It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian T80 how bad is it?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate

A trained scout can kill a tank with thermite on the bustle rack if they have bad security or they loose them.
THAT too will decapitate one.
ANY tank.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Semicollegiate

A trained scout can kill a tank with thermite on the bustle rack if they have bad security or they loose them.
THAT too will decapitate one.
ANY tank.

I watched two National Guard red necks pop up form a culvert ditch and take out the CO's tank in an exercise once.
Black 6 was not a happy man that day

If they could do it I'm sure other people can.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
It really is a matter of poor training and doctrine than anything. Many tanks have flaws, but if properly used those flaws are not a real problem. That is also why Russia always uses auto loaders, on less man and they just do not put in the training that it takes to make a human a faster and superior loader than a machine. And who know how these things are being built The Russian can design things fine but, building them in any numbers correctly has been a problem since the death of the Soviet Union. You drag tanks into towns and tanks you are going to lose no matter how good they are.

The problem with the T-72 Auto loader was the gun had to rotate up a bit to make room for the shell to reload. Then the gunner had to reacquire the target. That takes a lot of time. Not sure if they fixed that problem in the T-80 or not.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: mash3d

If the crew can't operate AT OUR speed it's over,you see films of their crew and it's their BEST .
ANY crew trained in the US can operate efficently or they wouldn't BE there.
I have seen master gunners vaccum load an M60 MBT at a gunnery the were able to fire a round a second.
edit on 20-8-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

If the crew can't operate AT OUR speed it's over,you see films of their crew and it's their BEST .
ANY crew trained in the US can operate efficently or they wouldn't BE there.
I have seen master gunners vaccum load an M60 MBT at a gunnery the were able to fire a round a second.

Were they doing a "hot load" on the M60? For those that do not know that means the loader puts a shell in the Gun and then puts another shell between his feet ready to go. With the M1 Abrahams 120mm caseless shells that's a big no-no. My fastest time as a loader was 3.5 seconds to reload from a dead stand still. The army qualification time to reload is 5 seconds. That's why they really don't need auto loaders on U.S. tanks.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The Rafael Trophy system has been proven to work in close range battle. The Israelis have used it to success.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Have you ever heard of a bad crew who couldn't do it?
M1s don't miss.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join