It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC Adds New "Exclusivity Requirement" to Debate Plan - to Promote and Protect Hillary?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The DNC's new restriction (an exclusivity requirement) may not even be legal. The DNC has limited the number of "sanctioned" debates to six, and says that if a candidate participates in an "unsanctioned" debate, they will be denied participation in any further official debates.

Martin O'Malley and Bernie Sanders understandably take issue with this requirement, as they have both asked for MORE debates and more discussions.

Martin O'Malley Raises Legal Questions with Democratic Debate Plan

Of particular concern to O’Malley is the DNC’s exclusivity requirement, which would punish candidates and debate sponsors who participate in unsanctioned debates by barring them for participating in remaining official events. The DNC’s goal was the limit the unwieldy sprawl of the last Democratic primary in 2008, when the number of debates mushroomed to about two dozen.

But O’Malley’s attorney says that exclusivity clause is “legally unenforceable.”

“Under Federal Election Commission rules, the format and structure of each debate must be controlled exclusively by the debate sponsor, not by any party or candidate committee,” Sandler wrote in the memo.

Effectively putting a muzzle on the Democratic candidates as regards debates would result in Bernie Sanders and Martin O'Malley not being free to debate in other forums, where the questions and responses might not be so flattering to Hillary, if she even showed up.

I'm highly disappointed in the DNC for using tactics that would limit people's access to the candidates' thoughts and the differences between their strategies. The DNC is clearly taking their cues from the Republican party to manipulate the debate outcomes...

Of the exclusivity clause, DNC Communications Director Mo Elleithee said, “Every now and then Republicans have ideas that aren’t so terrible, and this was one of them."

Democrats Take Fire for Exclusivity Clause in Official Debates

Just minutes after announcing that it will only sanction six contests and that candidates who appear in any debate outside of those six will be barred from attending a sanctioned debate, Lis Smith, a spokeswoman for likely Democratic contender former Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley criticized the small number of debates and the exclusivity requirement.

But an aide to one Democratic 2016 aspirant said they were taken aback by the exclusivity clause. “In the discussions that the DNC had with potential 2016 candidates, they explicitly said there would be no exclusivity clause and it was a shock to see that they included one in their press release today,” the aide said. “It was all an elaborate game where everything was worked out in advance with the Clinton people,” the aide alleged.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The US & UK populations are the lab rats of the NWO.

Our debates earlier in the year had numerous stipulations & clauses...

And eventually the debate holders cowtowed to the demands of the parties.

The common public suffer for this insubordination from our elected servants.

It's all a rigged game.
I'm saying this so often lately that I may make it my sig, header, location and mood.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Be strikingly funny if Sanders, O'malley and potentially Biden did an unsanctioned debate, leaving Clinton to debate herself at DNC debates.

I'm not on this side of the aisle but seems DNC is doing its best to limit HC exposure.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
Be strikingly funny if Sanders, O'malley and potentially Biden did an unsanctioned debate, leaving Clinton to debate herself at DNC debates.

LOL! I didn't think of that! I think it's a great idea! But she has a lot of support because she's the one everyone knows. It may backfire and just be free publicity for her to have a televised rally, reaching millions of people.

I'm not on this side of the aisle but seems DNC is doing its best to limit HC exposure.

Yeah, the more she's exposed, the more tough questions she'll be asked and the worse she'll look next to the other candidates. I honestly think protection of Hillary up to the primary election is the motive.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

That's exactly what's happening.

The less people know about Hillary, the better... for Hillary.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The DNC...

Is feeling the Bern.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Maybe it's just me.

Maybe I'm just a little slow.

But I've the impression that politicians, all politicians are unwilling to openly talk to the public.

Whatever happened to open townhall-style meetings?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Another ploy so when they steal this election for Hillary it will look more legitimate than it actually is.
Just as the RNC shafted Ron Paul in every possible way the other DP contenders are going to be slammed.
Maintain the bloodlines! Hillary for Prez!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Exactly!

originally posted by: beezzer
But I've the impression that politicians, all politicians are unwilling to openly talk to the public.

I'd say that most are, but I've seen proof that the Donald and Bernie are not afraid. That's one thing they have in common. But I'd have to agree with you about the rest.

Whatever happened to open townhall-style meetings?

They still have them. They're not debates. They're usually one candidate meeting with the people. The DNC wants to limit Hillary having to answer to other candidates.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Absolutely Brilliant!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

LOL! I didn't think of that! I think it's a great idea! But she has a lot of support because she's the one everyone knows. It may backfire and just be free publicity for her to have a televised rally, reaching millions of people.

So the trick will be to get all of their candidates on an unsanctioned debate... thereby all forbidden from taking part in the sanctioned debates... and allowing for a whole timeslot of dead air.

I would honestly watch a debate where no one showed up. I think it would be a hoot to see the audience reactions.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Yep. It worked for the RNC (and their men were Romney and McCain! LOL!)

This election is going to be a disaster! Good thing Bernie isn't depending on TV exposure!
edit on 8/11/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Bernie Sanders is one of the very select few politicians I respect.
I may not agree with him on everything but the man is real, has a heart and does what he says.
If his message gets out he ought to be able to stomp the competition.
Trump is the only other real contender imo but I don't feel I can trust him.

edit on 11-8-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

It makes me wonder if the DNC will try to spin it so that Sanders can't debate because of his participation via twitter at the first RNC debate. Probably just my tinfoil hat, but...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

lol hadn't thought of it that way.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I had been on twitter on the anniversary of Michael Brown's death and Debbie Wasserman Schultz had tweeted #blacklivesmatter so I replied to the effect of if she believed that she should host more than six debates and make one of them strictly for addressing concerns of the black community, moderated by BLM leaders. Needless to say... no reply.

The DNC and RNC need to be abolished.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This is such an important election. I have no idea who I am voting FOR. I only know people that I won't be voting for (Bush, Clinton etc).

These scripted debates aren't helping much.
edit on 2015/8/11 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Eliminate the possibility of unscripted debate, a chance for the public to possibly get real debate and answers.

Someone or even multiples of candidates are running scared of themselves and they're history; so, eliminate them from scripted events that gives home field advantage to the crooks.

ETA: Thats alright though, Bernie has tens of thousands at his events and numbers keep on growing...

Feel The Bern.

edit on 11-8-2015 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This thread needs to be marked down on the ATS calendar! I have never seen so many of certain individuals semi-agree on anything much less HRC.

To that point and the OP, it sounds like a feud in the DNC. The Clinton side trying to control the entire primary by pure stranglehold. Then "un-named elements" opposed to them letting the blood hounds chase down evidence within the administration regarding her server/email issue. 'Oh my, not in there! Don't look in there - here let me hold the door open for you - please NO, for the children's sake!'

With Bernie coming on strong on the left and The Donald coming on strong on the right, it is becoming clearly evident both the DNC and GOP are outliving their usefulness. Of course they will not go down with out a fight - citizens be damned!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This is such an important election. I have no idea who I am voting FOR. I only know people that I won't be voting for (Bush, Clinton etc).

These scripted debates aren't helping much.

I agree!

They are restricting the Dem debates because every time
Hillary speaks publicly her numbers go down, imagine
her having to participate in as many debates as the Rep,
she'd be at negative 100% in the polls.

Aside from the fact that it is a disaster every time
she speaks.
We do not want to go the way of dynastic Presidency.

The Bushes and the Clintons are very close friends.

So do you think they sat around laughing about the fact
that they think no matter who wins as long as it is a
Clinton or a Bush that they will still hold the power?

Hillary is the absolute worst choice possible in the
entire field of both parties. Even Trump looks
fantastic next to her.

Jeb, just no.

edit on 10Tue, 11 Aug 2015 22:44:08 -0500pm81108pmk112 by grandmakdw because: addition

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join