It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryptid or Alien?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Most of my favorite cryptids walk the line between true cryptid and extraterrestrial (or in my personal theory extradimensional). This light article touched on some of my favorites including the odd choice of the Mantis Man who I just found out about recently.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: PreHerStoria

Mantis Man who I just found out about recently.

Oh yeah....I like the reptilian army sent to Earth via the USA government to take over the world........why oh why?

So let's focus on proving one, just one of any of these before we speak about them all together....I am not picky, any will work...
edit on 8/11/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: PreHerStoria
Most of my favorite cryptids walk the line between true cryptid and extraterrestrial (or in my personal theory extradimensional). This light article touched on some of my favorites including the odd choice of the Mantis Man who I just found out about recently.

Nice little read, thanks for sharing.
edit on 11/8/15 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I think some of these beg for skepticism but I actually believe pretty strongly in the Flatwoods Monster although I think what was witnessed was actually some sort of machine. I'm not necessarily saying it's even extraterrestrial. It could have been a military thing. It would account for the mustard gas and hissing.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: PreHerStoria
I think some of these beg for skepticism but I actually believe pretty strongly in the Flatwoods Monster although I think what was witnessed was actually some sort of machine. I'm not necessarily saying it's even extraterrestrial. It could have been a military thing. It would account for the mustard gas and hissing.

Considering the fact that it hoovered above the ground and it exepeled flames and radiation, it was mostly like a machine.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein.

You won't believe any kind cryptid creature exists,because you're a full blown Skeptic with a close mind. Just because you have not had an encounter with a Mantis entity does not mean It doesn't exist. Do the research on all cryptid creatures that you doubt,and check out how many documented encounters people have had. The greatest amount of encounters go unheard,because they fear ridicule from skeptics.

edit on 16-8-2015 by Scottsman2014 because: worded wrong again

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Scottsman2014

Uh-huh. Given how quick you are to chastise others for being skeptical, I'm assuming you have proof of these creatures' existence. Let's see it.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: PreHerStoria

You are spot on with saying that these mantis entities are Interdimensional beings.Nice to see that not all humans are Ignorant when it come to things outside the norm. I just am so tired of close minded skeptics that know nothing outside their 4 by 4 dome that shields them from the truth.

edit on 16-8-2015 by Scottsman2014 because: Wrong words I meant to say

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Do some research on these encounters people are having with the same entities,But you won't believe any of this any way until you yourself have your own life changing experience. I am not chastising you,but want you to realize that anything Is possible In this dimensional world called reality that we all live in. Most people are scared #less when this happens to them,and the last thing they think to do is take photos. If you want to know more about these Mantis beings do the research,but like I said you won't accept the fact that things you can not comprehend as something many people have experienced are in fact real,until you see with a opened mind that everything is possible.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I've done some "research" into such stories, but without any evidence whatsoever to back them up, they are nothing more than just that: Stories.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I apologize,because I in fact was kind of close minded,Ignorant,and skeptical at one time.,until I had many paranormal encounters that I could not dismiss as real. I educated myself on these experiences that changed my perception and realize I wasn't alone.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Then why go to these posts If you are not open to the possibility that just because you haven't been slapped in the face with the same thing others have,they couldn't be possibly real. Everything Is just a fiction story until it becomes non fiction to people that have had mind awakening experiences. None of these people truly believed that the impossible was fact until they in fact experienced what they did. I can't change your mind,but I do hope you also have a life changing experience that you can share with others who have gone through the same.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Good for you. However, most rational, open-minded people still require evidence before believing in ridiculous sounding stories.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I'm with you on that Scottsman! I always see this Guy slamming other threads with His limited perception and understanding,I don't think we are dealing with a genuine skeptic btw. People like this need to start their own threads and make a contribution, rather than derail other people's threads with little more than an uninformed opinion and no proof!!

This world has a range of undiscovered creatures in it. Humanity (for the most part) is in a state of retardation (my conversation with my Father yesterday confirmed this).

The pleseiasurus is very intriguing as one example..all the global reports match down to the finest detail. So basically in all the Great Lakes around the world we have aquatic Dinosaurs just as one example.

We have a race of non Homo sapiens that branched off from humanity 10-20,000 years ago and were the ones who established the previous civilizations of this planet far in advance of our own. These individuals are the ones behind the UFOs..anyway point being? humanity has shared this Earth with them and has zero idea (for the most part) of their existence! This is a prime example of how things like this can escape detection.The world is absolutely full of undiscovered things like this.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I appreciate the responses from both sides and I'm always curious to hear whatever anyone has to contribute, whether that be verbal accounts, hard proof, or debunking. I understand a skeptic's frustration with verbal accounts but silencing verbal accounts altogether would be a big mistake in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Just because you have not had an encounter with a Mantis entity does not mean It doesn't exist

Yes it does....

Prove it

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Most people are scared #less when this happens to them

How many of them make movies about their "scary experience"?

Hmmm.....

With no proof to boot....

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Everything Is just a fiction story until it becomes non fiction to people that have had mind awakening experiences

Wait, aren't we talking about physical beings here?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PreHerStoria I've personally looked at many of those videos out there by kids, playing hoaxes since the fake image of a mantis man came out, tiresome. The thing is though there was and has been a lot of clear images of this creature for years, more so than big foot. I'm very curious about this creature. I will take the still images of camera set up in woods or on roads, before believing in those videos. Like going into a shack and seeing this weird man thing without cloths, or the one video of the guys camping out in the woods, and while filming something runs by. It looks like a man naked, running on all fours with no hair, and wicked looking mouth.

new topics

top topics

join