It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you eaten at Popeye's lately? ..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The Pizza Hut just up the street within a few hundred feet was robbed at gunpoint the other day, and I was trying to get a job there. There's a Popeye's a little further up the street though. I'm not so sure, they've been finding grenades at fast food restaurants (Mcdonalds) lately.

How am I supposed to get a job within walking distance of my home when I'm moving to an even worse part of town within two months?

www.usatoday.com...
HOUSTON — The pregnant restaurant manager fired after refusing to pay back money taken during an armed robbery, is now demanding $5.5 million.

Marissa Holcomb is asking for the amount for emotional distress.

Holcomb was a manager at a Popeyes fried-chicken restaurant when a man held her at gunpoint during her March 31 shift and demanded she empty the cash register.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I hope you find a good job close to home soon.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Check into getting a job at a pawn shop. They don't get robbed because they have guns. At least the ones in my area.

BTW, don't call you restaurant Popeye's if you aren't going to serve spinach.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

So if the Popeye's is robbed, the manager pays the restaurant back??? I hope she gets the $5.5 million. That's just wrong.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Fast food (CS) jobs suck.

ANY joint has the potential of getting robbed. I'd say go with Pizza Hut. I worked there for 3 years as a senior in high school and my first two years of college, and even though it tarnished my soul for all eternity, I had some of the craziest best times of my life, even if it was nuts at times. God the stuff we did and saw. Alcoholics, idiots, people stuck in time warps from the 80s, poor bastards who couldn't read or write, skanks, lots of drugs, setting couches on fire, unplugging phones, and more, lol. And the TRUE stereotypes we saw.

It's like being in an alternative universe.

Give it a shot. If you're a cook you can munch on pepperoni and cheese, and hopefully they still give you a free meal.

Someone tries to rob you, just tell them you'll make them a free pie.

join