distance can also be estimated by observing the timing of local sunrise along the orbit, where close objects experience it near simo and objects higher up encounter it sometime sooner, tens of seconds sooner for ranges the tether was at. The tether appeared to enter sunlight measurably sooner than the shuttle, and the dots appeared very nearly simo with shuttle sunrise, indicating they were much nearer the shuttle than the tether.

Another ranging estimator is the presence of the shuttle's own shadow, which soon after sunrise is cast out nearly horizontally, and in these cases in the direction of the view towards the tether. Several of the dots 'appear' in the upper part of the field of view during the main scene, which is a baffling effect until you realize they could just be small nearby particles [exactly as Franklin Chang-Diaz explained] drifting slowly away, emerging from the shuttle's own shadow and becoming illuminated.

If the hypothetical 'giant UFOs' going 'behind' the tether were genuine [instead of an artifact of the TV camera optics, as the notching most definitely was], the question has to be where had they been for the four days since the break, why did they appear by the tether only when the shuttle was passing beneath it, and why didn't anyone on Earth notice them during those days?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

originally posted by: charolais
I am puzzled at the amount of energy that would be required to hold a craft that size up in the air.

Now, granted beings from another planet could have entirely different forms of energy and technology, it still amazes me that crafts this size could hover and move throughout our atmosphere.

Exactly. Lets assume some of these reports are true, how could a craft 25 miles long stay up in our atmosphere?! Its crazy and unfathomable.

Or something 1-2 miles in length for that matter.......

Either way, we are talking about something MASSIVE in scope.

Those giant ships have zero mass as an effect upon itself from the field it is encapsulated in, rendering it immune to gravity, and it travels using positive and negative polarity attraction and repulsion that our own military calls "magneto aerodynamics" edit: (which is classified right now, Stanton Friedman conducted a survey on Magneto Aerodynamics and 90% of the documents he found that existed on that subject were, and still are classified by the military). Fascinating stuff to read I would bet.

(At least this is what a contact of mine tells me whom I know in the Navy, that I worked with in the 80's at Kirtland Air Force base in Albuquerque).

And I like hearing this theory, or insider info, if you want to call it that, because it actually makes sense to me, and this is assuming these craft are real, which I trust 100 percent they indeed are.

My Brother saw one, a very large one with hundreds of lights, and long rectangular segments as a multi fuselage style craft that was connected with right angled short rectangular tubes or box like shapes. It was going very fast and overhead and was fairly low, and was over the horizon and gone within 20 seconds he said. Looking at it made him feel dizzy, and later he felt that it wasn't very interesting and felt that telling anyone wasn't a big deal, and he forgot about it for a week, and then suddenly remembered and became really excited and in awe of the memory, and then he told me, and related these odd psychological effects, as if it exuded the idea "not" to be excited or even tell anyone about it.

I subsequently have read that this same effect has been reported in the past, and is very interesting.
edit on 12-8-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Possible more Giant UFO

Thanks Arken for the image

Arken
He wouldn't know a Giant ufo if it landed on him he hadn't a clue what he was looking at in photographs.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Hi ya Jim ..

just a few problems .. with the debunking of the STS 75 Tether Incident

if you could please, clear something up for me

bedside's these object's that are going, in all kinds of directions turning and moving at different speeds
and some move to the tether and just stop ( sitting there )

There two things that need to be more in detail of a explanation

1) the Majority of those Objects have a Notch in them that is stationary ..
which i find strange, for being particles or ICE Flakes , space dust etc..

2) seeing the Object's Notch is Stationary , yet from what i cant tell in the Video
they seem to Pulse in a circular motion, and pulse flash in and out .. and while the Object is doing this
that notch is not moving in circular motion as in spinning.

Just to note :
( Ive seen space junk in a distance doing the same flashing but the flashes are random ( sporadic )
and that's the cause, from its tumbling in space and the light from the sun catches as its spinning and reflecting off that i do understand ) but as it looks the STS 75 Objects are not Tumbling .. ( not from what i see anyway )

( as you see in this video below, that the majority of these objects, have that Notch )

THE TETHER INCIDENT "Analyzed And Enhanced" NASA SPACE SHUTTLE STS-75
www.youtube.com...

(for showing that pulse and the circular motion )

NASA STS-75 "Tether Incident" - UFO flightpath tracking/stabilization (Extended Version)
www.youtube.com...

so please in your words and your own view

why is that, that those ice particle's , space dust, whatever you may call them, have these Notches
and are pulsing at 37 times in 10 seconds and 74 times in 20 seconds
according to LunaCognita's video

pardon my ignorance as I don't know

as I rather have someone in this kind of field explaining it ..

a kinda A MAN from Within NASA itself

The myth buster just doesn't cut it for me.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The notch & pulsing is caused by the camera & optics

reply to:
Wolfenz

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz
The notch in the "disk" is the aperture of the camera. Most extremely out of focus small objects will be round with a notch in them, because the object is so out of focus that it takes the shape of the camera's aperture.
www.bhphotovideo.com...

I'm not saying they aren't objects. They clearly are, but like "orbs" and the like, they aren't actually round with a notch in the side.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: wastedown
I've mentioned it in another thread here on ATS, but I pesonally witnessed something that was miles across. In April 2013 about 10 pm, I went in and got my adult nephew and my son, and it was still there for them to see. My son said "What is that Dad?! The end of the world?!" I felt no threat or anxiety and told him it was just showing off. From my point of view it was edge on and all I could see was a long line of flashing color changing lights that pulsed in sequence that the had to be linked together, but all I saw between them was night sky but distorted almost pixelated, from my sons view he looked more up under it and says it was like black silver that he said looked like a screen that he could see through, but could tell it was pretending to look like the sky and stars, that it was a solid thing. It covered a big section of sky south and west Denton maybe just on the west of I-35W traveling north and west and getting lower, we watched it slowly silently drift out ov view below my neighbors shop roof and his trees. It was hard to tell how far away it was, but at least 10 miles and it covered a near 15 degree section of the sky, blocking the horizon, BIG!!

I thought for sure it would be in the news, but nothing, nothing on mufon, including my account. Who would believe us, really. The strange thing that I want to get to the bottom of is why I didn't feel a threat, I should have. Ex Military, Ex Paramedic, I guess I felt like it was ours. It didn't feel alien, at all.

My two cents.

And while this amazing event was occurring right in front of your very eyes the concept of going and getting something like a camera/cellphone was completely out of your thought process?
Or let me guess, the gosh darn thing had just run out of battery charge?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I'd love to experience such an ominous feeling!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
What if the size of the crafts indicate the size of the occupants. Maybe they're from a world where everyone is 20 ft tall. LIke the red giants or the Nephilim.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The clockwise position of the notch is a function of where on the field of view it appears, as the following video demonstrates. that observable fact alone nails the notch as a camera-related artifact.

www.youtube.com...

The fact that there are no notches in the 70-mm handheld photos that include out-of-focus dots clinches this.

The UFO promoters didn't SHOW you THOSE photos? Strange...... maybe not so strange.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

The notch & pulsing is caused by the camera & optics

reply to:
Wolfenz

is your NAME Orberg ?

well if that's the case it must be a whole lot of cameras focus on each one !

smoke and Mirrors ..

what the guy shows in Myth Busters ,, is what he can duplicating with lighting ,

and the main focus and light tricks is just one !

still dosent explain the spinning cicular motion and pulsing does it?

edit on 32015WednesdayfAmerica/Chicago8223 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
How can intelligent, sober, clear-eyed, rational people see a large structured craft passing by when it was really something else is a puzzle until you find example after example where it HAS happened before and in those cases the explanation really was 'something else'. It doesn't prove it ALWAYS was 'something else', but it shows it CAN happen.

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: Drunkenparrot

Quite a few of the "giant " UFO stories were mis-identification of space junk reentering the atmosphere dozens if not hundreds of miles away from the observer.

This is a good topic to discuss. Recent historical studies of bright fireball swarms during certain kinds of satellite reentries show that some witnesses will misperceive the swarm in a consistent and amazing way: a giant spaceship.

www.jamesoberg.com...

-- A significant subset of world UFO reports consist of LARGE quiet slow-moving craft mounted with lights and emitting trails
-- More than merely statistical, they are among the most spectacular “unsolved cases”
-- Speculative prosaic explanations that involve formation-flying bright objects [aircraft or meteor fragments] require a significant degree of eyewitness mental misperception, defying common sense
-- This report persuasively bridges that gap in a broad and visually compelling manner

edit on 12-8-2015 by JimOberg because: add excerpt

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TamtammyMacx
What if the size of the crafts indicate the size of the occupants. Maybe they're from a world where everyone is 20 ft tall. LIke the red giants or the Nephilim.

Interesting point! Never really thought about it that way. We tend to look at them as "Mother Ships".

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz
well if that's the case it must be a whole lot of cameras focus on each one !

smoke and Mirrors ..

I'm not following your logic here. There was ONE external camera following the tether pass, four days after the breakaway. It was a ruggedized space-qualified simple piece of hardware designed for monitoring activity in the payload bay, not a scientific instrument for detailed observation. There were four of them, one in each corner of the payload bay.

There were OTHER much better cameras inside the cabin also being used by the crew to image the tether. The UFO hucksters conceal the images from THOSE cameras. Or maybe they just didn't know much about the encounter and never bothered to look for other camera images. Well, they lied to you about the four-day gap from break to swarm [careful editing was supposed to make you think the swarm showed up quickly, and the trick worked on many -- how about on you?], so it wouldn't surprise me if that were the only deception in their original presentation.

The motion of small objects around the shuttle was a combination of drift, or thruster plume impingement, or gradual air drag effects, of self-thrusting from sunlight-induced sublimation off the illuminated side, and so forth. These dots moved like ice flakes had been observed to move mission after mission after mission, we saw it on the big screen in Mission Control often. It wasn't any mystery once you realized all the unearthly factors involved, there was no reason you would be expected to be familiar with them, so using earthside visual cues would be misleading because it's outer space.
edit on 12-8-2015 by JimOberg because: add paragraph

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The reason that these 'giant ships' act like they have no mass is..
drum roll... they have no mass. Not 'traditional mass' in any
case.

Once this simple (obvious) mental leap is made, then dozens
of incongruities and paradoxes fall to the wayside.

But of course that dashes the little green men flying to Earth
for untold thousands of years to anal probe us and otherwise
torture us (and never let themselves be caught) and that's no
fun. Humans want their little anal probers to be genuine!

Hum.

Do any other 'critters' try not to be caught or to hide their
true form in mythology? Let's see... well pretty much all
of them...

From angels to demons to djinn to faerie folk of numerous
kinds.. nature spirits.. old gods.. new gods.. none of them
want to be 'caught'.. all of them are annoyed if you try to
name them (reveal their identity).

Of course that's just MYTHOLOGY right?

There's no MODERN phenomena that acts that way, right?

Thank God that genuine aliens are constructing massive
fleets of UFOs and buzzing our skies nightly.. abducting
us.. anal probing us.. telling us great stories about star
empires.. telling us that they are really jesus.. telling
us all these wonderful TRUE things..

These TRUE things are so much better than the thousands
of years of nearly identical MYTHOLOGY that is FALSE.

Well I'm glad that we cleared that up!

Kev

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

No, the thing was in my pocket. You tell me how awesome your cell phone camera is at capturing ANYTHING in the night sky 10 miles away from you, because I knew 2 things. One, my phone might have captured some shaky lights in the sky, but not likely, so I got something better 2 human beings that witnessed the event. Two, that if I did present a video of shaky lights that it may or may not have been captured, people like you would complain about a tripod, and that shaky lights prove nothing.

You say "all this time" yet I never mentioned how long the total time was. From when I first saw it until it was completely out of view was less than 60 seconds. I have no idea how long it was there before I noticed it but knew at the rate it was moving I wouldn't see it long, That is when I got the other witnesses from the next room, which means they only saw it for about 40 seconds or less. Not much time to set up a shot, don't you think?

While you are at it, would you mind telling me what I have to gain from telling people this?! Two stars on ATS?! I was there with two other witnesses, and know that what I saw was not normal, period. You don't know me at all but are willing to basically call me a liar, not having any idea of my character or morals? What do you gain from saying it didn't happen? A secure sleep at night knowing that your world is still normal, and your government would never lie to you? What's your gain here, I already got my two stars.
edit on 12-8-2015 by wastedown because: grammar nazi evasion

My gut feeling was it was some black project, very large and likely a "lighter than air" vehicle, not an Alien craft. It was an object that was flying that I could not identify so UFO is the correct term, but doesn't exclusively mean alien craft.
edit on 12-8-2015 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I think its just a matter of time until we see some world ships with our telescopes or various other forms of detection. . . .

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Are there any incidents of dead birds around these sightings?

I remember off the top of my head such incidents of flocks being found on the ground with impact trauma. No indication of any ufo sightings though.

Also, such sized craft would cast shadows or block radio signals etc?
edit on 12-8-2015 by ProleUK because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join