It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wendy’s To Switch To Self Ordering And Automation To Avoid $15/hr Wage hike

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Maybe if businesses worked towards the better good of their employees and customers, things would work out better for society than if they were working towards the better good of their CEOs and shareholders.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Which I don't understand. Isn't it worth it to live in a better world, even if you're super duper rich? Why would you want to live in a crappy world where poverty is sky high and infrastructure is falling apart and there's race and class wars?

Even if you were insanely rich that would be a crappy place to live, you'd never really be able to fully enjoy your wealth...
edit on 12-8-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

originally posted by: Mugly

im bitching

About what $15 an hour will do to whom???

read my posts and figure it out man.
we are not on the same page and we are not going to be so let it go.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: notmyrealname

Maybe if businesses worked towards the better good of their employees and customers, things would work out better for society than if they were working towards the better good of their CEOs and shareholders.

I do not disagree however this is not how things are structured now. Many times I get frustrated by posters that simply complain about how unfair things are without striving for bettering themselves. Without effort, their is no growth. Without anyone recognizing and changing what they can individually, asking the government for help will exacerbate the problem and simply provide band-aid type solutions.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: darkbake

Which I don't understand. Isn't it worth it to live in a better world, even if you're super duper rich? Why would you want to live in a crappy world where poverty is sky high and infrastructure is falling apart and there's race and class wars?

Even if you were insanely rich that would be a crappy place to live, you'd never really be able to fully enjoy your wealth...

I agree with you completely; I am happy that this has happened!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

Oh I get it you only feel the minimum wage should only go up if you get an equal pay raise.

What you don't get is I feel everyone that works 40hrs a week should be able to have a roof over their head, food on their table and transportation to and from work, without having to get help from welfare.

As a journeyman welder the $15 wage is not about helping me, it is about common sense that wages are way behind inflation

If min wage goes up should ceo's get there pay doubled too?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Oh I get it you only feel the minimum wage should only go up if you get an equal pay raise.

no. i said i think minimum wage should go up. i just dont think it should go to 15 an hour. i also said if low skilled entry level workers are going to be handed a near 100% increase then i damn sure want it too. everyone should. why not? why should it matter to the people going from 7.50 to 15? they got what they wanted/demanded.
i think minimum should float around 10 bucks. but handing the lowest skilled positions an increase of that much does not sit well with me and others. people that have worked and struggled to get we are at. damn straight i will be doing the best i can to get a 100% increase as well. if it is good/fair for them then it is good/fair for me.

What you don't get is I feel everyone that works 40hrs a week should be able to have a roof over their head, food on their table and transportation to and from work, without having to get help from welfare.

i get it and i agree. the thing is we are not just talking about people that work 40 hours. we have been through this. you mentioned the long hours they worked and i asked several times for you to back that up and you did not. i did however post a link that states nearly 50% of all fast food workers work part time. so that really does not fit into your 40 hour plan does it. another thing is i think people need to take more personal responsibility. when i said people quit my old foundry after just a few days you jumped right to "oh well they probably got a better job so they left" when i know for a fact that was not the case. they just split. personal responsibility. we dont know all about their financial situations. are they truly not making ends meet or do they bitch and moan while they have a sick tv and take on a $300 a month car payment? some people make bad financial decisions and for this they should be handed a huge increase?
what is wring with driving a car with 100k on it? these are just examples but you know it happens. i would still like you to show a link that talks about these long hours fast food workers put in

As a journeyman welder the $15 wage is not about helping me, it is about common sense that wages are way behind inflation

If min wage goes up should ceo's get there pay doubled too?

are we talking about the ceo's?
i really dont care. my issue is with the entry level workers being handed huge wage increases for nothing.
just giving it to them.

most people are not handed the ceo spot. they bust their ass to get there. they truly put in long hours. they put in the time.
as a journeyman im sure you put in the time and effort to get to where you are.

there are more resources available to people now to gain skills than ever before.

i guess i just see it through different eyes.

in the end i just dont agree with a huge wage increase like that cause they demanded it.
i know everyone does not fit in what i am about to say but a lot do.
i think if they have a problem with their station in life, their job, their wages then they need to take responsibility and be proactive and do something about it.
change jobs. take classes. move to a cheaper apartment. ditch the iphone with the data plan and get a straight talk flip for 25 a month.

some people see it as these unfortunate workers have no other options. i see it as there are always options and they come up with excuses.
hell i gave you examples of people quitting a secure job after days and you came up with excuses for it.

there is work to be had. there is work to be had that pays well.
conditions are not always the best. hours are not always set at 40 but # man. people need to take responsibility.

when i first went to the first foundry i worked at dude it was terrible. it was physically demanding. the hours were long and i was not making great money. i had responsibilities though so i stuck it out.
i proved my worth by doing good work. i was on time. i didnt call off. i bid on jobs that would move me to better spots and pay me more money. that is how things need to be done.
companies in the manufacturing industry will pay you well. they will invest time in you. they will send you to school but they are not going to do it on their first day. it needs to be worth it for them as well.
so yeah, they might have to suck up the hard work for the low money(still much better than fast food) and pay their dues if you will and then they can benefit from it.

i see people that do not want to do that though. they want x amount of money and they want it now.
things just dont work that way and they shouldnt.

every single worker at mcdonalds(save for the felons and mentally challenged) have options...the question is will they take advantage of it.

you at least have to admit the younger generation does not have the greatest work ethic.

i really dont know what else to say to you about this topic. we clearly are never going to agree. we will just never be on the same page.

in the end i just dont feel like those jobs deserve that kind of pay. i know people who have worked it. i know someone working it now and i have worked it.
i know what it is about. it is not worth paying someone 15 an hour.

that is my opinion and it is not going to change

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Ya I get it, it all about you and you don't really care about the other guy.

Everyone that was able to quit pisses you off because you couldn't, you put yourself in that position!

You brown nosed your way up the ladder and your opinion is everyone else should too.

You say fast food workers don't work 40 hrs a week, then explain this:

The Real Economy 10 big overtime pay violators These 10 industries are frequently investigated by the Department of Labor for overtime pay violations. 2 of 11 Fast food restaurants back next overtime violations subway Fast food workers are often underpaid when they're supposed to be earning time-and-a-half pay. Subway chains across the country have been found in violation of pay and hour rules in more than 1,100 investigations spanning from 2000 to 2013, mostly including overtime violations.

source

McDonald's workers filed seven class-action lawsuits in New York, California and Michigan Thursday over wage theft violations. The suits allege that McDonald's has forced employees to work off the clock, not paid them overtime and struck hours off their time cards.

source

Don't mind me, I'm just denying ignorance!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Well no if minimum wage goes up CEOs need to be adequately compensated.

Therir pay pay should quadruple at the very least.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Paramedic Who Makes $15 An Hour Tells The World EXACTLY What He Thinks About Fast Food Workers Earning The Same

source

Be sure to read the source as there is more than the above quote.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

OQ as always you see the truth and you are not afraid to post it.

Quadrupled plus bonuses and stock options too!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Paramedics deserve far more an hour that doesn't mean it devalues anyone else.

That's the straw man they want you to look at.

Because person A is worth more that means person B is worth less.

That's not true. Paramedics are under payed as well. This is normal.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

a reply to: onequestion

OQ as always you see the truth and you are not afraid to post it.

Quadrupled plus bonuses and stock options too!

I just wanted to correct your errors.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

And as you raise everyone's pay, what happens next is inflation. And, in the end, $15 is no longer a subsistence wage. Because, really, that job isn't worth enough income to raise a family on.
edit on 12-8-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

And as you raise everyone's pay, what happens next is inflation. And, in the end, $15 is no longer a subsistence wage. Because, really, that job isn't worth enough income to raise a family on.

Repeat that same statement again 500 more times I'm having a hard time reading it the last 500 times.

Tha ks

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Paramedic Who Makes $15 An Hour Tells The World EXACTLY What He Thinks About Fast Food Workers Earning The Same

source

Be sure to read the source as there is more than the above quote.

the link didnt open. its fine. dont need to read it.
good for the paramedic. maybe he should have a medal or a cookie. or a medal and a cookie.
i am not that paramedic though.
i dont agree. i will never agree.
thats the bottom line.
i dont have to agree either.
hate on it all you want. thats my opinion

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

We need a coa to keep up with inflation on minimum wage or better yet all wages; with the FED constantly adding more money into the economy our money is constantly being devalued.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Not to worry I've taught a few tricks to some pretty stubborn critters:

source

edit on 12-8-2015 by AlaskanDad because: added source

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Repeat that same statement again 500 more times I'm having a hard time reading it the last 500 times.

Tha ks

You'll get to live it as well.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Don't talk any sense it's giving me a headache.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join