It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anchorman has on-air meltdown

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Not sure if iv'e posted this in the correct place so mods feel free to move.

I dunno wether to hail this guy a hero or not, wether you are a fan of the Kardashians or not, i have to say i am sick to the back teeth of hearing about them too..much like this anchor lol.

part of his rant

I am having a good Friday, so I refuse to talk about the Kardashians today… I cannot do it. I have had enough Kardashians! I cannot TAKE any more Kardashian stories on this show. It is a non-story! We are talking about this family every freaking day on this show! Nobody cares about this family anymore!

The story was about kylie jenner getting a new pet rabbit (yawn) and calling it bruce

I think there are far more important issues in the world that need to be brought to the fore and discussed rather than some talentless bimbo buying a new pet rabbit

here is the story and video guardianlv.com...

so what do you think? was he out of line? or did he just voice the opinion of the majority of the public?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I thought he was kidding at first, then it kept going on, lol. In my opinion, he showed a lot more restraint than I would have.
+1 vote for Hero.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
I thought he was kidding at first, then it kept going on, lol. In my opinion, he showed a lot more restraint than I would have.
+1 vote for Hero.

My thoughts exactly lol, they kind of made a joke about it, but i think he was deadly serious

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Was he out of line? We will find out if he disappears from his job in the next few days.

Do I agree with him? Absolutely.

However... I am not signing his checks so my opinion on It likely means very little.

Unfortunately not everyone is sick of them or it wouldn't even make the news. There are some scary people out there.

And they vote.

You are welcome in advance for the nightmare that will cause tonight.

edit on 8/11/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay
LOL. It was only a matter of time.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Was he out of line? We will find out if he disappears from his job in the next few days.

Do I agree with him? Absolutely.

However... I am not signing his checks so my opinion on It likely means very little.

Unfortunately not everyone is sick of them or it wouldn't even make the news. There are some scary people out there.

And they vote.

You are welcome in advance for the nightmare that will cause tonight.

well i do know that kaitlyns jenners new show was a flop, and hardly anyone tuned it to watch, even though there was this huuuge circle jerk over her a couple months ago for being sooo brave and getting that bravery award lol.....

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
good for this guy. he finally Said what were all thinking.

behind the scenes I bet right now there is probably some publicist freaking out. "what! i paid that news affiliate to do a piece on my client! I'm blacklisting them and my client will never be doing them any favors again! now to call my douchey circle of industry friends to call their friends at the news station and bitch, bully and threaten blacklisting and attempt to socially ostracize! I'll show them for going against the will of my client! oh wait, its that time to call my other douchey friends that are editors at all the tabloids and junk magazines and remind them to do our agreed upon weekly fluff piece on my client." - how certain Hollywood celebritards stay in business.

glad this guy is calling their BS.

edit on 11-8-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I think ATS should have a rule, no threads about Jenner or the Kartrashinans unless its a story about one of em dying.

I am sorry I said that but sheesh, I thought this was the one safe place from them.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I think there are far more important issues in the world that need to be brought to the fore and discussed rather than some talentless bimbo buying a new pet rabbit

I agree. I happen to like the Kardashians, but I'm pretty disappointed when my news sites think anything Kardashian is worthy of "news." I don't go to entertainment sites to read about politics and I don't go to political sites to read about the Kardashians.

But having said that, there are far more important issues in the world to have an on-air meltdown over rather than some girl who isn't hurting anyone. If that's his biggest problem, his priorities are pretty out-of-whack in my opinion...

Explains much about the world of news media though!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

he could have just ................ not mentioned them

but no - he had to talk about " not talking about them "

that ladies and gentlemen is where the world is going wrong

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

he could have just ................ not mentioned them

but no - he had to talk about " not talking about them "

that ladies and gentlemen is where the world is going wrong

well when you are a news anchor doing a story, its your job to mention that which is to be reported

not mentioning them was not an option.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I totally think the "melt-down" was staged for FOX ratings. It was all done in a joking manner.

Yes, a lot of people feel that way about Kardashians.
A lot of people feel that way about Trump.
A lot of people feel that way about Ferguson.
A lot of people feel that way about ANY STORY that permeates the news for some time.

That's just the way it is.

originally posted by: kellyjay
well i do know that kaitlyns jenners new show was a flop, and hardly anyone tuned it to watch

Don't know where you got your info, but I'm afraid you're wrong there...

I am Cait Scores SOLID Ratings for E!

“I Am Cait” is to run for eight episodes, and the production company behind the show, Bunim/Murray Productions, hopes E! will pick it up for another season.

My husband and I are LOVING the show so far! It's extremely educational, emotional and fun!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I totally think the "melt-down" was staged for FOX ratings. It was all done in a joking manner.

A lot of people feel that way about ANY STORY that permeates the news for some time.

well i do know that kaitlyns jenners new show was a flop, and hardly anyone tuned it to watch

“I Am Cait” is to run for eight episodes, and the production company behind the show, Bunim/Murray Productions, hopes E! will pick it up for another season.

My husband and I are LOVING the show so far! It's extremely educational, emotional and fun!

yes because you and your husband make up the entirety of the US right?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.youngcons.com...

nypost.com...

www.vanguardngr.com...

my info is all over the internet

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The video.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Seemed more like banter from a morning show than a meltdown. I wanted to see him flipping out throwing his own poop into the crowd.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Just wait until the ghost of Bruce starts haunting "Kaitlyn" or whatever he's going as. It will be a hoot!
edit on 8/11/2015 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: A real hoot, I tell ya!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I have to ask, WTF is educational on a TV show about a converted twit with a twat? I don't get it, IMHO it isn't educational it's at best entertainment for the liberal PC crowd, at worst fluffy social engineering propaganda. Total non-story just like the rest of the kardashian drivel.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

That is just.. BIZARRE! I don't doubt you enjoy it.. but I can't imagine any educational benefits coming from that family. Unless your idea of education is Port-A-Potty scum.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I didn't even imply that. I said we like it. Is that OK with you? Apparently not.

If you think the Kardashian and Jenner clans are getting too much coverage, why did you ADD to it with this thread?

Perusing your previous threads, I can see how important "real news" is to you...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I didn't even imply that. I said we like it. Is that OK with you? Apparently not.

If you think the Kardashian and Jenner clans are getting too much coverage, why did you ADD to it with this thread?

Perusing your previous threads, I can see how important "real news" is to you...

Yes and i can tell you need to find a better educational source than a show about a guy who got his genitals chopped off...but hey whatever floats your boat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join